[Resolved]Weapon power, defense, resistance increase on level up

Started by Shining Riku, April 14, 2010, 11:12:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shining Riku

I have NO idea if this is possible! Please bear in mind it's just an idea but I think it'd be really beneficial for game makers.

Know how in some games, people's attack power, defense, and resistance go up with the rest of their stats? Well, as we all know RPG Maker XP lacks that feature. It would be really cool if there were a script for making the actor's base weapon power, and defenses go up like normal stats.

It annoys me that those stats don't level up, but I know a way, sorta, to handle the defense and resistance leveling up. It takes a few common events and some script sniplets though. The weapon attack power is outta the question.

Could such a script be made? It would be incredible, I think. I know i'd use it over and over again.
I hope somebody can make use of my ideas, and i'd be more than glad to compensate people somehow for their work :(

It'd have to be an event system, or graphics or something like that though. No money or scripting knowledge (if I had the latter I wouldn't be bugging people like this >_<)

Aqua

You'd just need a few edits in Game_Battler 3 to add in those extra calculations into those 3 stats.

Shining Riku

April 14, 2010, 11:47:04 pm #2 Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:49:57 pm by Shining Riku
Really? Huh...I'll look at it. If I can figure out how it's done i'll do it but I still don't know how i'd set the actual stats up ^_^U

Thanks Aqua!  :D I really appreciate the help!

EDIT: Ok, I have no idea what i'd have to do to make that work O_O
Darnit. Still, thanks a lot for the pointer!

Aqua

Woops I was wrong.
It'd be in Game_Actor since it'd only apply to actors... XP

base_atk, base_pdef, base_mdef are the ones you wish to edit.

Shining Riku

Yeah, I believe I found the sections i'd need to change....but I'm still unaware of what i'd need to do.

Looking at the script though.......I wonder if lines 155-158 could be edited to make a simpler weapon element modifier? game_guy made a script for that already but it has a tiny issue with it. While i'm on the topic, it could also be possible to make accessories that, when equipped, allow basic attacks to inflict status aliments when the original weapon itself doesn't have that ability..?

Am I on to something? does anybody else see what i'm talking about?  :O.o:

Jragyn

Well, I just quickly messed with it, but umm, in regards to defense, and likely an idea for every other stat you mention...what about this?

def base_atk
    weapon = $data_weapons[@weapon_id]
    return weapon != nil ? weapon.atk + @level*1.5 : @level*1.5
  end

Umm, the @level*1.5 is replacable with whatever you want I guess...it'll cause you to have an additional half of the player's level stacked onto the attack. Having it on the other side of the colon means that if you don't have a weapon, you still have the attack bonus from levels. if you don't want the attack bonus when no weapon is equipped, then replace the right side with a zero.

you can do stuff like this for all 3 of the stats I bet, umm, it WILL create a very...linear growth pattern though, I'm not feeling particularly math-suave today, so I can't give you a formula that will calculate accelerated or delayed growths right now...but there you go!

--J

A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Shining Riku

Jragyn

I remember once upon a time, I had a script that did this more efficiently than what I wrote above, I believe its by a scripter named SandGolem? I think. I havent' seen him in a long while, he probably retired from RMXP, but hey, if your interested, google it and maybe you can find something more professional. The script entailed being able to set up individual growthrates for each actor and each stat, including evasion. :P I dunno, just a heads up.

--J
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Shining Riku

I appreciate you mentioning SandGolem

Pity, I can't find any of his stuff. His site's down and..I dunno other people don't seem to have his stuff

Thanks though  :D