iTouch/iPhone Jail-Breaking - Why or Why Not?

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, March 05, 2010, 02:17:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

Hi, all of you on CP. I made this thread to ask all of you a simple question: Why or Why Not Jail-Break your iTouch or iPhone?

I mean, there are so much benefits from jail-breaking, that's why I did it.

I mean, seriously... Minish Cap on my iTouch? Can I hear a FTW? Oh, another thing, locking of ALL of my apps in SpringBaord. Hehe, I can even leave a incredibly rude message when someone tries to launch an app, it's just amazing. :xD:

Themes, VPN, all the works.

So, you heard it from me, CP... what's your opinion?"

fugibo

I didn't really have anything to do with my iPhone when I jailbroke it, and I kinda wanted to upgrade the software, so I just upgraded it and didn't re-jailbreak it. It wasn't a big deal.

(I could never get Xcode to compile an app for ARM, so I couldn't use it for development, either)

WhiteRose

Mine's jailbroken, but more for the custom themes than anything else. I hate how every single iPod looks exactly the same!

Starrodkirby86

Jailbreak it to get osu!-iPhone. :P And other stuff, of course.

I don't have any of them, but I don't see any big harm in jailbreaking them, especially that you can make it back to the way it was before in the event you need to update your device. o.o

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

I have only tethered jailbreak on my iPod Touch, but I have no problems. Additional to everything I have with one that isn't jailbroken, I can use custom graphics and themes, I can run apps that wouldn't run otherwise (i.e. a SNES emulator), etc. I personally prefer a jailbroken device, because it gives you more possibilities, but it's up to you.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey