[Resolved]RMX-OS.rb run error

Started by Kett Shee, March 09, 2010, 12:37:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kett Shee

March 09, 2010, 12:37:46 am Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:47:26 pm by Cait Sith
Hi, I configured ruby, MySQL, the server and all that good stuff, then I try to run RMX-OS.rb and as soon as it opens up, it quickly closes. I have no idea what's going on. Could someone help?

My configuration:
Spoiler: ShowHide
NAME = 'RMX-OS Server'
HOST = '192.168.1.100'
PORT = 54269
RMXOS_VERSION = 1.09

LOG_MESSAGES = false
LOG_ERRORS = true
LOG_ACTIONS = true

MAXIMUM_CONNECTIONS = 50
LOGIN_TIMEOUT = 30
AUTO_RESTART = true
RESTART_TIME = 5
OPTIMIZE_DATABASE_ON_STARTUP = true
DATABASE_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 60

SQL_HOSTNAME = '127.0.0.1'
SQL_USERNAME = '*****'
SQL_PASSWORD = '*****'
SQL_DATABASE = 'rmxosdb'

INBOX_SIZE = 10

EXTENSIONS = [
''
]

EDIT: i managed to isolate the error and this is what the server file says.

You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Ryex

go to the start panel if your using vista or 7 just type cmd in the search field and hit enter if its xp clich run type cmd and hit enter from there type in the full path to the rmx-os.rb file (you can past it in by right clicking on the header and selecting paste). hit enter and the rmx-os file should run. and it encounters an error the cmd won't exit and you will be able to read the error. good luck.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Kett Shee

Quote from: Professor Ryexander Elm on March 09, 2010, 12:46:00 am
go to the start panel if your using vista or 7 just type cmd in the search field and hit enter if its xp clich run type cmd and hit enter from there type in the full path to the rmx-os.rb file (you can past it in by right clicking on the header and selecting paste). hit enter and the rmx-os file should run. and it encounters an error the cmd won't exit and you will be able to read the error. good luck.

i managed to isolate the error.(sorry if i'm doubleposting, i'm just desperate.)

Blizzard

EXTENSIONS = [
''
]

Notice something? I'll give you a hint: "Couldn't find extension with empty filename."
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kett Shee

Quote from: Champion Blizzard on March 09, 2010, 02:54:55 am
EXTENSIONS = [
''
]

Notice something? I'll give you a hint: "Couldn't find extension with empty filename."

Thanks. issue fixed(it seems that the RMX-OS GUI program adds the '' even if there isn't anything there.)

Ryex

............ oops
strange it didn't used to matter
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

LOL! Could be because of the last change I made in 1.09.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.