[XP] Mouse Controller Enhancement Script

Started by nathmatt, March 24, 2010, 08:31:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwa

May 09, 2012, 08:54:08 am #180 Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:00:51 am by Kiwa
I now understand that your addition only controls "Mouse Left"

I removed your code and used only blizz mouse controller and I can use 'Enter' but still can not use C for some reason.
or I can click and talk to events.

:/ slowly but surely I'm learning :/

still any help is appreciated.. I'll update with each Epiphany...lol,

Vexus

While experimenting with new tileset I was testing to see if they matched the style and at first I didn't have problems but now for some unkown reason I'm getting an error when I press new game into this new map.

This new map has only 3 events which are only for decoration, I even tried naming them to change icon just incase but still getting same error.

Error is on line 749 TypeError occurred.

no implicit conversion from nil to integer.

@inner_bitmap = Bitmap.new(@cw,@ch) if @inner_bitmap == nil

Current Project/s:

nathmatt

are you using any custom scripts that may be effecting Sprite_Character
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Vexus

May 09, 2012, 05:04:12 pm #183 Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:43:32 pm by Vexus
Nope only the mouse script.

It's very weird.

[Edit]

Nvm the error is happening every time I add a new event :S
Current Project/s:

nathmatt

May 09, 2012, 06:58:25 pm #184 Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:57:52 pm by nathmatt
i cant seem to replicate it send me another demo

update 1.78 fixed bug when using tileset graphic
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

phcs666

I'm getting this error using both scripts default settings

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
My script

TestScripts

June 30, 2012, 01:37:03 pm #187 Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:52:16 pm by TestScripts
Okay, I must be being a little slow here, but... well, two issues really.

First, using the (1.69 version, latest) pathfinding to events works perfectly but to blank squares it doesn't.

Second, how do I set an event to be on-click or walk-to or set its direction as specified in the code header? I'm new to this and I really can't work out what I'm supposed to do there.

Thanks for your time and the work.

Edit - okay, I was being a little slow on the latter. Sorry, newbie failure on my part. The first has got me stumped though...

phcs666

June 30, 2012, 02:39:35 pm #188 Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:08:38 pm by phcs666
1 - Still using both scripts default settings, when I call the \commands window and click any of the options, the char gets unable to move by mouse.

2 - And after "temporally deleting a event", I get this error if I click where that event was:

3 - And also, if I right click where that event was, the \commands window still shows.

4 - And btw, you forgot to add the explanation for the "\msg[]" function in the script.

5 - Found another bug, using both scripts default settings and TONS (custom game controls), after calling the \commands window, I have to 'double click REAL FAST' to activate a option.

6 - Oh and another thing, that previous error you fixed came back when I added TONS to the project (I was able to run the game by commenting the lines causing the error):

nathmatt

update 1.70 fixed icon_name error, command_window and, erased event error

also fixed instructions

@TestScripts  im going to need a demo because i have never had issues with move by clicking
Join Dead Frontier
My script

phcs666

*quoting my previous post*

1 - still occurs (the hero still walks by clicking on a event, but not by clicking on the ground)

2 - fixed

3 - still occurs

4 - fixed

5 - fixed

6 - fixed

nathmatt

update 1.71 fixed bug where opening the command window would disable movement

@phcs666 let me know if the command still shows up if this is happening when the event is erased if so it should be fixed
Join Dead Frontier
My script

phcs666

July 03, 2012, 10:16:23 am #192 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:47:52 am by phcs666
Everything is working like a charm now, I will report if I find anymore bugs, thanks for the support and for this awesome script nathmatt.

edit: found 2 bugs:

1 - The \msg text still shows when I highlight the spot where a erased event was.

2 - The \curser[graphic] is not changing the cursor (but still gives the error if the graphic was not found).

nathmatt

update 1.72 fixed above errors let me know if any you get any more
Join Dead Frontier
My script

phcs666

Both errors fixed.

New bugs:

1 - After I select a \commands window option, I can't trigger any other event in the map by using the \auto function or a "key press" condition event (its still possible by "as it touchs hero/event"), but it fixes if I teleport to another map.

2 - Also, after selecting a option in a \commands window, the path finder gets lost, when I click on a event setuped with \auto or "key press", the hero moves to it and just keeps trying to reach the tile where the event is (but it fixes if I click at any empty tile on the map).

That's it, i will keep on testing this awesome script and reporting anything, cheers nathmatt.

nathmatt

i finally got around to looking into your bugs and i can't reproduce them im going to need a demo 
Join Dead Frontier
My script

phcs666

Here sir: http://www.mediafire.com/?anpqk7k7hccdehy

It's a BR project, I hope it runs properly on your editor.

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
My script

phcs666

July 24, 2012, 05:53:20 pm #198 Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:01:02 pm by phcs666
Everything fixed and looking perfect, except, I found one little problem, I don't think it's a bug:

If you click on a transparent edge of a event's sprite wich is still inside the same tile as the event, the hero keeps trying to reach that location and gets """stuck""" (it only blocks you from moving with arrow keys and can be easly unbuged by just clicking on a empty tile)

Since I'm thinking about disabling mouse movement in my project, this will not be a problem for me.

Otherwise, everything is smooth, I will report if I found anymore bugs, nathmatt FTW!

Edit: I was thinking here, that could be solved by stoping the pathfinder if the hero stops moving, couldn't it? (flyingkick me if I said crap :P)

nathmatt

if the location behind the event is unreachable you just need that to have the No_Walk_Tag terrain tag and the the player will not try to reach it as for clicking on the transparent part of the event i did that to have true event clicking it allows you to be able to click on any size graphic or click behind them by clicking on transparent part.   
Join Dead Frontier
My script