Background Worker

Started by G_G, March 24, 2010, 10:41:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

March 24, 2010, 10:41:24 pm Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 08:15:26 am by Hellfire's G_G
Okay so I don't understand how to use it. I know what I need it for though. In Cybele when you go to upload a resource thats fairly big it freezes if you click off the form then it doesn't finish uploading. So I need the background worker to upload the file while the form is not active.

It also freezes while you're uploading and you click anywhere in the form. Maybe I don't need a background worker, maybe there's something wrong with my coding. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Okay the downloads and uploads are controlled the same way along with the progress bars. But it only freezes when you're uploading a file, but when you're downloading a file it doesn't freeze.  :<_<:

Zeriab

Are you using the GUI update thread to download/upload files?  :O.o:

Ryex

he got it working as I understand and ya he basically was. now he is using a background worker
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Yup forgot to post back here. I did get it working. Cybele is even more awesome now.