The Truth of the "3D" Golden Sun battle system

Started by Ryex, March 13, 2008, 07:50:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

March 13, 2008, 07:50:25 pm Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 07:52:18 pm by Ryex
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mu3ini

I have been playing the Golden sun emulator and I was studying the battle system when it came to me how it "Really" works

I was wrong before It dose NOT Skew anything. the only thing the script would have to do to the sprite is reflect it across a Y axis, resize it and move it

To explain how this system would work and how to manipulate the sprit to achieve the desired effect, I have attached a Word Document at the top that has labeled figures Refer to the indicated Diagram when I use any of the fallowing: (1A), (1B), (2A), (2B), (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F), (G), (H).

To start the system only uses 1 Sprit for when the batters are standing still and doing a normal rotation out to the side of the battle (2A).  If the system needs to do a full rotation so that your party is in the back and it appears that you are looking at the battle from behind the enemy then is uses a second Sprit (1A).

Now look at figure (2B) this is what the camera view is when you are selecting your moves, the battle back is zoomed in when looking from the angle. Note that there is no difference is sprits between (2A), (2B), (A), or (B) the only difference is the position and size (some of the pics are zoomed more than others).
When you are done selecting your moves the system moves and resizes the sprits until they are in the positions of figure (A), it also takes the battle back, back to normal zoom and scrolls it to fallow with the rotation, this is the normal camera angle when you are in an attack faze.  Also note that the battle back scrolls to the left during this operation. also all battle backs in is game a draws so that they can scroll seamlessly.

From this explanation the rest of the figures should be self explanatory but if you have questions please ask.

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

fugibo

Unless the person reading this is gonna make a Golden Sun script, this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much thought. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. Why not contemplate what 4-D is?

Ryex

Quote from: WcW on March 13, 2008, 07:57:08 pm
Unless the person reading this is gonna make a Golden Sun script,...

Hint Hint
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

fugibo

lol, you? I didn't think you were a scripter by how much you knew about programming. Of course, I know a lot too, and I'm a scripter. Of course, I have no idea what a photonic whatchamacallit is.

Ryex

I going to try. thats why I posted this so that I got stuck and asked for help people would know what I was talking about

if any one else wants to try "BlizHard", as he now calls him self, has made two scripts that apply the principals her but separately if he combined his rotating Battle system and his Pseudo 3D battle cam in the right ways the  result would be something like this

"Photonic transistor" It is a on and off switch that is triggered by light instead of a electric current like the ones in modern processers

Blizzard

That was just for a couple of days, I'm Blizzard again. ::)

I remember making a "rotating battle screen" for somebody, but that's not what you want, right?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

No not a full rotation system

What I really want is a system where is rotates out to the side when the people are attacking

here is a diagram

realy the only thing i want it to do right now is view from the back when selecting attacks and view from the green area in the diaagram which is the equivalent of the view in the golden sun battle system (look at the pics in the word document)

if it did that I would be satisfied

Blizzard

That was made with several prerendered images rather than a real 3D view. It's doable in RMXP.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

I believe that is what he said in the first post, Blizzard.

Blizzard

fugibo

You didn't think anything about the quotations around the 3D, lol?

Blizzard

I did, but I thought meant something else. Nevermind.

Ryex

You can easily make it with out the 'several  images' if you only rotate between the  red and green  you will only need one battler, which I my opinion would be better.  I won't even make it with animated battlers if I make the script

In other word it will be simply a rotation script that only goes part way

Fantasist

QuoteUnless the person reading this is gonna make a Golden Sun script, this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much thought. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. Why not contemplate what 4-D is?

You're not alone Ryex ^_^ I have it in my to-do list. Time doesn't permit me to pursue it actively though.

I think we could start without the prerendered pics for different battler poses. We could start with:

1. coordinates of the battlers
2. battleback offset
3. z values of battlers

One thing about bbacks is, I think GS uses horizontally tiled bbacks. So we use a Plane instead of a sprite for the bback.

And... well, that's a start.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Ryex

yep thats a start

but I have to get tot the levle where I can change that stuff though

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews