Local Bands

Started by Subsonic_Noise, March 07, 2010, 09:14:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Subsonic_Noise

Well, it's quite easy to discover new bands that already have a label and are more or less well known or present on the internet, but what if there is a small underground band in a city on the other side of the world that has exactly the kind of sound you like? You'll probably never come to know that band, unless it becomes famous, which does not happen quite often,

This is why I made this thread. Recommend other people local underground bands you like or even the ones you don't like and tell them abit about those bands. Let's make people hear some independent music and at the same time make our local bands perhaps a bit more famous. Let's make the world a better place. PEACE AND FREEDOM.
Also, post if you like a band. :D

I'm gonna start, then.

Miumi - Cinematic. Ambient. Epic. Sadly, they only have one really short demo song up now, but I promise you, it's worth waiting for.
Radare - Mostly instrumental, partially acoustic, always cinematic. This is music to chill out to, or to calm you down when you're angry. It*s really melancholic most of the time.
Actress - As a contrast to the other ones, this is pure hyperactive, eardrum destroying noise metal. It's awesome anyways, and I have to laugh ar it somehow. "Tourist", again, is totally different from the other songs and sounds more like radare.
SCARSCAB - A local thrash metal / crossover band. Features heavy riffs and epic melodic choruses. The reason why I love them can be found in the chorus of "forsaking freedom". :3
Caltura - Death / Downtempo / metalcore, I'd say. Has one of the best metal vocalist I heard in a while. but that might be because he's one of my best friends, too. lol
Yesterday I had roadkill - Ok, those guys are just fucked up. It's downtempo / Hardcore with heavy electro / synth parts and epic breakdowns. "LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTIN'", Hell yes.

Those aren't all, but now it's your turn.

fugibo

Our only local band is "Mourning Party," formerly "Forever and Never." They're death metal or something, I think. I don't like any of the members or that genre, so I never really listened to it.

...all the good American musicians are in Florida and Washington. ><

(Hexamin)

Yeahh.... local bands here... a couple guys in my unit play the guitar sometimes?
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

Subsonic_Noise

I know that.. these bands aren't actually from my town, but from a town where I spend lots of time. There only are crappy cover bands here...
The worst thing is that most local bands play the same boring stuff all over again.. I'm lucky to have that many good bands in that town, actually that's only because we've got a well-known location for gigs there, lol.

fugibo

actually my "friend" that's actually just a loser who I happen to appreciate some of the outward qualities of used to have a band that made a song named "Kickin' Wings." But they broke up pretty quickly.

Subsonic_Noise

Yet another thing about local bands... Cries of Corruption broke up, Actress broke up, Down to None broke up... a shame, actually.