Show Animation on Event via Script Call (Resolved)

Started by G_G, March 07, 2010, 11:00:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

March 07, 2010, 11:00:17 am Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:42:47 am by Hellfire's G_G
Is it possible to show an animation on an event by using a script call? I doubt this belongs in the Event System board but it has to do with my event system I'm working on.

The command itself won't do for the fact you have to specify the event id. I need a different way of doing this.

EDIT: Found it myself. :P if anyone wants to know use this
$game_map.events[event id].animation_id = animation_id

(Hexamin)

Oooo, I was actually lookin' for this a while ago, very useful.  Good job figurin it out.  *lvl*
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

Tyril132

I've been fiddling with something similar... I'm trying to change an event's appearance based on either a game variable or the global $game_party.actors[0].id variable.

I already have the current party's actors saved into variables via a common script so that I can pass their names / actor IDs to events easily, the natural extension of this was to be able to make events dynamically appear as characters that are in your party.

I'm not much of a scripter, so I'll use what you found as a springboard and see if I can't come up with it on my own... it's got to be doable.
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack
Personality Index:: ShowHide

Feildmaster

Quote from: Tyril132 on March 24, 2010, 12:35:35 am
I've been fiddling with something similar... I'm trying to change an event's appearance based on either a game variable or the global $game_party.actors[0].id variable.

I already have the current party's actors saved into variables via a common script so that I can pass their names / actor IDs to events easily, the natural extension of this was to be able to make events dynamically appear as characters that are in your party.

I'm not much of a scripter, so I'll use what you found as a springboard and see if I can't come up with it on my own... it's got to be doable.
You "should" post this in a new topic
Pokemon Neon Characters: ShowHide

Tyril132

March 24, 2010, 07:14:55 am #4 Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:21:56 am by Tyril132
I had considered it, but after quite a while spent beating my head on the wall, I came up with the answer on my own.

$game_map.events[event_id].character_name = $game_party.actors[id].character_name

worked after declaring the necessary class.

Unfortunately, it turns out that manipulating the events to have different potential animations based on which party member is using that event will probably be way more trouble than its worth. I was wanting to condense the basic syntax down into a common event I could call and then modify for cut-scenes, but it looks like I'd have to code them by hand. On the plus side, I'm suddenly much more familiar with the basic elements of Ruby.

...But thanks anyway.  :^_^':
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack
Personality Index:: ShowHide