~Darkness Becomes~ STORY

Started by (Hexamin), March 09, 2010, 05:43:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

(Hexamin)

March 11, 2010, 09:06:43 am #80 Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:38:51 am by (Hexamin)
@Revan
"Right!  Revan!  Good name!"  Robert Pollen began pacing back and forth.  Well let me be up front!  I'm a rogue-for-hire and I could just sense the adventure you reek of.  What do you say about me tagging alone with you and your journies?"  The energetic man stood still as a big grin came over his face, a strangely genuine and happy smile.

@Bysir
Theed approached the inn, was let in by Roman and greeted by his wife.  He kept the introductions short;however, if there was indeed a member of the Dark Circle present, he must act fast.

"Where is the dark stranger staying?"  Theed inquired and was shown to a door on the second floor of the inn.  Theed turned the handle on the door, and began opening it.  His reaction to the man in front of him was slower than he'd hoped.  The Watchman reached for his sword as quickly as he could.  Damn, it's been a long time, Theed thought to himself in the midst of the excitement.  This is definitely a Dark Paladin, he must of been in a meditative state for me not to notice him sooner.  I forgot how difficult it was to detect a being void of a heart.  With that, Theed began to unsheath his sword.
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

King Munkey

Revan thought to himself for a moment. He could really use an extra person to tag along with him. "Sure why not Mr. Pollen the more the merrier. I'm currently heading to Castle Terna."

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

(Hexamin)

*Robert Pollen joined Revan's party!*
*Now that you have a party member, you can utilize their abilities as you see fit.  If you have any questions about their background or their abilities, feel free to ask them!*

"Good man!  Well, don't mind me, I'll just quietly trail behind you.  If you want to know anything about me, though, don't hesitate to ask!"  Robert was bouncing with excitement at his new "friend."

King Munkey

"Well then let us get on our way." Revan and Robert started their journey towards Castle Terna. Revan had thought to himself for quite a while about how nice it would be to actually have someone to talk to on his journey now. The traveling merchants he road with to the Crossroads were not very talkative unless he was going to pay them money for something.

After traveling for a short period of time Revan became curious of Robert. "Well since we are going to be traveling together we may as well get to know each other right? So Robert tell me a little about yourself please. Like what kind of abilities do you have and where do you come from?"

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

(Hexamin)

Robert Pollen had remained silent like he promised.  When Revan finally inquired about him, however, a grin instantly covered his face.  It was almost sickening how cheery this fellow was.  He spoke up.  "Well, Revan, I'm glad you asked!  While I'm not much for the assassination business many rogues find comforting, or the thievery others enjoy, I do quite enjoy hiding in the shadows and getting into places I'm not supposed to be.  I grew up in Shishra, and it had so many places I wasn't supposed to be.  Because of that, I was able to hone my stealthy ways and now I offer my services to the likes of you and other adventurers!  Why don't I request a payment?  Well that's a silly thing to wonder, you see, I'm paid in delightful experiences, friendly new faces, and new places to explore!"

King Munkey

Revan liked this man very cheerful and outgoing yet doing what he is asked. Revan smiled at the man. "Nice to know Robert." Revan and Robert exchanged many conversations along their travel towards Castle Terna. As they grew closer and closer to Castle Terna Revan got an odd feeling in his stomach, passing it off he continued along their journey watching out for anything suspicious.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

(Hexamin)

"Revan, let's stop."  A seriousness befell Robert Pollen that was uncanny for the rogue.  He nodded off in the distance just around the bend of the road.  There was an odd stack of rocks that most people wouldn't have noticed.  This rogue had a good eye it seemed.  "I bet you those rocks didn't stack themselves.  What do you want to do?"

King Munkey

March 11, 2010, 09:48:23 am #87 Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:51:59 am by Rocket Leader Munkey
Revan thought to himself a moment before he looked at Robert. Revan then knelt down onto one knee and began to focus his energy into the earth. A green aura covering Revan he focused his power to travel the memory of the earth and see why the rocks were stacked unnaturally.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

DoctorEW

Bysir lunged at Theed, extending the short sword in his right hand to meet with Theed's carotid artery. "too slow" Bysir thought as he watched Theed draw his sword at an alarming rate.....
OPEN THE GATE! I HAVE THE BABY!

(Hexamin)

@Revan
Revan's insight allowed him to sense the area around the rocks.  There was nothing special about the rocks, but nearby across the road a wire was cleverly camouflaged.  There was clearly a trap.  Revan attempted to maintain his concentration a bit longer, but could not long enough to see just what the trap consisted of (due to low Willpower).  A decision had to be made, how would the hunter and rogue react to the situation?

@Bysir
Theed suprisingly reacted fast enough to the strike, although he unsuccessfully was able to recover from the initial attack.  Fast, Theed thought, a split second earlier I might've been done for.  Unfortunately I'm in no position to counterattack.  The Watchman noticed a second sword in the Dark Paladin's other hand.  This might hurt a bit, Theed braced himself and strategically decided how to shift his weight to soften the blow.

King Munkey

Revan pulled his bow out. "I've never been that great of a marksman. But maybe I can set this trap off if I am lucky enough to cut it with an arrow." Revan pulled out an arrow and began to level out the wire with his bow. He tried to feel the breeze acknoledging any wind that may throw his arrow off point. He readied the bow at what he thought was a good enough point and released the arrow.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

DoctorEW

Bysir noted Theed's attempt to absorb the blow and adjusted accordingly. The thigh wasn't Bysir's intended target but it would have to do, after all if Bysir had to flee, what better way to prepare for it? Bysir corrected his aim, shifted his weight and plunged the sword into Theed's right thigh, just above the knee....

(Hexamin)

@Revan
The arrow flew towards the trap.  Revan's strength provided the arrow with enough velocity to hiss through the air quickly forward.  Unfortunately, his low skill with the bow threw the direction off just enough to miss.  The arrow bounced off the ground.  Almost simultaneously, the brush at the side of the road rustled and from the foliage jumped a tall man accompanied by a short woman.

"Well this just won't do," the woman said.

"Not at all," the man stated, "Plan B?"

"Plan B!" the woman threw her hands in the air and an invisible gust cradled her's and her partner's bodies.  The began charging at Revan and Robert with intense velocity.

@Bysir
Theed was not suprised by the pain, and as the blade penetrated his thigh, he whispered something silently in a strange language.  His left hand began glowing red and he pressed it to the blade in his thigh, super-heating the blade enough to to weaken the metal and allow Theed to break the blade in two as he pulled it from his leg.  Tossing the broken half of the sword aside, Theed quickly proceeded to put his hand over the gash, effectively searing the wound to prevent any further bleeding.  His muscle was torn, but Theed had encountered much worse injuries during previous fights.  In a flash, he lifted his hand towards the Dark Paladin and released a wave of heat, effectively knocking Bysir back, luckily against the wall and not out the window.  Theed had his sword ready now, and was effectively attentive to every action the Dark Paladin was making.  Lucky... he thought, then said, "Corrupt Paladin, member of the Dark Circle, Bysir... I am Theed, Watchman of the King.  Throw down your weapon."  Theed's eyes calculated Bysir's every move.  The years had been kind to the old man and he was sharp as ever.

King Munkey

Revan quickly drew his sword and readied his sword to swing as they quickly approached him.

Robert drew his own weapon preparing to fight as well a small smile forming on his face. "I knew there would be some excitement with you."

Revan ignored his comment and as the two drew closer he began to strike.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

DoctorEW

Bysir shot to his feet, this will end badly if he doesn't think quickly. Luckily for Bysir, this wasn't the first fight he couldn't win, and had prepared for events such as this. He reached into a pouch and sent a shower of glass and oleoresin capsicum directly into Theed's face. Oleoresin capsicum is a strong pepper that will effectively blind someone if the user's aim is true. While the dust was on it's course, Bysir leapt against the wall and rebounded behind Theed's back headed directly for the door.

(Hexamin)

March 11, 2010, 11:05:10 am #95 Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:14:18 am by (Hexamin)
@Revan
The male and female were dangerously close and saw the blades of Revan and Robert drawn and ready to strike.  The man pronounced loudly, "Great Earth provide for us!"  And with that, the ground beneath the rapidly charging team rose quickly, effectively lobbing them up and over the hunter and the rogue.  They landed effortlessly, probably due to the wind circling them from whatever spell was cast by the woman.  With that, they continued running down the road to Port Brenan, faster than an Elkfolk could run, even.

Robert Pollen looked at Revan.  "I guess we're safe afterall.  Which is really good..." Robert pulled out a slingshot and aimed quickly at the trap, letting loose a rapidly moving rock at the wire.  It set the trap off and a large log swung out from the nearby forest crushing the path where the trap was wired.  "I really only know how to use this slingshot.  Like I told you earlier, I'm not much for killing."  With that he smiled sheepishly and continued walking towards Castle Terna.

*Revan gained experience*

@Bysir
He's quick, Theed thought, unfortunately I can't effectively stop him while disposing over this substance in front of me.  That's all the Watchman had time to think, as he quickly reignited his hand, sending out another heat wave to disintegrate most of the dust flying towards him.  While Theed was saving himself from blindness, however, Bysir effectively escaped past him.  Unfortunately for Bysir, Roman was at the bottom of the stairs, with a gardening tool readied in his hand for "battle".  Theed's eyes still caught some wind of the pepper-attack, and was momentarily stunned.

DoctorEW

Bysir made it out the door and half way down the stairs to be greeted by the Innkeeper holding what might as well be a carrot. So this is how Theed had found me, Bysir thought. With one swift move, Bysir sunk the blade in his right hand to the hilt in Roman's chest. Bysir continued down the stairs and out the front door, headed for the refuge of the mountains. After that encounter, I might have underestimated my skill. I need to brush up a bit before my undertaking, perhaps this arena in Shishra could be useful. Bysir pondered this and decided to head there once he was rid of this, menace......

(Hexamin)

*Bysir gained experience*

Roman's wife heard a blood-curling yell.  She quickly left the closet she'd been hiding in and saw the dark visitor quickly escaping the inn.  Her husband was on the floor, no longer even breathing.  That strike was quick and deadly, Bysir's years as an assassin were shown in it.

Theed recovered and realized the Dark Paladin had escaped completely, there was no use chasing him with an injured thigh.  Dammit, how am I going to explain this to the Prince?  I forgot protocol when it came to these things.  The Watchmen normally had a system set up to alert each other when a threat was present.  Even though the inn was nearly an hour's walk away, there would've been no doubt as to the ability of other Watchmen arriving moments later if Theed had just activated the beacon every Watchman was supposed to do upon an encounter with any threat, let alone against a Dark Paladin.  It had been a long time since Theed had seen any action, and unfortunately it showed in his performance.  He returned to Unificus with thoughts of intense training and recruitment for the Watchmen racing through his head.

Trainer Zydragon

Kiba

Kiba had spent the entire morning praying. He had slipped into his tranced state after a warm bath a few hours previously, and had sat as still as ever until what he guessed was just after 5. The sight of a Paladin praying in a common shrine was a sight to behold, and many common folk stood and stared, some even touching the holy Paladin's off-white and sky-blue lined robes. Kiba didn't really mind this, he liked the fact that people thought of the Paladins as holy.

But now Kiba was out of his trance. He had kept Azrael stored behind the counter to prevent anyone from stealing it and was now patiently waiting for the assistant to fetch it for him. As he waited, he wondered about the apparent soldier sleeping outside, and how this 'war' was going to play out. War. Funny concept for brothers.

After retrieving Azrael, and holding that familiar blue hilt, he left the shrine. Kiba noted that the 'soldier' was still there, and tried to wake him, but to no avail.

He set off towards the Order House to find Brendt before they had to set off to the Castle courtyard for the 'war'.

(Hexamin)

Kiba approached the Order House and upon entering, Brendt was waiting in silent meditation.  23 other paladins had joined him, the silence in the House was amazing for the number of men inside.  These men were elite warriors, highly disciplined in their Paladinian prayers, and capable of amazing feats, especially together.  Some of the paladins also practiced sparring with each other to hone their overall combat skills.  Brendt did this with Kiba often, and that's part of the reason why the two were like brothers.  Now wasn't the time for such games though.

Brendt opened his eyes and broke meditations realizing the only one expected to show was Kiba.  "Good morning.  Rest well?"  The veteran paladin stood and offered grasped his friend's arm in a familiar greeting.