Easy LvlUp Notifier Script error: "Stack level too deep"?

Started by AresWarrior, March 14, 2010, 01:16:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AresWarrior

Whenever a character levels up, it comes up with an error saying "Stack level too deep". This also happened in the demo I downloaded.

Ravenith

Although I'm not really familiar with scripting, my bet is that for some reason the script is run twice... maybe you have the same script twice in your database...

AresWarrior

idk it happens in the demo too. and i added the script once

Blizzard

What scripts are you using?
Are you 100% sure it happens in the demo without you changing anything?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Xyron7777777

I also had this problem, though I hadn't gotten around to asking about it. I figured I was doing something wrong. But (even in the demo) upon the battle initialization, I get this error:

Spoiler: ShowHide

I wonder if it's the same as what Ares is experiencing.

Jackolas

did a quick test.

it is indeed that if you download the demo than you will get a stack to deep error when you start a battle
next i loaded the script in a new project and I got an error of undefined method at the end of the battle

edit:
tried some stuff but can't fix it. the bug seems to be when the script starts handling the end of the battle

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.