No, Have you never played runescape?
Player has equiped a sword that usually deals around 100 damage and has a 80% chance to hit.
Now, from some menu, the player can easily switch between modes:
-Moderate attacks: power, +atk, evade and all other weapon stats remains unchanged.
- Heavy blows: The damage is raised by 20% (If the player's weapon usually deals around 100 damage, with heavy blows selected, it will deal around 120 instead) or something, while the chance of hitting gets a bit smaller. (if the player's weapon got a 80% chance of hitting, with heavy blows selected he will have more like 65%)
- Quick strikes: Damage is a bit lower, but chance of hitting is higher.
It's probably a useless idea, I dunno.