party switcher with level and skills intact

Started by ccouthen, April 16, 2010, 01:47:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ccouthen

I need a script for RPG Maker xp that will allows party members to leave your party and return with their level and skills intact.  If there is a way to event this, let me know.  I tried to event it, and every time I had one party member that wasn't the main character do a side quest, it reset his/her level to 1, when the character was at the time he left the party, level 11. Thank you.

Blizzard

Easy Party Switcher does not alter the skills or levels of actors, why don't you try that one?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

To event it, just uncheck the "initialize" box in the add party member. That'll solve your problem.

ccouthen

Quote from: legacyblade on April 16, 2010, 03:38:11 am
To event it, just uncheck the "initialize" box in the add party member. That'll solve your problem.

Thanks a lot!  I wanted to event it but didn't know how to do it!  I don't need the script now.  and Blizzard I had major issues the Easy Party Switcher.  Every time I tried to use it there was an error.

WhiteRose

Quote from: ccouthen on April 19, 2010, 02:25:02 pm
Quote from: legacyblade on April 16, 2010, 03:38:11 am

Thanks a lot!  I wanted to event it but didn't know how to do it!  I don't need the script now.  and Blizzard I had major issues the Easy Party Switcher.  Every time I tried to use it there was an error.

I've used EPS for quite some time and never had any trouble with it. What error are you getting?

ccouthen

i can't remember.  I would tell you but I took the script out.  I was thinking about setting up a common event and making it a switch that will take effect whenever you want.