~Darkness Becomes~ STORY

Started by (Hexamin), March 09, 2010, 05:43:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Zydragon

Kiba

"So, they wish me to become a troop after all." Brendt said nothing, but Kiba could clearly see that the Order had no willing support in these actions. In fact, he wondered if the Order was even willingly supporting the Prince.

Brendt had been a close friend and comfort in the small stony halls of the Order House, but he had been forced to deliver this... questionable news. Kiba did not dislike war, but he found it sloppy, uncontrolled. He much preferred one-on-one combat. Especially with Brendt. Much more controllable.

Of course politics didn't always sit well with him either.

"When are we ordered to leave?"

"6 in the morning" replied Brendt.

Without starting another round of conversation Kiba headed to his drawers, where the last of the candles were cowering in the dawn light. He fished his leather moneybag out of the top draw and made his way to the exit of the Order House.

"They have offered to supply all weapons and consumables needed" remarked Brendt.

Kiba opened the door slightly and paused. "And you think I'm about to trust their rusty old swords?" He closed the door behind him and shielded his eyes from the dawn sun and set off through town, beginning a mental shopping list as he walked.

(Hexamin)

Castle Terna had always been a great place of business, comparable to Unificus.  In fact, some even preferred the castle's goods to those of other towns.  The castle was located east of the Forlorne Forest, and just north of the Vireal Mountain range.  Just south of that was Port Brenan, and a trade route connected the two cities.  Needless to say, adventurers from all 3 locations often came to the castle to sell amazing artifacts, weapons, and armor.  Although they charged a hefty price for these relics, merchants gladly bought them, knowing that local soldiers and paladins would pay a great deal for unique items such as these.

The market square was busy, especially in the morning.  Everyone knew where the big blacksmiths and artificers were, and those merchants sold very fair goods.  However, the Order of Paladin's knew of other shops not available to the public.  There were two Holy Shrines in the city, one where the majority of the citizens went to worship their gods, and one where the Order of Paladins would find solace for prayer.  Everyone assumed this Shrine was just a place of prayer, but for those who bore the Crest of the Order, it offered a service where Paladins could browse their goods and make donations in order to use the rare relics.
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

Trainer Zydragon

March 10, 2010, 07:10:11 am #22 Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:11:21 am by Zydragon
Kiba

As he wandered through the market square, Kiba noted the prices on various weapons and tonics and made a mental note to revisit the herbalist on the edge of the square. He knew his weapons, and instantly dismissed the majority of blacksmiths. A large amount of the weapons they had were overpriced or off balance, a testament to the pride of the creators and the lack of knowledge they held.

Kiba left the bustling square and headed for the Paladin's Shrine further north. The shrine was situated at the furthest point from any entrance to the city, and was originally built as a second stronghold, in conjuction with the castle itself. He paused, sensing a very small disturbance in the air behind him, feeling as though he was being watched by something. He dismissed it as some form of household animal and continued on.

At the shrine the doormen greeted him with courteous nods, and Kiba continued through the prayer area, showing his Crest at one of the rear doors. With continued silence the doorman opened the small wooden door and ushered Kiba past. As he sought out the Paladinian merchant, a large broadsword caught his eye, stored with the holy relics and magical items the shrine protected. It was an odd sword, with only one side sharpened to a blade, and the other thickened to give the effect of a thin triangle-shaped cross-section. The only other thing that made the blade stand out was the gleam of the blue hilt. Kiba wished to ask the merchant the price of this blade... but first he had to find him somewhere in the winding halls.

(Hexamin)

Just before Kiba stepped out of the vault a short figure stepped in front of the door.

"Welcome Paladin, leaving so soon?"  The figure was a man, but only about 5 feet tall, with wiry hair and a crooked smile.  How such a man came to be a Paladinian merchant was unknown.  "I am Carzual, and this is my humble vault."

Carzual ushered Kiba back inside and picked up the oddly shaped broadsword.  He swung it around effortlessly in an impressive display, especially for someone of such short stature.  "This," Carzual stated, "Is Azrael.  And it is one of the most impressive hilts ever."  Carzual looked up and noticed a puzzled look on the young paladin's face.  "What?  Are you confused as to why I reference the hilt and not the blade?  The blade is nothing special, although heavy and sharp, as well as quite useful, the Azrael's blade has been changed many times.  This hilt is what is impressive here."

Outstretching the sword, Carzual offered the blade to Kiba who took the sword by the blunt in of the blade and was baffled by the weight.  The short man continued, "Heavy, isn't it?  Now, take the sword by the hilt.  A hell-of-a, excuse me, a heck-of-a-lot lighter, wouldn't you say?  The smith that created Azrael was a master Windwalker, and was able to imbue the hilt with a concentrated spell to make anything attached to it, light as a feather.  I've been waiting to find a good wielder for Azrael, what do you say?  Do you have a worthy donation?"

Trainer Zydragon

(God knows how currency works but here we go :P)
(oh and I'm on my blackberry now)

Kira

Impressed by the sheer weightlessness of the blade when he held the hilt, Kiba could only stare in awe and wonderment. He was unsure of the mechanics of such a spell, and pondered about how heavy a blade it would be when slicing through an enemy.

After 5 or so minutes Kiba realised he was simply gawking at the hilt. The merchant had called it Azrael... Was that just a name or did something inhabit the hilt?

"Take what you need" Kiba said, clearly still mesmerised by Azrael. He slowly pulled the leather pouch from his pocket and handed it to the merchant, who, almost greedily, eyed the contents.

(Hexamin)

Carzual took the pouch over to a nearby deposit box, unlocked it, and threw the pouch in.

"Thank you for your kind donation, Sir Paladin.  Now if you please, take Azrael and leave this place, unless you have more golden hidden somewhere else?  That's rhetorical, of course you don't.  Now seriously, I need you to be going."

*Kiba acquired Azrael.  Power surged through the hilt into Kiba's hand and up his arm, sending a shiver down his spine.*

Carzual pushed Kiba back out into the sanctuary and locked him out of the vault.

"Good day to you sir."  And with that, the short man disappeared outside, leaving many questions unanswered.

King Munkey

The next morning Revan gathered his things and prepared for his  longtrip to Castle Terna. He left the inn and seen what was left of the brawl from the night before. He looked around and noticed that the sky was darker than what it should have been. He then noticed the woman in the emerald robe, the night before he had a dream about seeing this exact woman. 'Who is this woman' Revan thought to himself. He then slowly approached her.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Trainer Zydragon

Kiba

Kiba stood in the prayer room of the shrine, slightly dazed and confused by the merchant's attitude after he had bought Azrael, and headed home, gripping the long hilt in his right hand. He needed some kind of scabbard or strap to hold it in, and toyed with the idea of a strapped hold on his back as he made his way back to the Order halls.

The market was no less crowded than it was in the morning, and by now it was past midday. Kiba was suddenly concerned by the lack of gold he now owned, having only a few more coins hidden around his room, and realised miserably that he would have to put up with the foul tasting herbs that the army used rather than the fine medicines in the market. He headed to the halls anyway and, after some food, spent several hours attempting to concentrate again on the breeze outside his open window.

His concentration was not wholly on the wind however, and his thought drifted towards the magical object on the bed behind him.

(Hexamin)

@Revan

The woman draped in emerald passed the young hunter by, but noticed that she had caught his eye.  She stopped and knew of his approach, perhaps even before he knew that he would approach her.  Just before he was behind her, the woman turned around, her eyes appeared to be on fire.  She outstretched her arm and the fire from her eyes seemed to consume Revan, as he was knocked back towards a stack of crates.  *Interaction with Revan continues*

@Kiba

*Kiba gained experience*

Azrael's blue tint played tricks on Kiba's eyes.  It looked as if it were glowing, though it most certainly was not.  There was a history to this sword, more than the merchant had let on.

King Munkey

Revan picked himself up and got to a readied stance drawing his sword. He began to pull the ground onto his body as it attached to his skin as if it were a magnet.

"What is your problem!?" He shouted at the woman.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

(Hexamin)

Before he could finish his sentence the area was consumed in darkness for an instant.  When the light came back the emerald-robed lady was gone.  In fact, after the flash, the entire town seemed a bit brighter.

*Revan gained experience*

The citizens and travelers in the streets seemed unaffected by what just happen, save for an angry man who came out of his home to the scene of Revan with a drawn sword and a pile of shattered crates.  His crates.

The man barked at Raven, "What are you doing!?  You crazy outsiders think you can come in here and trash the place like you own it!  I've got news for you, buddy... you'd better pay for this!"  Revan looked at the man and noticed the man's plump nature.  He didn't even have shoes on, all the commotion must have woke him.  This man was in no position to fight, or chase, but he was set on getting a settlement for this damage.

"Well?"  The man waited for Revan's response.

King Munkey

Revan sighed and sheathed his sword. "How much do you deem fit for the damage, sir?"

He lost himself in thought 'Who was this woman? And why did she attack me? And even how the hell did she disappear like that?' Revan shook his head and before the man could speak he pulled a small bag of money and threw it at him. "Hope that covers it. I'm in a hurry." He then walked away from the man and headed east out of the city.

As he was walking out of the city he said under his breath. "Son of a bitch! That was the last bit I had"

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

(Hexamin)

A young boy approached Revan and tugged his shirt.  Turning around, Revan saw the boy looked strangely familiar... almost like a shorter version of... Aha!  The young boy was indeed the grumpy man's child, there was no mistaking it.  "Uhm... mister?"  The young boy held out his hands and offered a small pouch with a note attached to it.  As soon as Revan took the pouch, the boy took off running.  The note attached read as follows:

"I'm delightfully surprised that you didn't threaten to kill me or just take off running as most crooks in this town do.  Thank you for manning up to the damages you caused.  As a token of my appreciation, you may have these.  It's Elkfolk jerky.  Not only does it satiate your hunger, it's also been known to increase your metabolism in such a way that makes you faster for a short duration.  Very useful if you ever do have to run away.  Thank you again for not."

*Revan aquired Elkfolk Jerky (x3)*
*Elkfolk Jerky added to DATABASE: Items*
*Elkfolk added to DATABASE: Enemies*

King Munkey

Revan looked rather pleased as he put the pouch away. 'These can come in use later I am sure'. Revan ventured farther out now heading northeast through the mountainous path. Revan wondered how long exactly his trip was going to take. He wasn't in a hurry, no he was just dreading the long travel and what might await him on the way. He kept his sword readied at his side as he ventured onward.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

(Hexamin)

Revan was forced to make a decision.  He knew that the road would take him to Port Brenan, and from there he could continue on the road to Castle Terna.  He also knew that there were valleys between the mountains that could take him straight north to the castle.  Unfortunately, while going through the valleys would be shorter (and more beautiful), it was a well known fact that goblins scoured the mountain sides, save for when other, greater beasts were nearby.  A lone traveler might be considered daring, but very foolish to take a path through the valleys.

Subsonic_Noise

Vael looked at the weapons. Actually, he didn't know how to use any of them - he always tried to avoid open combat, concidering his strengh was far below average his fire was useless when he couldn't concentrate.
He grabbed one of the swords, but quickly put it back as he noticed how heavy it was. Never could he learn how to handle it in the short time until his battle.
But then Vael noticed something among the swords. He took a closer look at it and noticed 6 short, fine daggers, which where perfectly identical. Although he never fought with daggers before, he somehow seemed to remember them.... but where had he seen them before?
Just as Vael picked them up to take a closer look, One of the guards shouted:
"Hey, you over there! You better hurry, your fight is about to begin!"
Still irritated by the familarity of the daggers, Vael decided to take them with him. After all, he didn't know how to fight with any weapons, so it wouldn't make a difference.

King Munkey

Revan foolishly decided to brave the mountainous path. He knew it was not the brightest idea he has ever made but he knew that the thrill would be exhilarating. He stretched and double checked all of his equipment before he ventured towards the valleys.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

(Hexamin)

March 10, 2010, 09:59:24 am #37 Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:36:10 am by (Hexamin)
@Vael

The stadium roared with shouts, screams, laughter, and applause as Vael entered the Arena.  He walked towards the center as giant gates shut behind him.  Before him was a large man, big as a bear.  The man laughed openly when he saw his opponent carrying 6 little daggers.  Honestly, what would a dagger do against such a beast of a man?  The bear picked up a hammer lying on the ground next to him and swung it around to his shoulder, letting out a loud ggrrrraaaaaaaagh as he flung it through the air.

"Ladies and gentlemen!"  A loud voice was somehow projected across the stadium, one guess through some sort of wind manipulation.  "Today we present you with Herk the Bear and Vael the firemaster!  Who will join Zenith and his might Freeseekers?  Will it be the beast, Herk and his brute strength?  Or will this firemaster have a trick or two up his sleeves?"

The crowd roared and Herk taunted Vael with growls and swinging his hammer through the air.  This fight seemed impossible.

"Fighters!  Are... you... ready!?"  This wasn't a question, but instead an opening to this.  "BEGIN!"  And with that, Herk the Bear came charging at Vael.

@Revan
It was midday and Revan had some daylight to make his way towards the ominous mountains.  It would take the rest of the day just to get to the base of the mountains, but if he maneuvered correctly tomorrow, he could possibly make it all the way past the mountains and not have to camp overnight with goblins dangerously nearby.

King Munkey

Revan continued on towards the valley contemplating whether the thrill would be well worth the trouble he could potentially face. He hurried towards the mountains looking up at their tall stature as the sun slowly fell over them. He got a odd feeling in his gut as he began to look out for any odd sightings.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

(Hexamin)

As Revan continued his trek off the beaten road, 2 figures could be seen in the horizon, they were too far off for the eyes to make out just who or what they were, but there was a eerie feeling about them.  The way they were moving wasn't normal.