~Darkness Becomes~ STORY

Started by (Hexamin), March 09, 2010, 05:43:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Subsonic_Noise

March 12, 2010, 05:52:32 pm #160 Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 05:55:53 pm by Shiny Magikarp
Vael leveled up!
-Strength: 1
-Endurance: 1
-Dexterity: 1
-Intelligence: 2
-Willpower: 7 (+3)
-Luck: 1
Abilities: Vael is now able to use some of his special abilities to his own will, as well as surpressing his outburst to a certain degree.

Though Vael learned about his power and how to control it, he still was afraid. He didn't know if Zenith just didn't notice or if he didn't care, but everytime he managed to glow, he felt anger coming  from deep inside of him, and anger he couldn't explain.
Sitting outside, looking up to the sky, Vael wondered if this had to do with the disappearing of the stars. After all, they were linked to his element and his loss of  control started again two days ago, when it happened.
Being lost in his thoughts, Vael didn't hear the steps behind him, coming closer.
I pass on to Hexamin!

Trainer Zydragon

Kiba

"Another blade you say? Interesting." Kiba thought for a moment about what he knew about the Dark Circle. "I only know that the Dark Circle is a brotherhood of assassins that were made immortal for their crimes. That is why your eyes show like empty blackness, is it not?"

Kiba looked straight into the dark one's eyes, seeing the unblinking malice and hate.

DoctorEW

"Indeed." Bysir thought for a moment. "I am disappointed that our brethren have forgotten us so quickly. You see Kiba, I too was once a Paladin. Silver Serpent House. Many of us were persuaded by the Darkness to leave The Order and serve it's cause. Only now I fear I have lived a farce. Marcus Bysir pointed to the Librarian gave me this book, it is written by his great grandfather." Bysir sets "The Darkness Becomes" on the table. "Xenos Rayth was a good friend of mine, and fellow member of the Dark Circle. Shortly after our exile and damnation by the gods, Xenos and I went our separate ways. In this book 'The Darkness Becomes,' Xenos tells of the Darkness' betrayal of the Dark Circle. Xenos also, however, tells of a way that paladins can use the Darkness' power against it. Redemption, if you will. I will never again consult the Spectrum, but perhaps I may still do some good in this world. As for you Kiba, I fear I must tell you that possessing Azrael gives you only three options. Option one: Embrace the dark nature of the weapon and let it's power guide you. Option two: Discard the weapon and embrace the Spectrum. Or finally, option three: Keep Azrael, fight the Darkness within, and eventually succumb to madness. Fortunately I believe I may be of assistance, maybe even giving you a fourth option."
OPEN THE GATE! I HAVE THE BABY!

Trainer Zydragon

Kiba

Kiba sat, eyeing the book Bysir had placed on the table, and voiced his thoughts. "Azrael is a handy weapon, and I feel I can use it to my advantage since it channels my own air-based energy. I would hate to let it go, but at the same time I cannot give in to the darkness I have vowed to fight. Tell me of this final option." Kiba glanced at Bysir, waiting for the final option.

DoctorEW

Bysir eyed Kiba, wondering if the paladin was strong enough to do what was going to be necessary. "I have not read this entire book, only a few pages. In this book however, I believe lies the key to your sword. Azrael is of the same Darkness that this book claims to be able to control. In the first page, it clearly states that in order to control the Darkness you need not be of it. That means that you can learn this Kiba. It may require a sacrifice of yourself, but I'm sure the Spectrum will be more lenient on you than they were on me. I'm not sure how long you have before Azrael begins to affect your mind, but I need to understand this before I can help you. I have a proposal. Prince Wensil has murdered my grandson. I understand that Prince Capsol plans on attempting to take the throne from his brother. Give me a few days, to tend some business and learn more from this book. Once I have an understanding great enough to help you, I will meet you at Castle Terna, or wherever you may choose. For this I ask only one thing. When the day comes that the forces of Prince Capsol are upon Unificus, grant me entry to the city and aid me in anyway possible in my quest for Prince Wensil's blood. Is this a reasonable bargain paladin?

Trainer Zydragon

Kiba

Kiba was thoroughly shocked by Bysir's proposal. "I ask for control over my own darkness, and you ask for a life in return? You do not possibly think that I could make my mind up right this instant?" Kiba stood and half turned away from Bysir.

After all this, Kiba would have to sacrifice the Prince's brother. All this trouble for a sword he had only owned for two days. To Kiba this seemed like a cruel plot of Destiny, a plan of Fate born from the boredom of the Gods.

"Find me in two days, when you fully understand the book. If we have left Darson by then, which I doubt, I will leave word with our good friend Marcus here." With those words, Kiba turned and exited the building, gathering his thoughts and leading his troops back to the eastern gate. The sun was a few hours from setting, and Kiba had a few things to do.

Back at the gate Kiba searched for the woman he had met earlier, and found her only by following the phoenix she had not yet unsummoned. "Can spirit companions carry objects, say a letter, and if so can you teach me how to summon a winged messenger?"

DoctorEW

Bysir was taken aback by Kiba's response. Has Azrael already corrupted Kiba's mind? No matter, Bysir had already made up his mind to help the paladin, regardless of Kiba's intent on helping Bysir into Prince Wensil's chamber. After all, "The Darkness Becomes" would help Bysir master his control of his own inner darkness which would no doubt provide a way for Bysir to exact his revenge on his own. I must consult the Dark Counsel. But before this, I should seek the Elkfolk The Shifting Blade would prove valuable in the coming battles, Bysir made up his mind to acquire the ingredients for the weapon before seeking the Dark Counsel. From what Bysir gathered, the Elkfolk were rumored to reside in "The Spire" near Darson. Bysir spent most of the afternoon studying "The Darkness Becomes" in a dark corner of the Darson Library. Because of this, Bysir's control over his own dark powers increased and he began to understand a technique to command ripples of the Darkness. Bysir entered a deep state of meditation, his inner darkness crept to the forest's edge which was not far from the Library. In the blink of an eye, Bysir was in the woods. He stood and turned to face Darson,  there he saw the Army of Prince Capsol, and his new "friend" if he may very well be. Good luck Kiba, hold to the principles of the Order and confide in the Spectrum. I will not let my fate be yours. At that Bysir turned and began his search for the Elkfolk.

Aqua

So this is the evil presence that I've been feeling, Seles thought.
As the shadow charged towards Seles, she manipulated the water from the ocean with her hands and formed two small streams.
She prepared to use them for any offensive or defensive tactic needed to stop the mysterious being.

As the shadow was only a few feet away, Seles lashed out one of the streams at the entity.

Diokatsu

Level up!
Strength: 1
Endurance: 2
Dexterity: 5 (+)
Intelligence: 3 (+1)
Willpower: 1
Luck: 1 (+)
Ability increase: Pyrrhus finds himself holding a greater control over the winds, though he still lacks the ability to do such manipulation with easy.

Pyrrhus had watched as the young Kiba went to acquire the item. It wasn't a task he loathed, but he expected more action. More or less though, the time spent here could only aid him later. He watched as Kiba went to find a woman and thens trolled off for himself, hoping to find someone of note.

C.C. rOyAl

Aseras stared at the blade his old friend prepared for him. It was going to be fun using his new 'toy' he thought. He thanked Blade, gave him a small yet generous donation, sheathed the sword, and left.

Aseras had been hiking through the mountains for sometime when he sees...
Spoiler: ShowHide

(Hexamin)

@Seles
The stream nearly hit the shadow and the entity dissipated into the air, the stream splashing on the ground previously occupied by the evil.  The darkness still seemed to have a limited ability to manifest itself in this world without possession of a physical body.

*Seles gained experience*

It was still early in the day, the port was destroyed along with all the ships.  On the other side of the continent, Port Brenan suffered the same loss.  Hundreds of people were now jobless.  For some reason it seemed as if the Darkness wasn't wanting anyone to leave the continent.

Meanwhile... one ship continued to sail south, in the seas east of Port Brenan.

Seles had to act.  The mysterious Darkness had come to her town and ruined her family's way of life.  The songstress was becoming more confident in her powers, however, if she traveled inland, water would be scarcer, which might prove to be an obstacle, although easily overcome if the mind was willing to adapt to the circumstances.

@Vael
"Vael!"

Quickly, Vael turned around to see Zenith behind him.  "Yes?"  Vael responded, still unsure of Zenith's true intentions.

Zenith seemed slightly upset.  "I've been searching the minds of this world.  It seems that Port Brenan has suffered a catastrophe.  Some evil came to the town and destroyed the ships there, along with the docks.  This wouldn't be upsetting, and could possibly be dismissed as some beast from the mountains, but I searched more minds and found another incident occured, not even an hour later.  In the port town of Fendmoore, another evil, or perhaps the same one, destroyed that towns ships and docks.  I fear Shishra might be targeted soon.  If we don't act fast, this city's lifeline might be destroyed."

Zenith passed back and forth.  "Vael... recently the world was tainted with an ancient evil.  I can feel it.  This is why I've begun my build up of Freeseekers... to combat the ancient evil.  Unfortunately the dimwitted Princes don't sense the disturbance like I do, they're too busy fighting like children.  The world will HAVE to unite together, however, if we plan on defeating this darkness that has descended upon us."  Searching for words, Zenith momentarily paused.  He had withheld information from the young firemaster, and was debating whether or not to finally disclose it with Vael.

"My powers of mind-bending have their perks... I can search people's minds, and essentially their souls.  Vael, the Color that resides in you is Red.  If you were familiar with the history of our planet, you would know that the stars in our night sky were created by the Reds... and if you noticed, no stars have shone in 4 nights.  The evil that has come to this world robbed the stars of their color... of your color.  If you are ever going to fully control this power of yours, and unlock your past... you have to let me help you, so that this darkness can be defeated."

"I hesitate to ask what I am about to..."  Zenith pondered how he could spin this to make it easy for Vael.  "I think the evil is about to strike Shishra's port soon.  It appears to only be able to manifest itself for a limited amount of time, and I think if you and I work together, we might be able to repel it long enough to prevent it from destroying this town's livelihood.  You are too weak to combat something of this magnitude... and I'm afraid my powers revolve around humans and manipulation of their minds.  I will not force this on you, although I could... instead I ask your permission... Come with me tomorrow morning, when the evil is likely to strike, and let me control your powers for you.  I'm afraid we have few, if any other options to combat this evil currently..."  Zenith's words trailed off.  He waited patiently for Vael's response.  This was a lot of information to process and Vael might have questions needing to be answered.

@Kiba and Pyrrhus
Pyrrhus was about to run off again, like he had a tendency to do.  Always looking for action, the lieutenant was eager to see some real action.  As Pyrrhus was walking off he was stopped by a woman accompanied by a Phoenix spirit companion.  As she began to speak, the Phoenix vanished, as she could clearly tell Pyrrhus was unsure of it.  "You are Lieutenant Pyrrhus, are you not?"

The lieutenant nodded his head.

"I am Mary Stormbrew.  I was assigned to this mission for what we're about to do.  Your paladins are out retrieving a book on the legendary Phoenixes.  What's important is not the information on the phoenixes in the book.  I happen to be an expert on the creatures.  I am here to help you and Kiba track down a Phoenix and collect its ashes.  The ashes will be used to create a potion, the exact ingredients and methods of creating the potion are located in the book the paladins are picking up now.  This potion will grant Prince Capsol's army with immortality potions, and will allow the army to successfully attack Unificus.  Now however, I need you to begin planning how you and the young paladin will dispose of the phoenix, once I track it and trap it.  The bird is not to be trifled with.  It's capable of emitting huge amounts of heat, capable of burning or even killing.  The hard part is immobilizing it so it won't run away at the sight of us."  Mary was cut short when Kiba saw her and Pyrrhus.

The eager paladin approached her, she formally introduced herself and told him of the plan.  He seemed less interested about the plan to kill a phoenix and collect its dust as he immediately inquired about the physical abilities of spirit companions.

Mary responded to his question, "Spirit companions are capable of interaction with the physical realm, although the summoner must remain in a constant state of concentration, as the spirit companion moves further and further away.  I would be able to show you how to summon a pigeon, I think you could handle it.  If you maintained your concentration, you would be able to successfully fly the pigeon with letter attached to wherever you needed it to go."

"Before that, however, tonight we head out into Spire, the three of us only.  A phoenix could never be found if an entire army stormed the forest.  These woods are dangerous, though, so prepare yourself as needed."

*Kiba learned how to summon a pigeon.*

"I'd suggest if you are going to send a letter off today, you send it quick.  It will take some time for the spirit companion to fly to its destination."  With that Mary walked off to make her preparations for the adventure.

Pyrrhus and Kiba were left alone, with the book, The Birth of a Phoenix.

@Bysir
After an hour of walking deeper into the forest Bysir was confronted by some noise in the distance.  Sounds of laughter could be heard and in taking a moment to reexamine his surroundings, he noticed a fragrant smell.  He slowly crept forward as to not alarm anyone or anything of his presence.  The dark paladin came to a small cliff and went slowly to its edge, looking down at the source of the noise.  Elkfolk! Bysir had found some.  They were a good sized creature.  It's body was that of a large, healthy steed, with the torso of a man.  It's head was human-like, except for the overwhelmingly blue eyes, and the antlers coming from their forehead.  The elkfolk had created a fire and were brewing some sort of soup.  It smelled sweet like the berries and plants it must have been created from.  Bysir knew of the elkfolk and was aware that once an elkfolk saw you, it would immediately come to you and shower you with hospitality.  Their minds were quick with languages and would nearly instantaneously speak in their high pitched voices in response to whatever you spoke.  Although initially they remained silent, waiting to hear what you had to say.  The creatures had an aura of benevolence and happiness.  To Bysir it was sickening... especially because it actually made him feel better just being on a cliff nearby them.  Bysir let out a reflexive, blehhh in response to the feeling.  The elkfolk stood upright, and turned their heads towards Bysir.  Immediately they ran around the cliff, up a hill, and were in front of Bysir staring and gawking, waiting for Bysir to speak.  There were three elkfolk total.  6 curious deep blue eyes staring curiously and happily at the stranger.  Bysir smiled.  What the hell?!  He thought as he noticed his smile.  Why the HELL am I smiling?  Gah... these creatures are awful...ly delightful.  Bysir didn't know what to do.  He'd initially come here to kill the creatures, but now was admittedly wondering how he could kill while he was in such a good mood.  Bysir spoke......

@Aseras and Chris
Aseras woke up from his dream that he was hiking in the mountains and instantaneously remembered where he was.  Unificus... to kill Scott Hemming, the master-thief.  Grasping Stinger by its hilt, the assassin made his way into the city in search of Scott.  Traversing across the rooftops he finally spotted the old man.  He was accompanied by a young girl.  Shouldn't be a problem.  All I have to do is stab him, the poison will do the killing.  Aseras was ready to carry out his task... this was his opportunity.
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

DoctorEW

"Wha....wha...what are your  names?" Bysir felt a sudden rage creeping up from somewhere deep inside him. The Elkfolk continued to stare curiously at Bysir. "My name is....." Confusion clouded Bysir's mind, something was very funny about all this.... Bysir suddenly burst into hysterical laughter, happiness hurt! "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" The Elkfolk joined in Bysir's laughter for a few moments, until Bysir's laughter became obnoxious. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" The Elkfolk stared in what could be described as fear at Bysir. Bysir continued laughing and lunged at the nearest Elkfolk "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" Bysir knocked the Elkfolk off it's feet and landed on top of it, he began striking the beast with his fist, first only to it's head, then across it's entire human like torso. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Bysir began to tear peices of flesh from the beast, devouring it all while laughing. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!" The other two Elkfolk looked on with horror as Bysir beat their friend to death, ripping flesh from him and eating it! Bysir's laughter slowly trickled to a burdened sob "HAHAHA....HA...HA...HAHA..." Bysir stood, covered in the Elkfolk's blood and tissue.......

(Hexamin)

@Bysir
The two remaining elkfolk finally realized what this stranger had done.  They let out high pitched cries, while Bysir turned around, with his bloodlusted eyes.  Elkfolk are so genuinely pleasant that, unless killing one from afar, insanity must be your friend before you could kill such a kind beast.  Bysir was at least insane, whether it was from the darkness inside him, or the years of solitude spent in the mountains.  The elkfolk took the blatant hint that this stranger was no friend, spit on the maniac, then ran away.

Elkfolk's defensive nature is that of their benevolent ambiance, which triggers endorphins and pleasant thoughts in the minds and bodies of nearby creatures.  Thus, they naturally have nothing that hunt them in the wild.  They lacked instincts to deal with this stranger who just pummeled their fellow elkfolk to death with his bare hands.

Although the elkfolk have no effective means of attacking, they do have a corrosive spit that breaks down the normally indigestible plants and bark they usually throw into their soups.   Both the elkfolk spit on Bysir and took off running into the trees while Bysir experienced a new sort of pain.  The spit burned the surface of Bysir's skin, and although it was hardly fatal in anyway, it was perhaps one of the most excruciating pains the aged assassin had experienced in his long life.  He dropped to his knees, writhing in pain, while he couldn't help but feel relief.  The elkfolk were far enough away that their charm had worn off.  Bysir was back to his normal, heartless self.

C.C. rOyAl

Aseras lept from the rooftop, keeping his eye on the old man. It was an easy task with his new companion at his side, and he was ready to test it out.

He landed in the alley, keeping a mental picture of the last time he saw Scott. He started rushing through the crowded street, calculating where he last saw his target, and measuring the distance he would of traveled, constantly updating it as to catch up with the old man. Sudden Aseras came into a clearing, it was the marketplace, he will have to stealthily stab Scott as to not alarm any of the witnesses. He searched through the crowd, trying to make out Scott and the girl he was with. He saw them talking with some merchant of some sort of supplies. He closed in on the old man, taking silent foot steps. As he unsheathed Stinger, he flipped open the poison container, making sure there was enough to kill Scott with just a quick pierce to his side. He came with in 10 feet of the aged-thief, and decided it was time to pounce. He lept towards Scott with great force, while at the same time swiftly preparing his weapon for impact...
Spoiler: ShowHide

Subsonic_Noise

Vael didn't know what to answer. This was different from any missions he did as a headhunter, he didn't even know his enemy nor could he do his usual recherches... and even if he could, this enemy wasn't human. What chance would he have against a power that can make the stars dissappear? What did Zenith expect from him?He coudn't even use his full power...
But still, the red light in his dream, his recent losses of control... everything hinted at that he was somehow linked to the reds.
"I am going... but I want to do it on my own."

Trainer Zydragon

Kiba

Kiba had learned how to summon a pidgeon after the conversation with Pyhrrus and Mary. It seemed blue spirit companions were mostly there for show...

As explained by Mary, Kiba had little time to send his letter to Terna, and scribbled down the contents on a small piece of paper. It was to reach the Order Council's oldest member, and simply said 'The best way to kill a prince?' He would know what it implied.

Kiba then spent hours with his back, and Azrael, to the wall of the city in silent concentration until his messenger had reached its target. The oldest would have his ways to send a long distance message back.

Now Kiba had to prepare for finding the Phoenix, and acquired some supplies from the quartermaster, before heading to meet Mary at the edge of the Spire.

DoctorEW

Bysir sat and relished the pain for some time, it had been awhile since he felt alive. He gathered his intellect and removed a poison vial from a pouch. Leaning over the Elkfolk, Bysir proceeded to fill the empty poison vial with Elkfolk blood. Bysir then began stripping the edible meat from the beast, wrapping it and storing it in his pack. Bysir walked down to the campsite and drank the Elkfolk's soup, then began a cursory search of the campsite to see if there had been anything of use. not so much value, Bysir cared nothing for money because he had always had a means to what he needed. While Bysir rummaged through the Elkfolk campsite, he planned his next move. Wind Harpies were very common in the area of the mountains he had lived in for the past centuries. Bysir noted that there was a den of Harpies not more than a half days walk from the spire, and decided to head there once the camp had been searched properly...   

(Hexamin)

March 13, 2010, 02:33:35 pm #177 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:35:23 pm by (Hexamin)
@Aseras and Chris
Scott felt the assassin's presence before Chris could.  Thinking quick, Scott distracted Chris with a new conversation.

"Chris."  The girl looked at Scott.  "In life there are many mysteries."  Chris wasn't entirely interested, still distracted with the old man's impending death.  "Let me elaborate.  There is this creature in the mountains called a Wind Harpy.  It's a beautiful creature, charming in its aesthetics.  However, in all that beauty lies a lethality.  Harpies travel together, usually sending one harpy in front of the others to bait any ignorant predator.  The predator sees the beautiful harpy and doesn't realize its lethality.  Then... just before the predator strikes, the harpy playing the bait flies skyward, while the other harpies rip apart the predator with their sharp claws."  Chris was slightly more interested.  "The harpy effectively distracted its prey long enough to carry out what needed to be done."  Chris's eyes widened as a blade entered the old man's side.  Scott fell to a knee and smiled at Chris as the assassin began to make his escape.  "Life is unpredictable, Chris.  Don't take it too seriously..."  The old man's words trailed off into the wind... they were his last.

*Aseras gained experience*

@Vael
Zenith was disgusted at Vael's ignorance.  "You don't understand!"  Zenith regained his composure.  "Fine..."  He looked at Vael and couldn't understand this man.  He claimed to be a headhunter, but wouldn't kill in the arena.  He claimed to fear his powers, but yet, felt confident enough to take on the Darkness by himself.  Zenith was always sure of the outcome of his endeavors, and here was a young man so contradictory in his actions, that Zenith could not figure out what he would do.  "I am going too.  If something goes wrong, you will need my help."

@Kiba
The quatermaster greeted Kiba openly.  "Welcome to Prince Capsol's finest supply tent!"  The man brought Kiba inside and inquired as to what the paladin required.

@Bysir
The soup revitalized Bysir, unfortunately it nearly filled him with the same glee he experienced before.  The revitalization almost wasn't worth the painful happiness.

*Bysir acquired elkfolk meat*
*Bysir acquired elkfolk blood*
*Bysir gained experience*

Bysir arrived to the mountains as the sun was setting.  The harpy den wasn't far off.  A den full of the harpies would surely rip Bysir apart.  Luckily, as Bysir began stalking through the trees of the mountain, he saw in the distance a harpy slowly moving along.

Diokatsu

Pyrrhus was bored yet again, but he figured that since no one seemed to be watching him anymore, he might as well earn some extra cash.

Quietly he slunk down the silver-lined streets, the richer part of town that is, and found a house with a gorgeous balcony overlooking the road. Silently, furtively, he sneaked around the house, until he saw one open window and heard someone's voice coming from it. He liked this approach best: if you heard someone talk or move, it was best to enter from that position so that you had the opportunity to "disarm" them as soon as possible.

So he entered the window and saw a woman about to finish doing her hair against a mirror in the next room. Quietly, he sneaked along the edge of the room until he could hear her talking to herself. Strange as this was, Pyrrhus had learned that people did strange things on there own. He knocked off a vase from it's stand across the room with his knife and waited as she entered the room to observe the mess.

He quickly knocked her face inwards and laid her down on her bed. He then searched throw the room, found her small safe, shattered the lock -- as he was accustomed to doing -- and took what was inside, a not unsubstantial amount of money.

He then left through the window he came out, jumping from rooftop to rooftop until he found the spot Kiba entered and jumped down to go inside.

Trainer Zydragon

Kiba

Kiba greeted the quartermaster with a friendly nod. "I require equipment for a mission set by the Prince. We are to hunt in the forest, and need supplies for the situation."

Kiba hesitated briefly. "I assume it's provided without payment?"