Read this before asking how to script RGSS!

Started by Zeriab, January 08, 2008, 06:31:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nortos

Stickied? Was in last forum and I think everyone finds it useful

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

Dubs tuts r pretty good but they dnt explain everything, I love the tut Zeriab wrote with expressions

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Zeriab

Quote from: Fantasist on January 10, 2008, 12:22:41 am
Zeriab's a good teacher.

Thanks  :-[

I see that this has been stickied ^_^
That's great. :D
I am also happy that you like my regular expressions tutorial. It might give me motivation to write another tutorial.

*hugs*

Nortos

Zeriab

Nortos

awesome I hadn't really checked out rms tuts, *dumb* :P I'll have a look today/tommorow

Calintz

February 08, 2009, 04:48:32 am #9 Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:12:19 am by Calintz16438
Here it is!!

My guide to learning RGSS.
Well boys, Calintz is gonna try something new. Just as soon as I release my DEMO, I will be looking through all of these pages and trying my own hand at RGSS...

Regular expressions in RGSS (Regexp)- Zeriab is broken

Zeriab

I have updated the topic with Khatharr's RGSS Script Tutorials.
Also sorry about first now discovering that the link to my tutorial was broken. *blames Blizzard* >_>

b33hcreative

November 04, 2011, 01:07:25 pm #11 Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:05:26 pm by b33hcreative
All the links under the "RPG's RGSS tutorials" section are broken.

Also, for those of us, who obsessively question why something is the way it is and aren't happpy until we understand stuff, I found this "RGSS Reference Manual" at http://k-du.de/rgss/.  I found this a bit more enlightening that some of the "RGSS basics" or "Intro to RGSS Scripting" tutorials that are on the web.  It breaks down the syntax and library entries, and actually explains what they mean and why they are used.

Perhaps this can be added to the sticky information.

AngryPacman

You could use that website, or you could use the RMXP/VX help file that says pretty much the exact same things.
G_G's a silly boy.