[RESOLVED] Error with Blizzard ABS-Tons of Addons

Started by RogerSmith, April 11, 2010, 01:29:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerSmith

April 11, 2010, 01:29:05 am Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:49:42 pm by RogerSmith
Hey everyone, am using the tons of addons scripts. I turned on the Difficulty addon, started the game and at the difficulty selection screen, the cursor is stuck on the default choice, and when I start the game I get this error:

Script Window_Based line 30: RGSSError occurred.

disposed window

Not script savvy, anyone have any fixes or suggestions?

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RogerSmith

Looked through my scripts, and it all seems to be in order.

Any other suggestions?

Blizzard

The error is being caused by the creation of a bitmap with dimensions (0, 0), the question is only where. It might be the dynamic shop, it seems kinda suspicious to me.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RogerSmith

April 12, 2010, 06:50:31 pm #4 Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:54:50 pm by RogerSmith
Well, I cut each 3rd party script out one by one and tested the game, and even after removing them leaving only the Blizz ABS and Add Ons, the error still exists. These are the lines for the Dispose section from the Window_Base where the error comes from.

# * Dispose
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 def dispose
   # Dispose if window contents bit map is set
   if self.contents != nil
     self.contents.dispose
   end
   super
 end

Line 30 is the if self.contents !=nil line.

Perhaps it's my SDK version?

Jackolas

April 12, 2010, 08:36:17 pm #5 Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:40:27 pm by Jackolas
SDK.... Self Destruct Kit
would be a real good possibility :P

1 thing I learned in my first month working with RMXP.
NEVER and than NEVER put any version of SDK in your game.
it can make things bug so bad that you can almost restart creating your game from scratch :S
its easier to rewrite whole scripts to make them SDK free than get a game working with SDK

RogerSmith

Well I removed the SDK, and the difficulty works, as does all the other scripts it seems. Hopefully everything keeps running smoothly.

Thx guys.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />