Menu

Started by nathmatt, February 01, 2010, 01:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmatt

February 01, 2010, 01:54:02 pm Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:24:44 pm by nathmatt
Didn't know where to put this just wanted to know what you thing of my menu so far

Spoiler: ShowHide

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

MeVII

Hey.

Im not a fan of "wood" or "natural" menus. I like them clean, crisp, near empty ... in short, minimalistic.

Point being, I still think yours looks nice. I could nit pick ... but I think if you continue to polish it off to your own liking, its going to turn out very well.

MeVII

Sase

The default strings (Body Armor, PDEF, etc) don't go that well with this menu system. Also the stretched windowskin texture looks quite corrupted.
The item and skill menu look awesome, only if you have your inventory full of stuff the display you use (5 icons at a time, no name) can be quite annoying (RMXP default Burinig Shot :p)

The second screen looks best because there is no map under it.

Tyril132

I like what you're doing with the general layout. It's very readable.

I would agree that the default icons don't match the aesthetic style of the menu background or characters you've chosen, but I understand they may just be placeholders.

I don't really a have a problem with light/"parchment" colored backgrounds personally, but most people tend to prefer darker, more "solid" colored backgrounds, it seems. Are you planning on allowing the user to change the menu skin? If so, you may want to consider giving players the option to check through them and pick one out early in the game.
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack
Personality Index:: ShowHide

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.