[XP] Element Attack Armors

Started by G_G, February 22, 2010, 10:30:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

February 22, 2010, 10:30:29 pm Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 09:55:20 pm by Hellfire's G_G
Element Attack Armors
Authors: game_guy
Version: 1.0
Type: Armor Add-On
Key Term: Actor Add-on

Introduction

All armors setup in the database just allows you to make them guard against elements. This scripts makes it possible to allow them to add elements to your attack. Ex: You have Fiery Ring = Weapons do fire-typed damage when equipped.

Features

• Adds elements to your attacks according to armor wearing.

Screenshots

N/A

Demo

N/A (Unless you really want one. Ask me.)

Script

Spoiler: ShowHide

#===============================================================================
# Element Attack Armors
# Author game_guy
# Version 1.0
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Intro:
# All armors setup in the database just allows you to make them guard against
# elements. This scripts makes it possible to allow them to add elements to
# your attack. Ex: You have Fiery Ring = Weapons do fire-typed damage
# when equipped.
#
# Features:
# Adds elements to your attacks according to armor wearing.
#
# Instructions:
# Go down to Setup Armors and follow instructions there.
#
# Credits:
# game_guy ~ For making it
# jragyn00 ~ For requesting it
#===============================================================================
module GameGuy
 def self.accelement(id)
   case id
    #===========================
    # Armor Element Attack Setup
    # Use when armor_id then return [elements]
    #===========================
   when 25 then return [1, 2, 3, 4]
   end
   return []
 end
end
class Game_Actor < Game_Battler
 alias gg_elem_armor_attack_lat element_set
 def element_set
   return multi_equip_elem if defined?(G7_MS_MOD)
   elem = gg_elem_armor_attack_lat
   for i in [@armor1_id, @armor2_id, @armor3_id, @armor4_id]
     if i != nil
       for j in GameGuy.accelement(i)
         elem.push(j)
       end
     end
   end
   return elem
 end
 def multi_equip_elem
   elem = gg_elem_armor_attack_lat
   for i in self.armor_ids
     if i != 0
       for j in GameGuy.accelement(i)
         elem.push(j)
       end
     end
   end
   return elem
 end
end

Instructions

In the script.

Compatibility

Not tested with SDK.
Compatibility made with Guillaume777's multi equip script.

Credits and Thanks

• game_guy ~ For making it
  • jragyn00 ~ For requesting it

Author's Notes

Enjoy!

Spaceman McConaughey

WhiteRose

Another fantastic script masterpiece by G_G. Great work, like always. *Levels up!*

Landith

Very nice. Good job.

[offtopic]

And gratz to WhiteRose for reaching post 69.

WhiteRose

Why thank you. It is indeed a momentous occasion.

Jragyn

8)
Your scripting technique works, and works well.
You are welcome to add the compatibility of BlizzABS to this as well (if it matters) as it works there too!

I thank you again for making this script!
I will make certain to harass you specifically for scripting methods again in the future   :)

--JeR
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Blizzard

I see no reason why it shouldn't be working with Blizz-ABS already.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Jragyn

No no no, I mean...
add the wordage that states its compatible with Blizz-ABS in the original post, so people know! :D

My mistake for the miscommunication.

I know it werks with BlizzABS, it was the first thing I verified upon posting.  :ninja:
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Jragyn

Okay, so I suppose I didn't think to bother trying this, but I noticed a err, bug perhaps?

Upon equipping the armor, it does indeed grant the element, and it works just fine.
However, if you pull the armor off that granted the elemental effect, the effect persists.

Its like equipping the Fire Ring once was all it took! Now my attacks are forever fire-typed even IF I unequip the ring! nuuuuuuuuuuu.

I imagine the fix will be like, a single line, adding an else statement or something to nil the element that was .pushed...but I dunno.

boss?

G_G

I just tested it with and without the multi equipment script. The fire element does not stay. Are you sure you don't have the ring equipped twice? Or perhaps a weapon or another armor with the fire element on it?

Kett Shee

neat script G_G. *puts in my closet of favorite scripts*
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

G_G

Kett Shee

Your Welcome! *levels up* This already fills my head with random names for elements.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Jragyn

oh, actually I DO use G777, in conjunction with BlizzABS, so perhaps it is what is making the difference... On that note, I am quite certain that I have only one equipment piece that grants such an effect. X_X Oh its a sad day.

--JeR

G_G

Make an event and use this script call.
p $game_actors[id].element_set

Call that script when the fire ring is equipped.
Then remove the ring and call the script again.

Jragyn

Upon following your instructions, this is what printed before the ring was equipped:

[]

Then while the ring was equipped:

[1]

And after the ring was removed:

[1]

Judging by this, I'd say that removing the ring doesn't remove the element.
Whats next?

G_G

Its probably another script conflicting with it. I just tested it again on multi equip. The only option I can think of is try placing this script below the Multi Equip script.

Jragyn

I tested it tooooo.
I opened a brand new project, no scripts save the G777 and your element script, and it commits the same grave sin. What are you doing that I am not?

Here are my steps, correct me if I made a mistake:

-->new game! walk on event that calls the script as you requested involving .element_set

-->equip a piece of armor that grants an elemental attribute. Step again on the event involving the .element_set to verify that actor[ID1] does infact have the fire element in his attack set. He does.

-->take the armor off and step once more on the event that calls .element_set of actor[ID1] to see
what he has, and sure enough the .element_set includes the [1]-element still.

Am I missing something?
Would you like a brief demo showing these steps?

G_G

The only problem I see is that you're not using the latest mutli equip script. The one I'm using and testing with is 6.2.2. Here's a demo. Talk to the guy it'll show that you do have elements in your attack. Remove the shield talk to him again and it'll show you that its empty.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cmngwm

If you're not using 6.2.2 use the script from the demo.

Jragyn

but I am using the latest script. 6.2.2, spot on.

here, take a look at this:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5vhsl6
Its my demo. You begin with a fireshield in your inventory. Step on the flower to view elements.
I even made a feign battle so you could make sure maybe by some offchange the element.set wasn't updating or something.

I can't possibley view anything that is wrong.
Maybe I just missed something.

btw, I dunno if err its you or sendspace, but its claiming I can't download it from some error.

--JeR

PS_Thanks for your continued support, I do appreciate you barreling through my dilemma after dilemma.

G_G

Try this link.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ngzlty4ztee

And I dont understand why yours isnt working but mine is.

Jragyn

v.v I modified a single term in your script and just replaced the G777 with DerWulfman's variation of the multi-slot equip, and it works just dandy.

No worries, Game_Guy, I found a way to make it work. :]

--JeR

G_G

K cool. Thats probably why it wasn't working you used a modified version. Well glad its working now.

Jragyn

Well, the curious part was that I -wasn't- using a modified version. I was using a non-editted version of Guillaume777 Multi-slot script.

The fix was done by these steps:
1.) downloaded the DerWolfman's make of G777 (meaning: same purpose as G777, but Derwolfman wrote his own script that does the same).

2.) changed the line 'if defined? (G7_MS_MOD) to (MSlots) (the module that is used for DerWolfman's)

3.) viola. finished. gloat in glory with success!

--JeR

Shining Riku

Hey, Jragyn, if it isn't too much, could you tell me where you found Derwolfman's script? I've been having the same elemental issue, and I came here hoping there was a solution for it.

It seems like the fix is easy enough, but I'd really appreciate some help.

and this is an AWESOME script G_G! I love how you keep making stuff that I could only dream about, First strike states and changing elemental attacks? Now I can do this stuff in my games too now!  :D

Thanks guys, big time. If it isn't a bother, if I get any script ideas i'll let you know, G_G? I guess maybe you could work with them, I just don't want to be bothersome is all  :(
-Shining Riku-

Jragyn

well, I think I found it on the rmvxp.whatever site but it looks like it's currently down for...maintanence.

So here, I just copy-pasted them out of my editor into some text files.
Remember, they all need their own page in the Script Editor in the order I listed them. (I hope lol)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zscrcp

And of course, I didn't write these by any means, so all credit goes to mister DW.

--JeR

PS_Forgive me if they are altered slightly. I may have modified them a bit in order to functionalize them for my purposes. If they are retarded for you, lemme know and I'll see if I cannot fix them.

Shining Riku

Naw, they should be fine!  :haha:

Thanks so much! And yup, I'll give DerVVulfman credit for his work of course.

Again thank you for your time. Good work on finding fixes for the scripts!

Shining Riku

April 16, 2010, 04:28:14 pm #27 Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:31:15 pm by Shining Riku
Hey Game_Guy, I tested the issue with the script, and what it does is it overwrites the weapon's elemental properties. It doesn't reset that weapon's elements after the ring is reset, and it continues adding Fire, fire, fire until you've got fire to the power of infinity.

It works fine when weapons are unequipped, but once you equip a weapon with the element changing armor, that weapon is permanently labeled a fire weapon (or whatever element you use.)

I can show you all of what i've done if you like, but all I did in your demo was set another armor piece besides the shield to the fire element, and then equipped it. Every time I talked to the guy with the script code for showing what elements the first actor had for his attack, it kept adding those elements, and the window I was reading read, "[1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4]" or something like that. It kept adding the elements on somehow.

And unfortunately I couldn't get that script you sent me to work, Jragyn, but that's allright.

I'm just trying to help debug stuff here. I would really like to see this work, it is a freaking awesome idea!
I hope i'm helping at least a little bit...
-Shining Riku-

G_G

The thing is that its not my script doing it. My code works perfectly and always resets the elements for it calls a method from the default scripts.

So it has to be a different script you're using.