iTunes 9

Started by fugibo, September 09, 2009, 10:28:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Subsonic_Noise

I sadly have to use iTunes because of my iPhone, and ot sucks. That whole synch stuff annoys me, really.
For videos, though, I use media player classic. Yes, I use a media player that has just one file which is a few kb big. It does everything I need and doesn't really take any space.

fugibo

Quote from: Shiny Magikarp on February 23, 2010, 06:11:49 am
I sadly have to use iTunes because of my iPhone, and ot sucks. That whole synch stuff annoys me, really.
For videos, though, I use media player classic. Yes, I use a media player that has just one file which is a few kb big. It does everything I need and doesn't really take any space.

What are our complaints? It's definitely not great, but I never get (other than the whole bloat thing) why people "hate" it. I'm just wondering, I'm nowhere near stupid enough to argue that Apple knows how to make decent music player software.

Blizzard

It's buggy and crashes often. i.e. each time I close iTunes, the iTunes process starts eating up one of my cores and won't shut down. I have to kill it through the Task Manager. Not to talk that it crashes about every 10th time I use it and the only things I've been doing is sync my iPod Touch and transfer apps. I've tried maybe 4-5 to play music and one of those 4-5 times it crashed. I think it also froze once when I tried clearing the music library. And it doesn't keep track of music changes properly. i.e. I have once folder added to the music library, but it never updates the library regardless of new or removed music.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Quote from: Champion Blizzard on February 23, 2010, 09:54:39 am
It's buggy and crashes often. i.e. each time I close iTunes, the iTunes process starts eating up one of my cores and won't shut down. I have to kill it through the Task Manager. Not to talk that it crashes about every 10th time I use it and the only things I've been doing is sync my iPod Touch and transfer apps. I've tried maybe 4-5 to play music and one of those 4-5 times it crashed. I think it also froze once when I tried clearing the music library. And it doesn't keep track of music changes properly. i.e. I have once folder added to the music library, but it never updates the library regardless of new or removed music.

1) blizzard has an ipod what
2) Oh, yeah. I forgot how much it can suck on Windows. But that does seem a tad extreme.

Blizzard

1) iPod Touch. It's an iPhone that's 50% slimmer minus the GSM module, the camera and the hardware mute switch. I prefer a normal cellphone over an iPhone anytime.
2) I wish it wasn't true. :/ I wish it would at least shut down properly. :/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.