Picture Scrolling System (Event Based) RM2K3 + RMXP

Started by Zeriab, January 08, 2008, 06:36:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeriab

January 08, 2008, 06:36:43 am Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:54:08 pm by Starrodkirby86
Picture Scrolling System (Event Based)
Version: 1.0
Type: Scrolling System

Introduction

This person had made some errors. When I fixed I thought: "Hey, I can make this into a smarter more user friendly system"
By smarter I meant it was easier for the editor to set up. Especially the ability to easily set a rather long wait.
In case you didn't know. You can max set a wait to 999 frames. You can max set a variable to 99 999 999.
By more user friendly I mean giving the user the ability to scroll the text faster and skip it at their command.

Features

• Is able to work on RPG Maker XP or 2000-2003 (Alternative for 2k3)
  • Smooth :)

Screenshots

The instructional screenshots count as screenshots right? :)

Demo

No Demo applicable. Use the instructions instead.

Instructions

FOR RMXP:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Remember to set the condition of page 2 to Local Switch A is ON.
Also the actions shown on page 2 are just there for an example.

If you ever want to come back to the map you used it in, remember to turn a switch ON and make a new page with the condition or something similar.
You can likewise do the actions in the end of page 1 let the switch turn on and leave Page 2 blank.
It's up to you.

If I have done my comments properly I shouldn't need to talk what you should do to set it up.
Also you may post this wherever you want. You have my permission.
You are also free to extend it, make it more simple, in fact to edit it in anyway.
It would be nice if you try to keep the comments or update them so it's easy to set it up.

FOR RPG2K3:

Here's the event:

Set the trigger to Autorun:

The actions shown on the bottom of the event are just there for an example.

Here are the pictures I used in the example:
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7038/Scrolling_intro1.png
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4146/Scrolling_intro2.png
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2898/Scrolling_intro3.png

Credits and Thanks

• Zeriab

Author's Notes

You may post this wherever you want. You have my permission.
You are also free to extend it, make it simpler, in fact to edit it in anyway.
It would be nice if you try to keep the comments or update them so it's easy to set it up.

Comments and critics are appreciated.

Well, that's that.
- Zeriab

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

Nortos

love pic scrolling, this is a lot more adv version and better than the one I use in my game, mine works for with smalls code though because it's exact speed I want it :P. GJ zeriab

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

lol Blizzard

anyway, i have no idea what any of that jargon means but it sounds pretty awesome.

Nortos

any more moving Zeriabs and this would be spam :P, and Ulta it's bassically a picture that is say 2000x640 pixels where as RMXP only supports 480x640 you can scroll down it or sideways...to show the whole thing it's good for scrolling text :P

Galatea

Nortos

You just select the marquee thing from advanced reply and put the stuff you want in it like this

You put [move*]What you want to move goes in here[/move*] without the *'s

Galatea

Blizzard

The "moving avatar" jargon is something we used to do at RMRK back then. It means something like:

"You own, I love you (in a non-gay way if you are the same gender). Your avatar deserves to move."

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Zeriab

I'm glad you like it ^_^

Quote from: Blizzard on January 08, 2008, 07:19:55 am
Huge... letters... fix... #_#

Done. :-[

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2008, 06:57:45 am
The "moving avatar" jargon is something we used to do at RMRK back then. It means something like:

"You own, I love you (in a non-gay way if you are the same gender). Your avatar deserves to move."

In context of this topic it has an additional bonus since this is a picture scrolling topic.

*hugs*   *hugs*   *hugs*   *hugs*   *hugs*   *hugs*   *hugs*   *hugs*   *hugs*   *hugs*

Blizzard

Zeriab

Nortos

Blizzard

Zeriab

January 11, 2008, 10:35:57 am #18 Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:36:56 am by Zeriab

:=

Blizzard