Pokemon Week Returns! Generation II Remake Pre-Release EVENT!

Started by GAX, February 19, 2010, 05:30:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

February 19, 2010, 05:30:47 pm Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:33:34 pm by PKMN Trainer RED
Yes, it's that time again.  The release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver is less than a month away and it's time for some fun.

For many of us, Generations I and II are where it all began, and now the Generation II Remake is upon us.

So here's the events!

Event 1 - You Are a Pokemon Trainer/Pokemon Month (February 19, 2010 - March 14, 2010, possibly longer)
Pretty simple, make a request in this thread of what you'd like your trainer title to be or even a trainer name.  Please note that the following titles are on a priority basis and Moderators/Admins have first dibs:
Champion
Elite Four
Gym Leader
Any Named Playable character from the handheld games (IE PKMN Trainer Blue, Green, Yellow, etc.)
Your name will be changed back after the end of the events.

Event 2 - Pokemon Neon Meet and Greet
This is one that should be fun:  Those of you with Pokemon Neon accounts are invited to see your fellow forum members in game.  If PvP battles are possible, they will likely occur.  For those who don't have accounts or can't make them:  I will likely stream this event over the net at some point via livestream or another member may do so.

Event 3 - Pokemon Fanart Contest
Let your creative genius take hold and do some fanart.  Looking for judges for this, as well as those looking to supply prizes.  Also, this may not be limited to just drawn/painted art.  I wanna see everything from remixes of pokemon songs to Gijinka fanart (see Pokedex.deviantart.com for details on this).

Event 4 - Friendcode Exchange:
Have a Generation IV game?  Why not share friendcodes with one another, trade, and battle along side and against one another.

Event 5 - Generation II Rush! (starts March 14, 2010)
Got HeartGold/SoulSilver?  Then share your progress, share strategies, and see who can reach the legendary battle atop Mt. Silver!

More events will likely pop up as they're introduced/thought up, so have fun with it!

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Diokatsu

I want to be Gary Oak.

...and if that doesn't work I want to be Gym Leader Dio

G_G

winkio

WhiteRose

February 19, 2010, 05:52:10 pm #4 Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 07:39:48 pm by Flower Lady WhiteRose
I'd like a name, but I can't think of anything good off the top of my head. Surprise me.

EDIT: Haha, I like it. One question though; why is Pokemon week almost a month long? I mean, I don't have a problem with that or anything, but shouldn't we at least change the name?

lilbrudder917

I can't wait for March 14th:P I don't know if I should get HeartGold or SoulSilver. I got further on Silver than Gold, so I'll probably go with SS. Anyways, can I be "BRELOOM Trainer BRUDDER"?

Also, does the friend code exchange thing have a start date or has it already? I want to know how good my team is, but everyone I've battled isn't amazingly good, so winning against them isn't telling me much...

tSwitch

on week 4 I will be accepting challenges to my favorite 6 pokemon dream-team.
prepare yourselves, and don't be below level 90.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

winkio

fugibo

Spaceman McConaughey

I wanna be, "Ray William Johnson's Mudkip", please. <3

If not, Anything with Mudkip will do.

Diokatsu

Chaze007

Rival Chaze007
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spoofus

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

tSwitch

name changes up to Spoofus done.
you're welcome.

Quote from: Arceus on February 19, 2010, 08:11:24 pm
lol, my suitemate says his dream team is six Grimers XD

EKANS is SNAKE backwards
ARBOK is KOBRA backwards
MUK is...

Starrodkirby86

I'm the original, I had a Pokemon related set already. ;_;

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ryex

February 20, 2010, 12:48:31 am #16 Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:58:47 am by Professor Ryexander Elm
thank you

PS: what do you think of the avy I made for this?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spoofus

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

tSwitch

Starrodkirby86

Flint: Elite Four by day, Pedophile Superhero by night.

:shaft:

Also, Spoofus is back! \o/ Such a lovely week to return.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).