the yearly Blizzard nomination.

Started by Valdred, April 17, 2010, 03:04:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdred

I come up with this idea, wouldn't it be cool if chaos-project once a year had a look trough all the rm games released this year, and nominate "best storyline," "best charset-design," "best soundtrack," "Best game" and so on. As a tribute to blizzard, possibly the greatest rm'er ever who has just retired, this event could be called "The blizzard prize" or "the blizzard nomination"

you like it?

DeathLock

Problem is, there isn't a lot of active projects on this forum to be considered for all those categories. :\

Subsonic_Noise

Landith

^^

Hardly anyone even finishes their RM Projects so this would basically fail. It might get more people to actually try to finish but they probably won't.
It's a good idea though, others might have different views on it, idk.

jcsnider

Spoiler: ShowHide
PNO could win the best online   :haha:

I do agree there aren't too many games here. But if it happened maybe just once as a tribute to Blizzard it may work out.

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

>.>

Valdred

I see, What about also nominating projects in development from what's written in the threads?

Spoofus

oooooo i nominate my game WANDERER HARHAR
Spoiler: ShowHide
(and not i never cancelled it im am actually still working on it solo and it does take time if you go it alone)

but yeah id vote in this(if it happens)
i will do what i can for the forum *stands at attention and salutes*

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

G_G

Does it just have to be games?

Why not scripts, graphics, resources, songs? Or maybe something to not even do with an rpg maker.

Maybe some forum awards. I dunno. Just some suggestions.

Diokatsu

Ryex

this thread is slightly different and has a different reason for it's existence Dio, its fine
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Diokatsu

Quote from: Ryexander on April 18, 2010, 03:36:38 pm
this thread is slightly different and has a different reason for it's existence Dio, its fine

Not really. K thx.

Blizzard

I love you, Dio.
My opinion from the earlier thread hasn't changed. We're not going to copy RMRK. Period.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

April 19, 2010, 02:57:36 am #12 Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:40:42 am by Spoofus
welp Blizz has spoken and so it shall be  
(RMRK):knight: <----Blizz(slaying)

Aqua

Blizz never said anything about RM2k...
O.o

legacyblade

Spoofus

yes i did
i was half asleep when i put that
thanks for the correction there legacy XD

and i edited it

Landith

Woah... Reading over the other posts on the other thread Dio posted and.. he said sorry about something :O

Anywaysss, the threads are basically the same, only difference is, GAX was trying to branch out by having different categories and stuff, but I agree with Blizz on the other post, (wow this is confusing) that we don't wanna become rmrk2.

I mean I can see if we have like at least 60-100 active members, but as we only have maybe 20-30 active members it's kinda like... pointless I guess is what I'm trying to say, sorry a little tired here.
But yeah, good idea, but we aren't ready for that.

Now, we could have a contest like a banner contest or something, contests are a lot more funn then end of the year awards because you don't have to wait :D

Hint, hint... Someone organize a contest. ;D

Uhhh... Hope I didn't go to far off topic.

Calintz

I agree with Landith.
We should have contests for Banners and Signatures and Avatars and stuff. Held in the Express your Creativity section.

King Munkey

I would probably participate in it what Lani and Calintz said.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Valdred

I see.

Let's go make some contests.  :haha: