Valdred's music

Started by Valdred, March 31, 2010, 01:01:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdred

Some music I have made. You are free to use it all. Some of the tunes are not quite complete yet (like sad n' happy) but I'll upload updates versions as I complete them, and also add new tunes I make to the folder. I'm new to composing by the way, so don't expect any Mozart.

http://bb.xieke.com/files/2/BGM's.zip

lonely_cubone

This sounds pretty nice. *levels*

By the way, those mp3 files sound like they were written as midis. What did you use to convert them? I can never find anything that converts them without losing quality.

Valdred

I don't really know what a midi is  :shy:, but I used fl studio to make it. And fl studio has an export feature that allows you to export it to whatever format you want.

lonely_cubone

Well that sounds useful, I'll look into it. Thanks :D!
Also, a midi is just the default format for music that's written with software on a computer. It stores the individual notes as data instead of raw sound data (I think). And it's not compatible with much (other than game making software like RPG Maker and Game Maker).

Subsonic_Noise

Midi is like a sheet notation for your PC. The computer reads the notes and lets the midi instruments play them, which also means that a midi will sound different on every computer.

Valdred

How fun :D
Do this mean that I can import a midi to finale notepad and get the sheet music?

Subsonic_Noise

Yes, that should work. At least Guitar Pro 6 does that. [/shameless advertisement because that company endorses me]