What should I get next?

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, February 23, 2010, 08:13:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

So, I'm having a tough time deciding...

What next? 64 GB iPod Touch? Or a 16 GB iPad(When it's out; I can wait. ;) ) Now, I say 16 GB iPad because it's $500 while the 64 GB iPod Touch is $399.(Or $350 at CostCo or Sam's Club)

So, which one? The iTouch is good because it's pretty much the same OS as iPad, and has all of the apps I loved when I used to have an iTouch, but the screen is SOOO small for my big fingers. >.< But, eh... I kind of did get past that when I had one. But, oh man, the iPad has a nine inch screen more than perfect for my fingers, and JUST right for drawing! :shifty:

So, I'll let all of you decide.

After I get one of these fine items, I'll give my Android Internet Tablet to Good Will or something along the lines. :)

Aqua

Do you use shortcut keys when you're drawing?
If you do, then just stick with a regular tablet.

And... calibrating the cursor to match the pen suuuucks (at least for my tablet pc)

If you were to get a 16 GB iPad, why not consider a 16 GB iTouch since it'd be even cheaper? lolz

And um...
I don't know much about Apple stuff... so maybe none of the things I've said are true :x

Diokatsu

Apple is bound to make a good tablet that's easy as hell to use. But you already have a tablet, so don't waste your money.

Spaceman McConaughey

Gonna be honest with you... this tablet is a piece of shit. xD

It lags too much for me when drawing... ._.

And it's not good for gaming at all. (Which is one of the main reasons I buy these things) And, hell, if this tablet went to Good Will.. some kid that would never think of owning something like this can have one. :D And that would make me feel good to do so for a less-fortunate child. <3

So this tablet is not good for any of the reasons I want it.('Cept playing GBA on it, but my PSP works MUCH better with that. :roll: )

fugibo

February 23, 2010, 08:34:09 pm #4 Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:57:37 am by fugo ad te, pikachu!
The iPad aims to be revolutionary. It's the antithesis of MS Surface; rather than making a giant, amazing computer than no-one can buy, they're building a general purpose, weak, underwhelming computer.

In other words, if you want an iPod Touch, you want an iPod Touch. Not an iPad.

Diokatsu

#1 Rule of Giving: If you wouldn't use it yourself, don't even consider giving it to charity.

Never hold a double standard for yourself and the less fortunate. Someone may very well appreciate something you give them because they have nothing, but does that make your gift worthy of receiving? Is that person's standard of quality less than yours because of their situation? No, they are just as worthy and lovely a human being as yourself and deserve the treatment and standards of quality you hold for yourself.

Starrodkirby86

iPod Touch. I'm not very enthusiastic with the revealing of the iPad, but if you already have a tablet, then what's the point? :P

Sure, the computer may seem laggy or something...but, you already have a tablet... o.o

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Spaceman McConaughey

February 23, 2010, 09:19:56 pm #7 Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:22:29 pm by Trainer Branden
Quote from: Gym Leader Diokatsu on February 23, 2010, 08:37:55 pm
#1 Rule of Giving: If you wouldn't use it yourself, don't even consider giving it to charity.

Never hold a double standard for yourself and the less fortunate. Someone may very well appreciate something you give them because they have nothing, but does that make your gift worthy of receiving? Is that person's standard of quality less than yours because of their situation? No, they are just as worthy and lovely a human being as yourself and deserve the treatment and standards of quality you hold for yourself.

Yeah yeah, I know. I didn't say that their standard of quality is less than mine because of their situation.  :<_<:
It was more like, "Hey, I want to give them something the parents can't afford for their kid just so he'll have something entertaining to pass the time."

Hell, maybe I can just give it directly to someone I know who's having money problems, so he/she can sell it to get a little money to get one step closer to paying the bills on time. Then it would certainly be good to give. :)

And, Dio. I meant give it to a Good Will shop. A place where the family could buy the stuff in there for way less than other places. Not to charity.(I mean, something like that to charity is kind of pointless. :xD: )

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 23, 2010, 09:13:49 pm
iPod Touch. I'm not very enthusiastic with the revealing of the iPad, but if you already have a tablet, then what's the point? :P

Sure, the computer may seem laggy or something...but, you already have a tablet... o.o

The thing is, I hate the OS, and the fact that all of my favorite stuff is Springboard Exclusive. :P

Blizzard

I'm not getting the impression that you need either one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

The iPad is terrible.  All it is is a larger overpriced iPod Touch.

It's not a computer, you can't install things on it except from the APP STORE, it doesn't have flash, you need an adapter to plug something in via USB.  It's a piece of crap.

That being said, if you're die-hard about a 16GB storage $500 iPod by all means get it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Subsonic_Noise

*looks at topic title*
A life.

:V?

*reads post*
Well, drawing on the iPad? Like, fingerpaint? My iPhone, at least, doesn't accept any pens, and I believe the iPad has the same screen. Even if it does, which software would you want to use? I'm just trying to point out that buying the iPad for drawing would make as much sense as trying to use an apple as a tennis ball. It might look possible at first, but it won't be much fun. Also, it both kind of involves an apple.
That being said, the iPod touch and the iPad are different products. What do you want? A portable multimedia player or... an iPad?

Spaceman McConaughey

Yeah, guys. I've made my decision. I'm getting the iPod Touch. :P

And yeah, SN. I know the iPad can't use a stylus. It should be common knowledge to anyone.

And to people saying I don't need either one since I already have a tablet... it don't matter to me. :D

Now I just need you guys to help me decide this: 32 GB iTouch, or 64 GB?(It isn't going to be a 16, I've had that and it's storage didn't last long enough.)

But, lol, I think I know what the answer's gonna be already. :xD:

Blizzard

Probably the better choice. It seems to me that iPad is just more expensive and bigger with a faster CPU and more RAM that you practically don't need.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

lol, yeah. Good point.

I mean, the main reason I now want the iTouch, is that they sell them as 3G only now(Cheaper, too), and when I had one it was 2G.

That extra speed is exactly what I need to play my favorite PSX games. <3

So to fit my collection of PSX games, I will get the 64 GB.

Thanks, guys. :D

Spaceman McConaughey

Now got an iPod Touch. Thanks for your time, everyone. ;)

*locked*

tSwitch

playstation games on an ipod.
you must hate your battery.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr