Fairly Entertaining

Started by SwiftDeathSK, February 28, 2010, 03:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwiftDeathSK

I'm currently looking for a few different types of people for my current project, Fairly Entertaining (WIP title). I'll explain a little about the game, some of its features, and then I'll get to what I need help with. Please do NOT volunteer to help if you do not have the intentions of finishing what you start, this is very irritating, so please make sure you are up to the tasks (they aren't too extensive, really).

About the Game
Spoiler: ShowHide

Fairly Entertaining is a small project that was inspired by the television show South Park. However, this does not imply that it is a fangame or a spoof of South Park, but rather an idea that sprung from watching the show. The game has a strong comedy theme, loosely based on such humor found in South Park (without being as vulgar).
   The game revolves around 4 young boys, in a fantasy-themed medieval land. The 'ultimate goal' of this game is to get to the city of Chesterfield, where the boys plan on going to a fair. Such a simple and dull 'goal' shouldn't be judged before playing, as the game itself revolves around the journey to this fair. This journey is filled with crazy situations, hilarious characters, and is built upon solving puzzles through multiple short plot arcs. A couple examples would be an outcast vampire that turns into a squirrel, and a crazy cult that worships a pigeon.
   As I just mentioned, the game is built upon solving puzzles, and pretty much all of these puzzles are solved using one of 4 special Talents, one for each of the playable characters. Each talent has multiple abilities, which are used throughout the game, both to solve said puzzles and to progress the story.

A few Features

• Extremely Simple HUD, showing current selected character and available talent hotkeys.

• Custom tilesets and title screen. RTP for characters, though.

• Absolutely no battling. The entire game is focused on puzzles and storyline, there is no fighting in the game. (This doesn't make it any less interesting though!)

• Once you get to the fair, several minigames are available.

• No real end of game; Once you are at the fair, you can play minigames as much as you would like without the game ever truly ending.

• No Game Overs; if you fail at something in the storyline, it merely picks up from a designated spot so you can try again.

• No items. They are not needed, so they have been omitted. Money, however, is a key part of the storyline.

What I need Help With

• (1) Conversation / Character Interaction Writer: While I have most of the storyline outlined and ready to go, I must admit that I am terrible at writing comedy, especially in game conversation. Since this game deals with a lot of character interaction in the form of conversation, I will need help. If you are good at writing comedy, I really need your help!

• (1) Artist: There's really not a whole lot I need in terms of this, most likely only the following:
       -Title Screen
       -Window Skin
       -HUD (not much to the HUD, so this isn't very tough)
       -Maybe some banners for advertising the game in the future.

For now, that's it. I'll update this with more if I need more help.

My Duties
As you may have already guessed, I'll be doing pretty much everything else. Mapping, Eventing, scripts (although most are pre-made, I still will need to modify them to suit the game's needs). I will also be working closely with the artist and writer to get everything smoothed out.
   I've already started working on the maps, although I do not have anything major to display yet, and I've been working with a fellow forum member on the story outline.

Contact
You can contact me on MSN, my preferred method of communication. My msn is quantum.mind.games@gmail.com

If you don't have MSN, I would ask kindly that you get it, and if you absolutely cannot, then let me know and we will use the pm system of the forums.