Previous topic - Next topic

Karltheking4

Ahh, thankyou :)
But that wasn't the whole problem, I forgot to flick this
@event_start = false

to true, so that wasn't the smartest thing for me to do :P
Thanks for your help, and this awesome script :D

nathmatt

actually that is set to false to prevent the event from activating when you try to move with the mouse
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

karldaylo

im using this script.. and it worked awesomely remarkable

but when im about to click a location which is unable to go to (not a terain tag, but a location which is blocked... unable to go there) the movement isnt responding anymore... after a few while it move by it self randomly...

maybe my systems fault?
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt

nathmatt

Quote from: nathmatt on March 24, 2010, 08:31:41 pm
Cant_go  = 7                      # The terrain tag for unreachable locations
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Shalaren

S: everything works except moving for me, IDK exactly what stops it from moving to where I click.
so just incase im missing smething, I need to turn on a switch or call a script or something?
everything else works, it just doesnt move with the mouse.

um one of the requirments is "TOA Custom Controls", I dont think i have that?  :wacko:
(IN case if its the reason it doesnt move by the mouse) Tried searching for it, Where can I get it?

nathmatt

You toa is tons of addons but you only need that if you do not have blizzabs or rmxos
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Shalaren

oh then yeah, the moving by clicking doesnt work for me for some reason,
i tried making a new project without all the scripits I have, and it still doesnt work, IM missing something I just cant figure it out S:
do I need to apply something? or call a script in game?

nathmatt

send me a demo so i can look at it its been a while since i messed with it
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Shalaren

May 01, 2011, 01:20:33 pm #108 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:31:00 pm by Shalaren
my internet is to slow to upload a demo, but its ok ill try to figure it out,
another question\suggestion,
a way to available to click an event, lets say ur on the bottom of the screen, and the event is on top, you can still click it and activate the event as its so far, so I was wondering for a way to like say, can only be clicked if the character is at least in the range of 5 squares. hope you get what i mean.

Edit: no chance ill figure it out, just put it on one of your projects that doesnt have it, none of em works for me, it must mean im ofrgetting something

nathmatt

ur using BLABS right so i can test with it
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Shalaren

nathmatt

May 01, 2011, 09:20:45 pm #111 Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:06:06 am by nathmatt
alright i will try to look at it 2marrow

edit go you have Mouse Controller by Blizzard ? Because i just tested and works fine
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Shalaren

WHAT THE... im starting to think its up with my computer, i just made a new project with only the 3 scripts, blizz abs, and the two mouse scripts... still doesnt walk to where I click, could you please upload a demo?

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
My script

Shalaren

May 03, 2011, 04:15:33 pm #114 Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:48:45 pm by Shalaren
ok I figured it out! :) thanks!

and I found a bug, if you click on an unreachable place, the path finding stops working.. but onlys ometimes, and when you move with keys, its stops working also

if ur ever planning for a new version, I have suggestions? o:
that you can Include range when clicking on an event, like you can only click it if ur close by 5 squares. if ur farther nothing happens when clicking the event. if you get what i mean.
and another is a small one, to be able to put a graphic on the spot youve clicked,
example, you click somewhere on the map, and on that place an animation will appear as the character walks to it.

nathmatt

both of those shouldn't be to hard i have been slowly try to rewrite this to improve it when i finish i will add that

right now i am trying to make true event clicking that goes off the sprite and not the event
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Shalaren

sounds good, also I noticed that you cant interrupt it if its pathfinding, which might kinda give alot of trouble and theres a chance thats why it stops working sometimes, by interrupt I mean you cant change your mind in the last second before its reaching its destination, it reaches its destination first before does anything else. so thid suggestion is to make it possible to interrupt.

nathmatt

i will look into that the main reason i did that is it would break if you just clicked randomly fast
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Shalaren

yeah I kinda figured :P, I just think that it stops working randomly because it cant reach its destination but still tries, and so its just stuck at that. still tho great work :>

nathmatt

update 1.45
Rebuilt entire script, added true event clicking, and added graphic on spot where clicked.
Join Dead Frontier
My script