[XP] Mouse Controller Enhancement Script

Started by nathmatt, March 24, 2010, 08:31:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

A good feature to add (since you have event activation already) would be changing of the icon when you mouse over an event. It'd be even cooler if you were able to set which icon in the event's name.

element

Quote from: legacyblade on June 06, 2010, 01:33:29 am
A good feature to add (since you have event activation already) would be changing of the icon when you mouse over an event. It'd be even cooler if you were able to set which icon in the event's name.

Already saw this in another pathfinder
It worked with comments in the event like for example a enemy would have comment: (S) on the first line so that a sword icon appears.

nathmatt

June 06, 2010, 08:38:38 am #42 Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:53:01 am by nathmatt
update: 1.21 added the ability to change the event icon while over a special named event

edit: i might have to come up with a new name for this script since the path finder is just 1 of the options of the script
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Wizered67

June 06, 2010, 12:18:23 pm #43 Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:25:49 pm by Wizered67
This looks really good, except for one thing. For some reason while I am facing down and try to click on a transfer event, I get a type error on line 275 saying no implicit conversion from nil to integer. The line is
Spoiler: ShowHide
Quotepix.times {result.unshift(tdirs[@closed[cx, cy]])}

I'd really appreciate if you could fix this.

edit: Now I'm getting another error. after I go to the menu and exit it, when I try to click to move, I get a disposed window error on line 135 which is
Quote@window_array.each {|s| return true if s != nil && s.active }

It could be that something I'm using is incompatible

edit: Is this compatible with RMX-OS?

edit(again): Heres the demo http://www.sendspace.com/file/o27vlw. I couldn't reproduce the disposed window error.....

nathmatt

can u upload a demo because im not getting that error
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

legacyblade

You could name it to Mouse Event System, Mouse Map Integration, or something similar. Because, ya, this has gone beyond a path finding system.

nathmatt

June 06, 2010, 09:02:47 pm #46 Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:04:37 pm by nathmatt
update: 1.22 fixed bug
update: 1.23 fixed another bug and added a disabling script call
update: 1.24 added the ability to have a name pop up over a special named event
update: 1.25 fixed a few things
update: 1.26 small bug fix
update: 1.27 small bug fix ok now it should be fully working

edit: question does it look better with the back or without the name pop up
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Wizered67

I'm using Blizz-abs, and after I kill the monster that I set to have a name appear for, I get undefined method screen_y for nil:Nilclass.
The line is
Quote@sprite.y =  $game_map.events[id].screen_y - 64

nathmatt

update: 1.28 fixed bug where when an event was deleted it would still try to get information from it
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Wizered67

Thanks. Sorry I keep finding errors.....
By the way, is there any way to fix this script so that you don't have to edit EVERY non passable thing to have the terrain tag..... This is the only thing keeping me from using this....
Oh, and I don't think this is compatable with your character drop down for RMX-OS.

nathmatt

June 10, 2010, 07:41:52 pm #50 Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:19:36 pm by nathmatt
yea i have been meaning to fix that and i can make it where it wont go to impassible tiles but you will still have to fix the passable non reachable tiles

update: 1.29 fixed non passable bug
update: 1.30 fixed compatibility to my character drop down menu
Join Dead Frontier
My script

legacyblade

It seems to be working great! Only problem is no matter what I do, the events never seem to activate when I click on them. Also, it would be useful if we could set up, on an event-by-event basis, whether the event is triggered right when you click on it (for minigames and such) or if the character walks up to the event then activates it (npcs and items you pick up).

nathmatt

June 11, 2010, 03:03:54 am #52 Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:30:57 am by nathmatt
I could set that up with the events name too shouldn't be that hard

update:1.31 added the ability to activate events instantly after clicking them fixed a few bugs
also removed the use of Game_Player update making it more compatible with other scripts 
Join Dead Frontier
My script

legacyblade

Works perfectly now! Thanks! I love this script.

cyclope

June 11, 2010, 02:57:43 pm #54 Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:59:08 pm by cyclope
For some reason I see the cursor like this :P It shows only the custum cursor when the mause is not moving :'(
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

nathmatt

it only does that if your not in full screen that is how Blizzard made it in his Mouse Controller
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Blizzard

That's Windows' fault and there's not much (I'm such a bad liar) you can do.
But seriously, if you're running the game in fullscreen, this shouldn't pose a problem.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
My script

legacyblade

I'm sure there's a way to avoid that, as I've seen other RMXP games show their own cursor (hiding the default windows one) when in windowed mode. I guess if you just disable the alt+enter and make it auto fullscreen (most commercial games only run in fullscreen, so it shouldn't be that irritating), it would be fine. But it does get rather irritating.

Wizered67

If you want it to always go to full screen, heres the script for it. Its by Mr. Wiggles and I found it on rmrk.net. I just edited it a little so that it doesn't ask if you want to, but always does it.

=begin
==============================================================================
Writen by: Mr Wiggles
ver. 1.3
Date 12/3/09

This script is for those who want to make the option of haveing the player
decide if they would want to play in full screen with out having to press
Alt + Enter

Instructions:

This script is plug and play, just paste it ABOVE main, and BELLOW everything
else!
lable it Scene_FullPromt and thats it!

Hope you enjoy!  >.<

==============================================================================
=end
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Start Scene_FullPromp
class Scene_FullPromp
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
# Begin by loading DataBase
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    $data_system = load_data("Data/System.rxdata")
    $game_system = Game_System.new
def main
    loop do
      Graphics.update
      Input.update
      update
      if $scene != self
        break
      end
    end
    Graphics.freeze
    end
#  Update
def update

showm = Win32API.new 'user32', 'keybd_event', %w(l l l l), ''
       showm.call(18,0,0,0)
       showm.call(13,0,0,0)
       showm.call(13,0,2,0)
       showm.call(18,0,2,0)
       $scene = nil
    end
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Re-Write Main - It's Temperary for plug and play
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
begin
  Graphics.freeze
   $scene = Scene_FullPromp.new
  while $scene != nil
    $scene.main
  end
  Graphics.transition(20)
rescue Errno::ENOENT
  filename = $!.message.sub("No such file or directory - ", "")
  print("Unable to find file #{filename}.")
end
end