[Resolved] Norton firewall exceptions???

Started by Wizered67, March 13, 2010, 02:39:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizered67

March 13, 2010, 02:39:30 am Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:33:48 am by Wizered67
Hello, I'm Wizered67, and I have a problem. While trying to get rmx-os to work, there is an error where the script hangs when one of my firends tries to play the game. After getting help, I believe this is caused by my norton antivirus firewall. I googled it to try to make an excpetion like I need to, but I can't get it to work. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with my problem.

Thanks in advance,
Wizered67

ps. If this is in the wrong section, could someone please move it....

G_G

thats probably not why, you don't have the correct port open for your server, so other people cannot connect. Either that or your server is setup wrong, or your server wasn't running at all.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Hellfire's G_G on March 13, 2010, 10:15:13 am
thats probably not why, you don't have the correct port open for your server, so other people cannot connect. Either that or your server is setup wrong, or your server wasn't running at all.

He has already asked me about this, and said he has port-forwarding set up, so I don't think that's the problem. Of course, it's always possible he set it up incorrectly, and opened the wrong port or something.

Wizered67

Well, before I did the port forwarding that I did, it didn't work when I tried to start the server. However, afterwards, it worked fine and I was able to connect to my server. Just for some reason my firends get a script is hanging error.....

Wizered67

I think I figure out the problem! I believe under the security tab at 192.168.1.1, I need to uncheck "block anonymous internet requests" Now my question is, is it dangerous to do this?

Blizzard

Norton is not an anti-virus. Norton is a virus. ._. I'd suggest that you simply change to any other software. I personally prefer NOD 32, but Kaspersky and Bitdefender aren't bad either if you don't mind it asking for every single thing multiple times or slowness. Just throwing it out there.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Wizered67

it just so happens that uesterday I switched to kasperksy! yay!!!!!!!

Wizered67

okay, so maybe it isn't that, as I did that, but the error still seems to appear. So can someone tell me what I need to do? Oh, and I now have kasperksy  :D

Blizzard

The problem isn't in your firewall but in your lack of port forwarding on your router. :P

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Wizered67

Actually, I did do the port forwarding.....

Blizzard

Then your PC isn't configured to accept incoming connections properly. Trust me, those two things are just a few that can go wrong. There are a lot more and if you're lucky, you won't encounter them.