Spirits MMO beta

Started by whitespirits, March 30, 2010, 07:43:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kett Shee

I have been unable to connect to the server so, no.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

crzyone9584

I was just on there. Got my butt kicked by a guard. My bad for trying to figure out the controls. As i said might want to re-map them. They are really confusing. Also when you die you might want to find a way to stop the weather.

Snow in a house?: ShowHide

That was about 5 minutes before posting this. There where more but I don't have enough time to take pictures and post them here. Well for right now i don't have the time off to work we go!

whitespirits

thanks im sorting what ur adding :D

crzyone9584

Quote from: whitespirits on March 31, 2010, 07:29:13 pm
thanks im sorting what ur adding :D

No Problem. Always willing to help out. Just a question is there an updater or will i have to re-download the files?

whitespirits

re download i updated the links im not to sure how to work an updater, i think i mite need some help soon :D atm im solo

crzyone9584

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5861.0.html

Thats a c# translated vb.net tool found on this forum. Auto updater. Sort of auto update. User presses buttons to see if there is an update. if there is click download then install. Eventually i will have the whole thing automated so no pressing of the buttons will need to used. It is all open source for you to edit yourself. If you need with with vb.net let me know and i'll edit the few links that need to be edited.

Having to re-download and replace files gets really annoying.  :evil:

whitespirits

have to help me out with the updater ant got a clue i noticed blizz posted a script does that do same thing? but dont require vb?

crzyone9584

Quote from: whitespirits on April 01, 2010, 12:57:33 pm
have to help me out with the updater ant got a clue i noticed blizz posted a script does that do same thing? but dont require vb?

Where is his script? What he posted in my thread are just the instructions.

And I'm able to help I just need to know where you are going to host your zip file. (which contains the updates) the zip must be named mygame.zip

Also make a txt file upload to the same directory. Must have a website that allows hotlinking to files.

Or i can host it for you for right now for free.

whitespirits

so u can host it for me but how do i get the different versions 2 U?

crzyone9584

Quote from: whitespirits on April 01, 2010, 06:55:08 pm
so u can host it for me but how do i get the different versions 2 U?

For the time being I'll just make you an ftp account that is only allowed in the folder you need. Take note it will be free as long as my bandwidth doesn't get sucked from people downloading the file. So for beta testing I'm ok with it. Once you launch the game to the public and more and more people start to download updates, you will need your own host for the files.

whitespirits

thanks dude i added you to my msn messenger