[RESOLVED] Custom Title screen with a few extra options.

Started by nerissya, February 25, 2008, 12:10:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nerissya

Hello glorious Chaos Project forums. As you all might now, im problaby the worst person ever on this kind of things. I need help with creating a custom title screen. 

The image i made and thinking of using as background is:

And in addition to the normal menu i want Controls and credits.

IF you could teach me how to make one. (It has to be EXTREMELY simple) Or, maybe you could create one for me and tell me how to edit it to place credits and controls in it.

Or Maybe you have a link to an extremely easy to use custom title screen?

Thanks you!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Nortos

would be easy to do the title edit but the harder thing to do would be the controls and credits, credits aren't too hard most people can do them but did you want the player to be able to assign commands in controls?

nerissya

Oh, i guess i wasn't to clear, no, i simply wanna show a picture that show the controls, so people know them when they start playing. Just a picture where it says.

WALK = Arrows buttons
JUMP = Z
USE = Enter, Space

Etc, etc.

So nothing really advanced there.

And the credits would be about the same, just showing some names and what they have done etc.

Example:

Thanks to Nortos for making this title screen.
Thanks to Blizzard for (insert random resource here)

Etc.

Can you make me one? Btw im going to bed now so i cant really answer anymore. Ill give more info tomorrow. Good night.

~Nerissya <3

Nortos

K i made it was simple i sent it in the pm just insert the script above main and below default xp scripts check the script for further instructions and if have any problems please tell me or if want anything changed, enjoy :)

nerissya

Thanks, you are so sweet. =)   But it didn't work i sent you a PM. =)

EDIT: Got it to work. Nvm. =)

Nortos

nerissya

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

ty :P anyway tonight when get on Nerissya wanted me to make a back option after you select new game, this was an easy request all of it don't really need energy :P (but I accept it :))

nerissya

I knew it probably would be easy, but you know me, i cant do anything. THanks for your help. =)

Fantasist

@Nortos: It's not about how easy the request is, I got amused and satisfied about the fact that you've progressed to a level of giving support <3
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

lol yeah I just looked back and realised I've been doing quite a few requests, I'm proud of myself oh and btw Nerissa couldn't do it last night had training but a free night tonight and weekend so I'll have it to you soon

nerissya

Take your time. =)  Its no problem. And yes, you have done some request. (Yay =) )

darklight

I'd love to have that script too when you're done, Nortos. Right now I just have a credits.txt file in my game folder directory, since it doesn't look too pretty as a series of event messages.  :P

Thanks in advance!

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

Nortos

k i'll if ok with Narissya btw it reads the credits as an image so just might want to copy the text and put it on pain or photoshop

EDIT: Sent you the new version Narissya  enjoy :)

nerissya

I have a problem nortos, your Title screen messes up BLIZZ ABS... :'(  It displays the Controls tab in the game menu.. Thats supposed to be for blizz ABS but now it shows my controls pictures instead..

You understood that?

Nortos

yeah I did just a small thing because CONTROLS are named the same
I'll just send you a different version with tiny edit and btw do you mind if I let Darklight have this script or not? He requested it

nerissya

Quote from: Nortos on February 29, 2008, 08:32:51 pm
yeah I did just a small thing because CONTROLS are named the same
I'll just send you a different version with tiny edit and btw do you mind if I let Darklight have this script or not? He requested it

Sure thing Nortos. =)