Critical hit raising states?

Started by Shining Riku, April 11, 2010, 01:02:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shining Riku

Just to head people off, I know critical hits are influenced by dexterity, which also happens to raise accuracy.

Instead of making a state that raises dex in order to raise critical hit rate, isn't there a way to instead increase the critical hit rate alone? (as another state script addon thingy)

I'm aware that Blizzard has a similar state in Chaos Project, I forget the name of the state, but I do remember it set the critical hit rate to 25%, no matter what the actor's dex was. (at least I think that's what I heard)

Whether the critical hit rate can be raised by a set amount, or gets locked at a certain percentage like I just mentioned, either is fine. I'm not THAT savvy with the mechanics yet so I don't know what is possible and what is not. Again this is only a suggestion, so......any feedback of any kind is welcome  :haha: 

Jragyn

Look at this!
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/tutorial/element-tagging-for-complex-effects_24.html

Its erm, maybe not States per say...but its an interesting idea you could probably investigate, and make other interesting things with :D
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Shining Riku

This is a really good find! I know the bit of script they're showing, so I SHOULD be able to make this work!

jragyn, thanks so much! This'll help with some weapons I was wanting to make, for sure.

I really wish I could make scripts and then i'd be making stuff to help others out, but I don't have the time to learn RGSS right now :<

I have an "ability" system I made with eventing in battle that checks "abilities", or specialized armors people equip as accessories for special effects in battle. I can check if an actor has it equipped and then check for special circumstances. An example of an ability I made would be boosting somebody's attack power or defense when they're under 25% HP.

I made an ability that needs to raise the actor's critical hit rate with a state, so I can check if an actor has the ability Fluoresce is equipped. What it does is, with a 1/4 chance it blows the actor's critical hit rate through the roof while boosting power, and then forces them to launch an attack. I'm still working on it but if the battle ends the turn the ability Fluoresce is activated by anybody in the party, it makes the money and EXP earned go up and raises the chance of getting loot from enemies.

I can raise the crit rate with a state, which is why I requested a state, I just hope I explained myself well ^_^U All my skill is in eventing, and believe me if eventing could do everything I'd get there eventually :(

I am still very thankful for your find, jragyn! I'll edit some scripts that involve the script segment you showed me, and maybe I can post it here as a script patch (with credit to the maker of the tutorial)

Well, here goes! I really do hope somebody can make a critical boosting state script :p but I understand if nobody feels like doing it really (what do I have to offer people in return?)

I can try posting my ability event system. *shrugs* People don't seem too interested in any of my event systems though