Treasre Hunting! (by Hex)

Started by (Hexamin), March 04, 2010, 05:23:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(Hexamin)

March 04, 2010, 05:23:21 pm Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:36:25 pm by (Hexamin)
Alright, I'm sure this has been done before, but I didn't check, and I wanted to do something productive, so I came up with a simple treasure hunter event system that allows you to set up hidden items around the map and allows your player to be alerted when he is in front of one.

Here's screen shots of it in play!  (If your imagination doesn't allow you to just quickly visualize what I'm talking about)
The Player sees something!: ShowHide

Oh my goodness!  Look what we found!: ShowHide

Okay, so first set up an event with 2 pages.  First page checks to see if the tile in front of the player has treasure and it looks like...
this!: ShowHide

The second page prevents the animation you choose to show as your hint that there is treasure in front of you from playing over and over again and it looks like...
that!: ShowHide

All you have to do with your "treasure" is set up an event that has it's graphic as whichever piece of terrain you chose to be your "treasure tile" (in this scenario I'm using a terrain tag of 2) and add whatever funky stuff you want to, to the event page, letting the player feel satisfied that his brilliance found a secret in the game!

Setting the Treasure event's graphic: ShowHide

Anyway, pretty simple, but something people may or may not use.  I'll probably throw it into my game somehow, and activate it once a player gets a certain "treasure hunting" item or something *Bleepidy Bleepish* of the sort.  Enjoy.
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

Aqua

Tsk tsk tsk...
Your use of a word near the end makes me go >8I

Anyway...
That sure is a different way of going about it than what I thought.

(Hexamin)

Yeah I didn't take a look at any other scripts or event systems doing the same (or similar... probably better) thing.  Just doin' some mind yoga.

And whatttt word are you talking about???   :ninja:  Bleepidy bleepish?
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

WhiteRose

Nice, Hex, but wouldn't it be more simple to do something like this:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Of course, my way the player would have to hold the search button and walk over the area again.
Just my two cents. Your way works fantastic already! Great work!