Decrypt This

Started by G_G, March 21, 2010, 11:44:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Okay I've been working on a private encryption method for all of my data. This includes save files, actors, skills, etc. I do not have maps or mapinfos encrypted yet but everything else is.

Okay so I want to actually test how good this is. So I want people to find the best rmxp game decryptors they can and decrypt this test project with it. I only tested it with one decryptor and their may be one that can actually do it.

Here are my steps on testing:
1. Download test project I send you
2. Run the game inside. As you can see it runs normally.
3. Decrypt the game with whatever method you may have.
4. Open the unencrypted project and open the database. Tell me what you see.
5. Run the unencrypted project and tell me what happens.

If at all possible try to get an unencrypted version of the project to run without crashing. If you are successful please PM me a link to the unencrypted version that you got running without crashing.

This isn't a challenge its a test. I need people to test it and see if they can decrypt it. If not then my encryption method is done and I won't need to work on it anymore. If someone gets an unencrypted version running then I need to improve on it.

Please this'll help me a lot. So test if you can!

You must sign up to test. I want to keep any code at all private. If I trust you enough I'll send you the test project and then you'll need to commence testing. Aka decrypting. So just post here if you'd like a shot at it.

WhiteRose

I have a decrypter; I've never used it, so I don't know if it's any good, but I assume it does its job. I could give your test project a run if you'd like.

G_G

Sent. Thanks! Let me know how it turns out. You can post here or PM the results.

WhiteRose

I was able to decrypt the scripts, but not any of the databases. The events are still on the map, but the map itself doesn't show up. The game won't run. I'll PM you a link to the files it spit out.

G_G

Good. Thats how it should have happened. See anyone could have the scripts but they can't decrypt the data anyways. The actual encryption and decryption methods are hidden in a file.

So far so good!  :up:

Fantasist

Sign me up :naughty:

QuoteThe actual encryption and decryption methods are hidden in a file.

DLL? Or plaintext file? Or Marshalled? I just hope it's not a DLL.

@Rose: Could you PM me that decryptor? I had two of them, but they are buried deep in my collection of DVDs. I prefer vgvgf's version if you have it.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Zeriab

I have a decrypter so I can test that if you want ^^

Aqua

But... shouldn't it encrypt scripts too? D:

Hellfire Dragon

I have 2, or I had, I can't find the second one but send the project over and I'll see if the first one works anyway :)

Blizzard

Scripts are loaded directly from Scripts.rxdata or from the encrypted Scripts.rxdata within an RGSSAD archive. There is no possible way to encrypt the scripts with any other encryption except if you have only a decryptor in Scripts.rxdata and  the rest in another encrypted file, but yet again people can hack that Scripts.rxdata and decrypt your actual script file.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

RPG MAKER. Serious business. I have the sudden desire to rip off other people's work.

Use CC, then all you have to get is credit. Of course, you'll have people like Dart who'll try and pass off your hard work as their own, but I'm pretty sure those are few and far between.

Blizzard

There's is a version of CC that doesn't allow ripping of resources.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

so... I'm curious. was anyone able to crack it? it is highly likely that someone did. but is some one did could you tell me if you think the method was enough to stop anyone with an decrypter from getting it?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

as of right now, no one did crack it, still waiting on a few people

Fantasist

There are things in there that I've never even heard of O_o
I was hoping that if I can view the scripts, I could go a little further at guessing how you encrypted it. I still need to look up some Ruby docs if I am to get anywhere.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Zeriab

I'm so sorry Hellfire. I thought I did send you a reply  :shy:
I just refresh my findings and get back to you ^^

Agckuu Coceg

Reinforced Encrypter... Class. I have always dreamed about such thing. When vgvgf showed such, it was cool. But he never really let it...

OK, I can test this ... I have decrypter.
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

G_G

Eh, sorry I kinda trashed the project after zeriab managed to decrypt everything D: However I'm already working on another one so when thats done I'll be sure to let you test it out if you want.

Oh and this one uses a DLL to hide Encryption and Decryption methods. So its probably gonna be way harder.

Zeriab

What. Don't trash it just because of that  :'(

G_G

Well I didn't trash it because I felt it was a failure, I just erased it because I thought I'd never touch it again. I already started a new project and on top of that it'll be done in a couple of days.

I love c++ now >:3

Fantasist

QuoteI love c++ now >:3

Me too :D Because it's C++, lol! All the power of C with loads of comfort added to it (among other things of course).

QuoteWell I didn't trash it because I felt it was a failure, I just erased it because I thought I'd never touch it again. I already started a new project and on top of that it'll be done in a couple of days.

Give it to me, I'll poke around a bit :ninja: