Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Started by Landith, March 09, 2010, 08:50:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Landith

Ok I just bought this for PS3 and I got to say, deeply impressed. I love the feel of the gameplay a lot better than any call of duty game I have played. I mean I really feel like it was PC gaming days and I was still playing Battlefield 2 online. I had a lot of fun the first day of playing it.

If you want to buy this or hate it/love it or already have it give me your thoughts (:

Diokatsu

I saw this and wanted to get it. too bad I don't own any next-gen consoles.

Trainer Zydragon

I got it with my new Slim, and I agree. Quite impressed, much like 2142.
Snipers are a b*tch tho >.<

Landith

Agreed. Snipers has always been a bitch in FPS's though, even back in cod2 and Battlefield 2.
The thing I hate is how underpowered they made the helicopters and RPG's. I mean I can use the missles on the heli, not kill someone. Shoot an RPG dead on at a guy, not kill him. Then get hit with a pistol 2 times and I'm dead. Kinda flawed if you ask me :/
But still, probably the best game I have played in forever.

Needs more modes and maps though. The modes suck atm. The only good one is Squad Deathmatch. If they added Conquest to Arica Harbor then it would be good, but the maps on Conquest suck. Rush is just horrible, it's almost impossible to play a good match unless your with your friends because hardly anyone goes for the objective.

fugibo

I remember back when an "FPS" was just running around killing plain Nazis with a pistol in pseudo-3D.

Diokatsu

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: fugo ad te, pikachu! on March 11, 2010, 07:28:35 pm
I remember back when an "FPS" was just running around killing plain Nazis with a pistol in pseudo-3D.

Thank God it's not anymore. :roll:

Diokatsu

I remember when FPSs were a terribly overhyped genre of gaming that really never innovates itself and spawns multiple games that have so many similar gameplay aspects that basically the only reason to buy them was a compelling storyline, which most lack. Oh wait, that's what they are today. Oops.

Spaceman McConaughey

Well, maybe for you. I, for, one, don't feel that way because I haven't played every FPS that has came out.

So it all comes down to opinion and the experience the gamer has had with the genre, really.

winkio

Dio just likes to troll.  FPS are cool.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Arceus on March 15, 2010, 06:34:56 pm

Yes, they are pretty cool. :)

Diokatsu

Quote from: Arceus on March 15, 2010, 06:34:56 pm

It's a troll, but nothing I said was false. Objectively, FPS games have no, in fact, evolved very much as a genre similar to how rhythm games have very few innovative games, perhaps the most innovative in the past two years being DJ Hero.

Spaceman McConaughey

Which brings me back to my statement, of a thing called opinion.

And hell, I don't even care if a game does have innovation or not. If it's FUN, I like it. End of story. :P

Diokatsu

Landith

As much as I love FPS(pretty much the only genre of gaming I normally play anymore, minus the RPG every now and then), Dio is pretty much right. But to avoid trolling I'm going to steer this conversation to a different view, so bear with me for now.

To say that FPS hasn't evolved to what they are now, is in fact true. Let's go back to Doom for a second, you ran around and killed Demons. Then Manhunt, you ran around and killed humans. Basically the same thing right? Well there is different versions of FPS. I know :O It's shocking. Let's take a look at the often overpassed hunting games. Cabela's Big hunt is a good one. That one is in First Person as well. Then let's take a look at Call of Duty 4. Obviously different right? Well you see, Call of Duty and Cabela's are basically the same thing. :O

I know, I know. You may argue that it isn't. But the thing is, it really is. You see, they both have the same strategy. Let's look at CoD4 online to Cabela's. In Cabela's you want to get the biggest game, in CoD4 you want those headshots. Now that's basically the same. Now what if we took a twist on something. Let's add Manhunt and Doom into this category we have here. So far we have Cabela's, CoD4, Doom and Manhunt. They all have a basic principle right. Well let's compare them to an RPG. Mario Bros. We could also say they have the basic principle except that Mario Bros. isn't First Person. :O

Well all games have this basic principle, get the buyer to buy it. It isn't about whether we like to play the game, it's about how much money they get. Now if we like it, we make reviews about it and recommend it to other people, like I did here. Now about the whole Evolution thing... (A free cookie if you read this and can tell me what i've been talking about and understand it. Cause I sure as hell don't...)

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Trainer Branden on March 15, 2010, 06:32:13 pm
Well, maybe for you. I, for, one, don't feel that way because I haven't played every FPS that has came out.

So it all comes down to opinion and the experience the gamer has had with the genre, really.

Really, what I'm trying to say is that it's not the same for everyone. Like, for the people that played barely any FPS's.

You guys are right, but I would say that opinion is important here, and the experience the gamer had with the genre. Because not everyone is going to feel the same about this subject if they have played few FPS's.

Landith

Branden, chillax. Everything I just said was completely out of context haha I was just saying random stuff.

It's ok that you haven't played every FPS out there, heck I haven't even played manhunt or Doom and I'm talking about them. Hell I haven't even played Cabela's haha.