CA! EX... anyone up for the task?

Started by Jragyn, April 01, 2010, 06:02:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jragyn

I umm...
I'm trying to make a game, using XP of course...
and I figured I have like, an hour or more of gameplay now, and was wondering if anyone was...well...
up for giving me some criticism on it?

I have friends in real life that I have play and test the game, so I know it somewhat works...(though I'm certain there innumerable bugs)

But none of my friends are like, XP saavy, they kinda suggest things that would be cool, but would obviously require absurd amounts of scripting that well, I suck at. So I was hoping that I could fetch some feedback from those who make games, and play games, so I can hopefully get some useful, constructive criticism.

http://www.zumodrive.com/share/4w7QMTZjND

is the link...

And here is a few things I already know about the game:

--The mapping isn't the greatest. Or anywhere close. It gets the point across, though.

--I literally didn't add the hint of story that is in the game until halfway through what you see.
    So its might seem kinda retarded.

--There are a bajillion scripts in this game. For the most part, they are all compatible and set up as they should be, but if you come across an error, please tell me what ya did so I can fix it!

--I used pretty much all RTP graphix, while all the most the music I use from elsewhere. You may or may not recognize the music.

--The game uses BlizzABS(2.6), but the graphics for attacking aren't set up at all, so quite literally, your just standing there and a sword swings seemingly outta no where. If you can't deal with it, don't play it. I'll implement graphics, but they aren't necessary now. :D

--That being said...I think the world knows the majority of it all...

Oh, umm, controls! Mostly they are all explained within the game, but incase you miss it or I just am retarded and forgot some controls, here they are:

UP = "Key['Arrow Up'], Key['W']"
    LEFT = "Key['Arrow Left'], Key['A']"
    DOWN = "Key['Arrow Down'], Key['S']"
    RIGHT = "Key['Arrow Right'], Key['D']"
    PREVPAGE = "Key['Q'], Key['Page Up']"
    NEXTPAGE = "Key['E'], Key['Page Down']"
    CONFIRM = "Key['Enter'], Key['H']"
    CANCEL = "Key['F'], Key['Backspace']"
    ATTACK = "Key['K'], Key['Left Ctrl'], Key['End']"
    DEFEND = "Key['L']"
    SKILL = "Key['J']"
    ITEM = "Key['I']"
    SELECT = "Key['O'], Key['/']"
    HUD = "Key['Z']"
    HOTKEY = "Key['X']"
    MINIMAP = "Key['C']"
    RUN = "Key['M'], Key['Left Shift']"
    SNEAK = "Key['.'], Key['Left Alt']"
    JUMP = "Key['Space'], Key[',']"
    TURN = "Key['U']"

haha, directly from part 1 of the ABS.

but umm....yeah. So thats it!
Tell me how it goes!

I feel like I'm forgetting something...
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

crzyone9584

April 01, 2010, 06:55:32 pm #1 Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:01:31 pm by crzyone9584
Just downloaded the game. First thing is take out the Blizz-ABS configuration program and the sbc file. They are not required for the end user of the game, just eh developer. Will post later with what I'm able to find. Need a break form my big project.

Just started the game. Text - New Game, Continue, Exit do not show.

Speech text/message text do not show. Unless that is part of the
QuoteI literally didn't add the hint of story that is in the game until halfway through what you see.

Letters in the Input name do not show up.

Looks like no text is showing up at all. Again unless its part of the quote above.

Unable to get menu to come up either.

WhiteRose

Quote from: crzyone9584 on April 01, 2010, 06:55:32 pm
Just downloaded the game. First thing is take out the Blizz-ABS configuration program and the sbc file. They are not required for the end user of the game, just eh developer. Will post later with what I'm able to find. Need a break form my big project.

Just started the game. Text - New Game, Continue, Exit do not show.

Speech text/message text do not show. Unless that is part of the
QuoteI literally didn't add the hint of story that is in the game until halfway through what you see.

Letters in the Input name do not show up.

Looks like no text is showing up at all. Again unless its part of the quote above.

Unable to get menu to come up either.

Sounds like you might not have the font he's using installed. That wouldn't explain the menu not showing up, though.

crzyone9584

He might want to include the fonts then. Unless they are there and i didn't notice.