A tribute to classic RPG soundtracks.

Started by Quan, February 27, 2008, 04:45:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quan

February 27, 2008, 04:45:16 pm Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 04:46:00 pm by Quan
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post a link to a new project I'm working on with my friend Omar (Dolom Zero), who's an electronic producer from Spain.  It's called Melodic Saga, and it's kind of a conceptual tribute to SNES/PSX era RPG music -- specifically the works of Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda.  As a general rule, I handle programming drums and percussion -- kind of my forte -- and Omar composes, but we trade off a fair amount too.

We only have the one track up on our MySpace at this very moment, but I'm going to be putting a few more up later tonight:

http://myspace.com/melodicsaga

You can also check out a demo of the "closing credits" song here, although admittedly I think it's our least authentic song:

http://www.docquan.com/audio/creditroll.mp3

Anyway, like it, hate it, take it, leave it...  however you feel, your feedback is appreciated.  Hope you dig!

Starrodkirby86

Somehow, the sudden instrument stops for Triumph and Loss sound to me like the song has been reversed, even though the song is not. I'm sure there were fade outs rather than stops, but who knows. However, when the rest of the instruments come in, it really makes it have a tribal soothing tone, it's extremely nice.

---

If you were to be serious in making a full out project, the music department is going to be something pretty...astronomical.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

nerissya

Yeah, when the music stop and start again all the time, it doesn't sound good to me. Other than that i kind of like the song. =)

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Quan

Put up The Frozen North, that's my favorite track thus far.  Reminds me of Final Fantasy XI.  Check it out.

Starrodkirby86

Frozen North has a very clean and gentle ambiance to it, a little soothing at best, with the SNES sounding twinkle instruments making a nice sound to get the listener less sleepy. I liked it better than Triumph and Loss, I'll tell you that. Once more, you should be having some musical resource thing...if you haven't at least.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).