Of Lesbians and Constitutional Misconceptions

Started by fugibo, March 11, 2010, 10:00:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

My old high school made it into the news.

I'm tired of everyone assuming that sexuality is protected under the constitution. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's not in the main document, and I'm fairly certain it hasn't been amended, either.

winkio

It's left up to the states right now, but it really should be amended in.

Diokatsu

A lot of things not in the constitution are still acts of justice that should be amended.

fugibo

I do support gay rights. I'm just sick of everyone claiming that it's "unconstitutional" to discriminate against homosexuals. it's definitely not right, but it's also definitely not illegal (yet).

Also, we have now made the front page of Yahoo. That ugly girl, Constance? Yeah, she nearly got me expelled when I said "The Well" to her. I was referring to the nearby suburb "Ryan's Well" and she assumed I was calling her a whale, so she ran off to tell the principal.

also all of the teachers are getting tons of hate mail usually taking the form "HOW COULD YOU NOT TEACH YOUR KIDS ANYTHING" and "I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE KIDS WHO HAVE TO LIVE THERE." I think it's hilarious, but everyone else who's ever gone to the school is freaking out (a lot of the current students are concerned for their scholarships/&c.)

Trainer Zydragon

Wowww its quite weird to me that some people are AGAINST homosexuality. I wouldnt say it was WRONG, and I personally dont care what gay people do with their lives. I have gay friends.

Maybe I'm just open minded haha

winkio

Quote from: Zydragon on March 11, 2010, 08:00:07 pm
Wowww its quite weird to me that some people are AGAINST homosexuality. I wouldnt say it was WRONG, and I personally dont care what gay people do with their lives. I have gay friends.

Maybe I'm just open minded haha

Nah, that's the normal way of thinking about it.

Diokatsu

Quote from: fugo ad te, pikachu! on March 11, 2010, 07:32:35 pm
I do support gay rights. I'm just sick of everyone claiming that it's "unconstitutional" to discriminate against homosexuals. it's definitely not right, but it's also definitely not illegal (yet).

Also, we have now made the front page of Yahoo. That ugly girl, Constance? Yeah, she nearly got me expelled when I said "The Well" to her. I was referring to the nearby suburb "Ryan's Well" and she assumed I was calling her a whale, so she ran off to tell the principal.

also all of the teachers are getting tons of hate mail usually taking the form "HOW COULD YOU NOT TEACH YOUR KIDS ANYTHING" and "I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE KIDS WHO HAVE TO LIVE THERE." I think it's hilarious, but everyone else who's ever gone to the school is freaking out (a lot of the current students are concerned for their scholarships/&c.)

I'm not trying to criticize you in case you were wondering. I do agree though, people can't call something something it's not. Just illogical. you could try justifying homosexuality some other way than using laws, which might include, let's just say, morals?

tSwitch

Quote from: fugo ad te, pikachu! on March 11, 2010, 10:00:06 am
I'm tired of everyone assuming that sexuality is protected under the constitution. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's not in the main document, and I'm fairly certain it hasn't been amended, either.

* Ninth Amendment - Protection of rights not specifically enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

's all I'm sayin

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

fugibo

Quote from: Elite Four NAMKCOR on March 11, 2010, 09:28:03 pm

* Ninth Amendment - Protection of rights not specifically enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

's all I'm sayin

this helped african americans very well, yes.

tSwitch

Quote from: fugo ad te, pikachu! on March 12, 2010, 08:23:30 am

's all I'm sayin

this helped african americans very well, yes.

tell me then, when they argued that barring interracial marriage was unconstitutional, why can't that argument also apply to gay marriage?

Marriage is a government sponsored and sanctioned liberty(you are given RIGHTS BY THE GOVERNMENT when you are married legally).  Is it not against the constitution to deny an American citizen access to those rights?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Diokatsu

He's saying it doesn't matter since no one cares/can actually interpret what that means since half our country has it's head up it's ass. About as useful as absolutely nothing.

RoseSkye

's all I'm sayin

This x2