Herb Gathering System!

Started by nerissya, February 27, 2008, 03:26:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nerissya

February 27, 2008, 03:26:25 pm Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 03:39:48 pm by nerissya
Hello CP and welcome to my Herb Gathering System tutorial. This is how i do it. im sure there are alot of other ways. but in my opinion this is very easy. This is a very easy way, for those experience people might want to make it so that some herbs only grow when its summer etc, but i cant do that so..

begin with making a picture similiar to this and save it as Herb1:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Then make another picture, similar to this and save it as herb2:

Continue like this and save it as herb3:

Keep doing like that until you have something like this:

This is the pictures we will work with.

NOTE: The more pictures you make, the longer its gonna take for the players to pick the herbs.

NOTE: This is the pictures i made for the tutorial, your pictures can have a better looking layout and different colors if you want to.

Now, put all of your images in your graphics > pictures folder.

Make a new event in your RPG Maker XP. set its trigger to action button.

Make a 'Show Choices' and put the choices to anything you'd like. I put 'Pick herb' and 'Don't pick herb.'

If they say 'Dont pick herb' Let them just exit the event. If they press 'Pick herb' Do this a show picture command and put your first picture. make a wait command and put it to 20 frames (one second) and put the next picture. Repeat but with different pictures. When you have done the last picture put a wait command with 20 frames and erase all pictures. then, give them a herb item.

This is how your event should look when you are done:

NOTE: I only used 4 pictures in that event because im to lazy. =)

Test play. Pretty cool huh? You got your herb gathering system!

NOTE: You can do mining the same way. =)

If you feel that something should be added to this tutorial or changed feel free to post it. Thanks for reading!

EDIT: I noticed i forgot to put Erase Event. Always put erase event after the events or the players will be able to pick as many as he likes and that wouldn't be to good. And if you dont want the herbs to grow out again. make a local switch.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Juan

Intersting idea with herbs. Good work on making this.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

nerissya

Thanks you Juan. =) Replys ftw. =)

Punn

Good job on the system, you can add something where the herbs grows back after a while, make it alittle realistic

nerissya

Yeah i know its a little simple, but i wanted it done quick before the motivation dissappeared. I might add some stuff tomorrow. =)

nerissya

This is the style i use in my game:

Valcos

Lol, not bad :D. I would have done it the exact same way ;D.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Nortos

nerissya

grey - black gradient and Bewel and emboss ftw. =)

Sally

its good, it wont be too hard to add a sound of your character gathering the herb, and a herb colecting level, and some herbs you need a higher level herb colecting skill level to colect the herb, i could make it if you want, not now thou

nerissya

I might add to the tutorial later today.. but im leaving computer soon but ill be back soon.

Calintz

Lol, this is awesome, because it can be anything, not herbs...All this system really is, is a loading process. Not to say negative thing, I'm actually glad that you brought this up, because it gave me an extraordinary idea for my game...

This new idea will make my game look VERY professional. Thank you!

Blizzard

Lol, soon nerissya will exceed us all in RMXP. :) Nice tute, BTW.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

Heh no problem Calintz, And thanks blizzard. <3

Sally

i discoverd a bug! by looking at the event system, you will be able to keep on picking the herb over and over and over, i suggest useing variables. not switched kuz then with variables can make it so some herbs lets you gathere it 2 times nto only 1 :)

Valcos

I know this is a pretty n00b question ::)...but what are variables...like how you use them? ???
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

nerissya

Quote from: Susys on February 29, 2008, 07:58:34 pm
i discoverd a bug! by looking at the event system, you will be able to keep on picking the herb over and over and over, i suggest useing variables. not switched kuz then with variables can make it so some herbs lets you gathere it 2 times nto only 1 :)

omgwtf!

*sounds like Blizz*
Ill look in to it.

Just kidding, listen to Sally, use variables or switched or whatever you want to.

i jsut told the basics, do whatever you want from that.

Darok

You can use Variable for the Experience and a Variable aleatory 1 - 6 and in every aleatory you get 1,2 or 3 Herbs and in the others you fail. And with a Conditional you can do that some Herbs need "X" Experience.

Good Job  :)

[ Srry For Bad English :shy:]

SBR*

Nice idea! But I'm wondering why you use 4 images. Can't you just overwrite the old image by storing it in 1 again? Correct me if I'm wrong  :???:.

G_G

Look when the last reply was. The person who wrote this is inactive and has been since July 11, 2009. Please check these things before posting.

SBR*

May 09, 2010, 02:57:48 pm #20 Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 03:03:20 pm by SBR*
Quote from: game_guy on May 09, 2010, 09:57:39 am
Look when the last reply was. The person who wrote this is inactive and has been since July 11, 2009. Please check these things before posting.

Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't saw that :(. But I didn't know this was so unactive that this remained on the front page... I will remember that :P.Once again, sorry... I'm used to it that off the front page and then posting is necroposting.

G_G