[RESOLVED simply]GRR another problem

Started by Alton Wyte, March 16, 2010, 07:21:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alton Wyte

March 16, 2010, 07:21:05 pm Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:15:37 pm by Ranger Alton
Ok, I have it at the beginning of the game the player chooses one of three names or a custom name. The problem is, after the message directly after it, the name seems to reset back to the database name. I don't know what could cause this. Here's the script order if it could have anything to do with it.

Trainer Zydragon

March 16, 2010, 07:33:20 pm #1 Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:44:13 pm by Trainer Zydragon
As far as I can think, I doubt itll be a script... possibly something wrong with the event, or maybe a fix is needed

EDIT:

Try your event/naming system in a NEW GAME, without scripts that arent needed.

If it works without scripts, its a script problem.

If it still doesnt work, its an event/game problem :)

Alton Wyte

Well, I copied the event into a new game, and the problem persisted.
Here's the problem event:

Trainer Zydragon

Try putting the ADD ALUXES at the top, before the name change.

If I'm reading it right, that may solve the problem.

Alton Wyte

I can't believe I really wasn't thinking enough to see that. Adding the character again with the initialize probably reset the whole character, including the name. So antoher solution could've been to uncheck initialize.

Trainer Zydragon

LAWL your welcome :D

Can you believe that just last week I was a noob at this? XD

Alton Wyte

Who knows next I might be helping new people(even though I started with XP when it only had two google results).

Trainer Zydragon

Haha tell ya what, I'll throw you a level just cos youre making me improve by helping you :D

Jackolas

March 17, 2010, 06:52:06 am #8 Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:54:13 am by Jackolas
initialize means you create a new copy of the character
other words it will clear the character to the default database one and than add it. (so default lvl, stats, name, items, etc)

its a reminder. initialize is most of the time only used if the char enters the party for the first time without anything changed to him
also useful to know when you add options to change party etc, never use initialize than because it resets the stats

Trainer Zydragon

Hope that wasn't a lesson for me too, I've had RPGXP for god knows how long XD

Jackolas

took me a couple of weeks to figure it out as well :P
think blizz pointed it out to me some time ago

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Trainer Zydragon

LOL sorry God, I used your name in vain :V