[April Fools] RPG Maker XP/VX Decrypter

Started by Zeriab, April 01, 2010, 03:39:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeriab

April 01, 2010, 03:39:25 pm Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:40:12 pm by Zeriab
RPG Maker XP/VX Decrypter

As I am sure most of you know, there are decrypters out there. I would not dream of releasing a decrypter if I were the first, but since they are out there it's a different matter. I wrote this to compete against the other decrypters out there.

Features
  • Fast decryption. 50 MB usually takes 10-25 seconds to decrypt.
  • Decrypt multiple files as once.
  • Cross-platform
  • User-friendly
  • Cool music

Instructions
Note: Java must be installed to run the decrypter. You can download it for free at java.com.

Download the .jar file: http://www.mediafire.com/?yezjhdmjnln

Press enter or double-click on the file to run the program.

When you run the program you'll get a file dialog.
Find the directory with the encrypted archive(s)

You can selected more than one file. Control+Left-click for individual file (de)selection.

A progress bar will allow you to keep track of how far each archive has been encrypted.

When you see this you are done and all the archives has been decrypted  :thumb:

If everything went well you should find folder present in the current directory which are named the same as the encrypted archives except for the dot being replaces with underscore.

Future Work
Fix the issue of the decrypted contents not being moved to its proper destination some times.
Allow the output directory to be specified.
Allow batch files for simple decryption of multiple files.
Allow decryption of files across multiple directories to be scheduled for decryption (as opposed to having to run the program one time for each directory)
Allow search of encrypted archives.

Author's Notes
The decrypter is slight slower than my RPG Maker XP/VX Encrypter since it has to create many files compared to one.
Creating files is slow because the OS has to create and attach access lists to it, creating multiple file handlers is expensive and I imagine virus scanners might work slower with multiple files.

*hugs*

G_G

Hmmm all the more reason to continue working on an awesome game data decryptor >:3

Nice job zeriab!

Tyril132

QuoteHmmm all the more reason to continue working on an awesome game data decryptor >:3

Did you mean "encrypter?"   XD
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack
Personality Index:: ShowHide

G_G

Zeriab

This was just an april fools joke from me ^^
I guess it was too obvious  :'(

G_G

Actually it didn't dawn on to me until a minute ago, I was about to post here to see if it was a bug or if it was a joke. xD
I was testing around with a few new encryption methods.

.__. nice joke xD

Tyril132

You got me too, honestly.

I wasn't... sure what to say about the product in question... lol
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack

Fantasist

Zeriab, this seems exactly the kind of work that I would expect from you (only from a technical point of view, not ethical!). Had I been around, I would've been fooled... or not? I'll never know :'(

PS: For all your awesomeness, here you go: *a rib-crunching hug and a level up*
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Tyril132

Well, that was the thing... from a technical standpoint, it obviously would have been a pretty great achievement.

From an ethical standpoint, it seemed a bit... sketchy.  :^_^':
DSC Project Soundtrack

Zeriab

Aww, thanks :3
I even manage to fool vgvgf (at another website)
It was just weird that nobody pointed out the ethical part  :huh:

*hugs Fantasist* <3

I definitely could have released a working decrypter.
I have already made one. Blizz have seen the code. It's surprisingly simple ^_^
The game relies on the secrecy of the algorithm rather than its strength.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Fantasist

QuoteAww, thanks :3
I even manage to fool vgvgf (at another website)

No kidding! I wonder if he's still working on that Open RPG Maker thingy...

QuoteIt was just weird that nobody pointed out the ethical part

The world we live in! :lol:

QuoteI definitely could have released a working decrypter.
I have already made one. Blizz have seen the code. It's surprisingly simple ^_^
The game relies on the secrecy of the algorithm rather than its strength.

I have Internet Security this semester, and I always keep wondering: why go for public keys and private keys and so many levels of filtering when you make your encryption discreet and customized? I have the answer now: if you happen to get famous, it won't be long before someone will figure out your method...
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Zeriab

I guess you are right XD
Public/private key systems is not really applicable here.

Fantasist

I didn't mean here, I was just saying.
IS (Internet Security) is... OK. Not boring but not too interesting either. I thought it would be interesting, but it's not. I guess it might have to do with who's teaching it... b/c I thought OS would be OK but it's my most favourite subject this sem, thanks to a wonderful teacher ^_^