Useful tools & scripts for sites

Started by Hellfire Dragon, March 09, 2010, 05:37:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

Thought I'd start this little topic full of free scripts & tools :) If anyone wants anything added, just post.

PHP Fusion - Nice CMS, I'm using this one for 2 sites right now. Easy customize and there's lots of themes & add-ons for it. The panel system is a nice  feature, allowing you to easily place bits of code across multiple pages, for example and affiliates or advertising box. Comes with basic forums. Forum and support and quick to respond and are very helpful. Very user friendly.

Joomla! - I used this before though it's been a while since I used it, about a year or 2 I think. Judging from what they had when I was using it there's a lot more add-ons and themes available for Fusion. It kind of depends on what you're looking in a CMS.

Forums: ShowHide

Simple Machines Forums (SMF) - Easy to use and customise, popular forum. Chaos-Project is run on SMF. Lots of add-ons and themes available and are easy to install.

phpBB - Never used these forums before, so I have no experience with them at all. If anyone wants to fill in something here, post and I'll replace this.

PHP Scripts: ShowHide

Ajax Chat - Java client side, PHP server side. Simple chat room that includes the usual things like rooms, coloured text etc.

Free Web Shop - Comes in English and Dutch (I think) Basic shop layout. Categories, shipping management, customer management, discount codes, stock managment etc.

Java Scripts: ShowHide

None yet.

Project Management: ShowHide

Gantt Project - Started using this recently. Easy to use, add resources (team members), set tasks (schedule start and finish dates), manage team members ( days off, email, phone etc). Can export/import Microsoft Project files, can export PDF, HTML and other formats. HTML export generates pages such as resources, graphs for task completion etc. Generally this is an easy to use and handy app.

Useful Sites/Misc.: ShowHide

HTML Basix Form Generator - Quickly create HTML forms that send the entered data to the specified email.

I'll be adding more later ;)

Spaceman McConaughey

March 29, 2010, 11:40:58 am #1 Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:48:29 am by Trainer Branden
Hi, I used phpBB before. And I must say, it's not nearly as easy to use as SMF. :xD:

Mods are harder to install, too. Twice as hard on custom themes. :o

Edit:
Here's a good addon for anyone's site:
FlowPlayer: ShowHide
FlowPlayer Is a well designed video player for you to use on your site. I haven't tried it, but it looks really good.