[request] herb character sets

Started by Kathis, February 26, 2008, 02:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathis

February 26, 2008, 02:05:42 pm Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 02:07:41 pm by Kathis
I am wondering if someone would be willing to help me find, make, some character sets of herbs, the reason I am asking this is because tile sets aren't that fun to work with and I really don't want to have to modify all my tilesets just to get some herbs in there, if someone is willing to tribute their time in finding me a set or making me one that would be great, if you find them from the net can you please tell me whom you got it from so I can give credit? Much oblige

-Kathis

P.S

I can use as many as you can get, so if you see someone post one and you had one don't be discourage to post it, I can use as many herbs as you can provide.
Kathis attention span for game making is based on a meter depending on his mood changes how far he'll go with the project,
Right now 25%,
Currently working on Random game version 3 on rpg maker xp. current status...2% compleat,

Blizzard

I'd rather suggest that you look for icons and put them all in one or more charactersets. I seriously doubt that somebody has herb charactersets.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

I can look for some when i come home if you want.. =)

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Kathis

@ Blizzard: Tried that O.o looks really out of place... (but I can use a veration of icons for the inventory ^_^;;)

@ nerissya: ^_^ that would be great
Kathis attention span for game making is based on a meter depending on his mood changes how far he'll go with the project,
Right now 25%,
Currently working on Random game version 3 on rpg maker xp. current status...2% compleat,

nerissya

I didn't find any.. =( 

And i also tried to make some but i failed.. im sorry. =(

Kathis

it is fine there is no hurry of any kind, if you want to contiune you may if you feel that it's horrible due to the fact it's paint or looks "flat" post it anyway I'll find a use regardless.
Right now 25%,

Nortos

They are from a greenhouse tileset and I put them into events for you
here's the tileset and site for credit http://www.teamanti.com/rmxp/greenhousecomplete.png

hope that's what you need :)

Kathis

February 28, 2008, 04:44:20 am #7 Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:48:07 am by Kathis
^_^ it is what I need, the more the merrier :P that way you have more herbs to work with in the game ^-~

if you can get the other plants into a character set that would be assume ^_^
Right now 25%,

nerissya

Nortos can you teach me how you do eet? So i can help him to? I saw some nice herbs before but i couldn't get them to work.. -.-

Nortos

k i'll do some more when get time Kathis,
@Nerissya, I use Photoshop and go to view and click grid and show grid they snap more into place and than I just grab a template of something (probably should of been smaller for some of them but in this case Fighter01) and just put the herbs on top of the fighter layer once completed I deletyed fighter layer and yeah that was it

nerissya

Wait, what?

ooooh.. I C WAT U DID THAR!

...actaully i dont. =(

Calintz

nerissya

Yeah my thoughts exactly, if i learnt how to do it, i got some nice to.. =)

Calintz

nerissya

darklight

Here you go, I'm using these as icons so it was easy to convert them into a character set.  :D

Also, I was playing Dark Eternal last night and I was pretty amused at all the herb references in that game.

Anyway, hope you find this charset useful!

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

nerissya

Quote from: darklight on March 02, 2008, 12:40:16 pm
Here you go, I'm using these as icons so it was easy to convert them into a character set.  :D

Also, I was playing Dark Eternal last night and I was pretty amused at all the herb references in that game.

Anyway, hope you find this charset useful!

Looks pretty good. i like the roót one, looks like earthroot from wow. =)

Kathis

hmm thoses look more like icons uses than what I am after, I could use them in shops that sell that herb, but in the wild when the player needs to dig up or pick flowers. hmm still *yoink*
Right now 25%,

darklight

Well, it's what I got.  :)

Maybe until you can find or make the resources you need, you can work around it like this:

Player finds/collects herb from white flower bush. When they check their inventory/sell it to a shop, it's got the white flower herb icon.

Point being, what they find on the play field doesn't necessarily have to match what's in the menu.

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

Kathis

I am aware >_> just thought people would make the character set for the playing field ^_^ but it works.
Right now 25%,