PlanetFall -- SIGN UP + DISCUSSION

Started by Trainer Zydragon, March 19, 2010, 02:11:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Zydragon

It is the year 2010, in a version of Earth where magic and ancient weapons were commonplace and simple machinery was just being invented. A viral outbreak is spreading fast through a single continent, causing the people affected to go rabid and attack others, their eyes also turning a bright yellow. You must find the cause of the disease and stop it, hopefully also finding the cure along the way.

Intro

Alright, so this is PlanetFall, an RPG based on the continent of Valerius on an alternate version of Earth. Monsters roam the lands and magic has been perfected through the ages. Technology was left behind, leaving only simple inventions like ancient versions of light bulbs, meaning weaponry reverts back to swords and bows etc.

This game will be very D&D-esque, as battles will be resolved by dice rolls and statistics (on my end), and levels will go up based on experience gained. Therefore, any battles you get yourself into will be simple; Declare your attacks or magic, and against which monster, and I'll use the stats that you set to resolve the fight, meaning you could take damage and reduce HP too. One last thing, lets be realistic... Your days CANT last 50 hours :).

Elements

Elements play a major part in this, and the circle of elements goes like this:

Fire -> Ice -> Earth -> Wind -> Thunder -> Water -> Fire

i.e. Fire is strong against Ice, Thunder is strong against Water.

Holy and Dark are simply weak against each other. Attacking a WEAKER element will increase your possible damage. You can choose ONE element to start with, and have a possibility of learning more elements along the way. You can't however learn a STRONGER element than your primary one. e.g. Primary element is Fire, your secondary cannot be Water, but may be any other element. The same goes for your tertiary element (third).

Statistics Explained

Alright so heres the basic statistics, and what each one does.

• HP = Determines Hit Points before knocked out

• MP = Determines Magic Points. Used to cast spells

• Att = Determines chances of hitting (coupled with Dex)

• Dex = Determines chances of dodging (coupled with Att)

• Str = Determines damage dealt from succesfull hit

• Def = Determines defence (coupled with Str)

• Int = Determines magical damage from spells

• M.Def = Determines defence against magic

Spells

Each spell uses a set amount of MP, and every spell AUTOMATICALLY hits the target (it is assumed no one can dodge a spell). Damage from spells is determined like so;

Int value - enemies M.Def value = Damage dealt

This is assuming the enemy has a neutral element. Some spells come with certain effects that may increase or decrease the damage dealt, or target multiple enemies at once. Negative values are counted as 0.

Combat

Combat is determined in much the same way, except there is a chance to avoid another's attack, like so;

Att value - half enemies Dex value = boundary number

The boundary number should be between 1 and 6. Lower than 1 is an automatic fail, above 6 is an automatic hit. For numbers 1-6, three six-sided dice a rolled and the result is divided by 3. This number must be equal to or lower than the boundary number for you to hit. Any damage dealt is done the same as Magic, using the Str and Def stats in place of Int and M.Def

If your HP is reduced to 0 at any time, you will be knocked out for a set amount of hours (given by myself). If you are low on HP, or want to recharge MP, you may REST at the cost of half an hour (game time) per HP/MP.

Levels

You go up levels depending on the exp you gainin battle. Exp is a fixed number that I will assign to the monsters and actions, and levels are also fixed values for every player. Every level gets you an extra 4 stat points.

Character Template

NAME:
CLASS: Pretty much up to you

stats (distribute 40 points between the 8 stats)
HP:
MP:
Att:
Dex:
Str:
Def:
Int:
M.Def:

Primary Element: As stated above in ELEMENTS
Weapon Affinity: State your most used weapon type. When weilding these weapons you gain certain bonuses to attack and strength.
Character Details: What is your character like?
Appearance:

Starting Position:

Questions

Just ask if you dont understand something :D

P.S. You can't just say *Zydragon battles God, gains 1000000 EXP* at level 1, enemies are subjective to my creation, and obviously I will make them impossible to beat if you decide to go the God route.