[XP] MAWS - Modified Advanced Weather Script

Started by Agckuu Coceg, February 26, 2010, 02:01:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Agckuu Coceg

February 26, 2010, 02:01:12 am Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:17:29 am by Agckuu Coceg
MAWS - Modified Advanced Weather Script
Authors: Ccoa, ForeverZer0, Agckuu Coceg
Version: 1.2
Type: Advanced weather script system
Key Term: Environment Add-on

Introduction

Well, I'm with you again and glad to present you a new version of MAWS, based on the established project ForeverZer0 AW, based on the old version of MAWS.

Features:

What's special about it?
  This system is a new addon MAWS, based on the script AWS of Ccoa and editions of Advanced weather from ForeverZer0. This script includes new, modern effects (over 250!), which can be used in any project-based RPG Maker XP.

Version history:

• New green leaves effects - Blowing and swirling
  • Yellow leaves effects - Falling, blowing and swirling
  • Rain effects - Oil rain, Golden rain, Flame meteors
  • Color Starburst effects - Starburst, uprising starburst, starburst rain.
  • Naturally, 20 effects made by Ccoa remains in place. Therefore, when replacing the classic AWS script for a new, nothing will change.

• Added 22 new effects:
  • Leaves effects: Red Maple leaves (3 effects - Falling, Blowing, Swirling)
  • Weather Collections: Oil storm,
    Golden rain with t \ l, Golden storm,
    Acid rain, Acid rain with t \ l, Acid storm,
    Sepia rain, Sepia rain with t \ l, Sepia storm,
    Blood rain with t \ l, Blood Storm, Blood Blizzard,
    Realistic Storm (t \ l, shake).
  • Special effects: Water bombs, Icy bombs, Flare bombs.
  • Starburst effects: New Starburst collection (3 effects (colored, uprising, rain) - replaced old Starburst effects), Monochrome starburst collection (3 effects - colored, uprising, rain).
    * Optimization of code for the old and new effects.

• Full refresh of base script (thanks ForeverZer0):
  • Adding weather types  (277 types of this moment! :D )

Screenshots
Later... Later.

Demo

Depositfiles
Mediafire

Script:

Depositfiles
Mediafire

Instructions

How to use:
Differences between the script and this script Ccoa and ForeverZer0 not in principle. Just create a call script with the following text:
Spoiler: ShowHide
$game_screen.weather (type, power, hue)

or (if effect has a variance):
$game_screen.weather (type, power, hue, variance)

User-defined weather user images imported to the pictures folder. The controls are:

$WEATHER_UPDATE = false - change this one any time you're about to use user-defined weather

$WEATHER_IMAGES = [name, name, ...] - a list of the names of the images, separated by commas.

$WEATHER_X = 0 - the number of pixels the image should move horizontally (positive = right, negative = left)

$WEATHER_Y = 0 - the number of pizels the image should move vertically (positive = down, negative = up)

$WEATHER_FADE = 0 - how much the image should fade each update (0 = no fade, 255 = fade instantly)

$WEATHER_ANIMATED = true (or false) - whether or not each sprite in the weather should cycle between all the available images.

Compatibility

In principle, this script is compatible with almost all kinds of scripts and SDK. But if this script will interfere with some kind of scripts, please PM or write to me. I will try to solve the problem.

Credits and Thanks

Thanks to Ccoa, the great scripter, who made base for this script, and ForeverZer0, who made great additions in this script.
Credit to me, ForeverZer0 and Ccoa, if you use this script.

Author's Notes

Also interested in your ideas for adding new effects to the script. Please write in this topic about your your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks to all, freelancering shounen from many RPG Maker forums, Agckuu Coceg. Works at the name of shounen... yeah.
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Blizzard

I remember that ccoa took her scripts down from various sites due to problems with her employer and author's rights. Are you sure that you are allowed to post her script or a modified version of her script?

Also, if you apply the script submission topic template, your topic can be moved into the database.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Champion Blizzard on February 26, 2010, 02:43:27 am
I remember that ccoa took her scripts down from various sites due to problems with her employer and author's rights. Are you sure that you are allowed to post her script or a modified version of her script?

Also, if you apply the script submission topic template, your topic can be moved into the database.

Yes, Ccoa removed she's scripts from some forums (in particular with the RPG Revolution) due to problems with copyright. I know it. But with some forums Ccoa still actively working and collaborating. I do not break the copyrights of Ccoa (I really respect her) and is ready to declare with certainty that she will not be against the deployment of my modifications.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I edited your post and placed the script in there. I myself don't like deposit file. I've used it before. Another reason I placed the script is in case the link goes down. Its always good to place the script.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Hellfire's G_G on February 26, 2010, 08:59:45 am
I edited your post and placed the script in there. I myself don't like deposit file. I've used it before. Another reason I placed the script is in case the link goes down. Its always good to place the script.

Unfortunately, because of its location and low-speed internet, I had to fill a demo on Depositfiles. If possible, someone perezaleyte this script on mediafire and give me a link as a mirror.

legacyblade

Agckuu Coceg

legacyblade

No prob. I like your new weather effects, so take that as my thank you. (besides, it took less time to upload it than to write this post)

Agckuu Coceg

Terrriiiyyaaaa!!! I got a new script for you! New couple of effects... Check it out!

legacyblade

Agckuu Coceg

March 12, 2010, 12:17:14 am #11 Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 12:30:03 am by Agckuu Coceg
Quote from: Professor Legacyblade on March 11, 2010, 12:52:57 pm
Loving the new effects. Here's some mirrors.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmiknjnntug

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yugxox

http://www.box.net/shared/tds0z2j130

And here's a direct link hosted on my own server

http://legacyblade.com/downloads/scripts/MAWS/MAWS-v1.1.exe

Thanks for the new effects :D Keep 'em coming.

Again, thank you. I will continue to work, now on two makers.

Could do the same thing for my demo on the VX?

legacyblade

Jek

March 21, 2010, 02:01:31 am #13 Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:30:13 am by Jek
I love these effects! They are amazing! Ill make some screenshots for you.

[spoiler][img]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4129/image3cf.png[/img][hr]
[img]http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8505/image2ds.png[/img][hr]
[img]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/295/image1pg.png[/img][hr]
[img]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9473/image4lt.png[/img][/spoiler]

Agckuu Coceg

March 25, 2010, 10:41:42 pm #14 Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:44:25 pm by Agckuu Coceg
That's what I was lacking.   :^_^': Thanks, I'll add them in the first post.

Agckuu Coceg

And here I am again in front of you ... Explore - a new version of MAWS, based on additions ForeverZer0!

NOW an even new effects, they are very, VERY MUCH!!!! Use and write to me!  :^_^':

WhiteRose

The script is fantastic! Great work! But....

Why is it in .docx format? Wouldn't simple .txt or even just putting it in code tags be easier?

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: WhiteRose on April 08, 2010, 08:21:41 pm

Why is it in .docx format? Wouldn't simple .txt or even just putting it in code tags be easier?

Well, I could have done this in *txt... Just did a *docx.

And in the code, I could not place because the script is huge, and does not fit in the message.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Agckuu Coceg on April 08, 2010, 11:59:06 pm
Quote from: WhiteRose on April 08, 2010, 08:21:41 pm

Well, I could have done this in *txt... Just did a *docx.

And in the code, I could not place because the script is huge, and does not fit in the message.

1. I don't have anything to open docx.
2. You could use a spoiler and a script tag.

Anyways, this looks like a great script, but I can't try it out since it's in the docx format. >.>

Blizzard

There's a compatibility pack for download so you can open docx in older versions. I personally still use Office 2003.