Blizz-ABS Bug and Suggestion Compilation

Started by winkio, April 21, 2010, 03:40:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

poxy

Quote from: arialks on August 09, 2010, 06:41:50 pm
and if there is a way to make the combo to be based on the skill information,
I mean the demage to be based on the config I did in the skill
(Power, ATK-F, DEX-F, STR-F, ETC)

If you use the skill option, it doesn't have to consume mp, or be a skill the character knows, but any skill configured in the database. This way it seems it is just a regular attack within the combo. Hope that helps.
My Project: ShowHide

Sacred Nym

August 09, 2010, 09:26:29 pm #201 Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:28:32 pm by Sacred Nym
Quote from: poxysmash on August 09, 2010, 08:00:30 pm
Quote from: arialks on August 09, 2010, 06:41:50 pm
and if there is a way to make the combo to be based on the skill information,
I mean the demage to be based on the config I did in the skill
(Power, ATK-F, DEX-F, STR-F, ETC)

If you use the skill option, it doesn't have to consume mp, or be a skill the character knows, but any skill configured in the database. This way it seems it is just a regular attack within the combo. Hope that helps.

In my experience the actor -does- need to know the skill in order for a combo to call it.

That probably should be changed IMO, but if you (wink) don't want that it's fine.
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

arialks

well it says nothing in the manual about it S:
if I get this right, in the combo, are you thinking on putting "attack,wait5,attack"?
The attack is not a skill X:

and what Skill command? O:

@poxysmash
yes I know, the combo is working only with the Mp cost
but thats what im asking for
making an option to make the combo to be based on ATK-F, DEX-F, STR-F, ETC
and if someone doesnt want it they can just put these on 0
and yes exactly, its just a regular attack X:

lonely_cubone

Quote from: arialks on August 09, 2010, 10:10:24 pm

It's right below the Attack command in the config :P
So basically, do what you said, except replace "attack" with a skill.

arialks

o-o! b...but.
what ur trying to say is use the skill
twice in the combo? S:

poxy

Quote from: Sacred Nym on August 09, 2010, 09:26:29 pm
In my experience the actor -does- need to know the skill in order for a combo to call it.

That probably should be changed IMO, but if you (wink) don't want that it's fine.

My bad, just guessed based on the skill drop down in the combo set up. But yea, I second that idea.
My Project: ShowHide

arialks

Quote from: lonely_cubone on August 09, 2010, 11:39:58 pm
Quote from: arialks on August 09, 2010, 10:10:24 pm

It's right below the Attack command in the config :P
So basically, do what you said, except replace "attack" with a skill.

um all what it does,is it uses the same skll twice, and yeah shows 2 demages, but I want to use one skill, 
X:, err man its so hard to explain, the combo just doesnt do that, it just helps to combine moves instead of a skill
if you played online mmo games, you would probably understand what I mean D:

winkio

Quote from: Sacred Nym on August 09, 2010, 09:26:29 pm

Yeah, I'll change that, it wasn't meant to be that way.

Sacred Nym

Yay. All my hopes and dreams are now fufilled.

:3
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

lonely_cubone

Quote from: Vianoce on July 29, 2010, 04:54:54 pm
Hello, winkio / Dark Helmet.

This is is about the sprite change bug. Now I have no idea what I'm talking about because I've only been doing this for a couple days and the only script know-how that I have right now is copy and paste. Quite sad. I'm sure I'll get the hang of this and maybe be of some help to others some day.

I was thinking that maybe the bug is in the refresh sprite section of BlizzABS 2; Line(s): 991~1044.

Please forgive my ignorance if I am mistaken. Like I said I don't know what I'm talking about. It's just that I think it would be hard to change your sprite if it it always refreshes your sprite without exception(s) for events.

On 2nd thought those lines appear to be for fighting. But the problem is in the idle state. The Refresh for the idle state not only refreshes so that you can't change the sprite, but in locks the sprite in it's animation loop. That would be good if you wanted your characters hair/clothes to be blowing in the wind of something to that effect. I'm thinking (where ever this function is in the script) there needs to be a true and/or false line(s) created that will allow for the events to take effect. There are all those trigger seeker functions I see in there too. With something like those, along with the true/false lines couldn't an exception be made?  Next question is, where is the function that governs the idle state? I'm still looking.

Edit: I was thinking the command would be something like;
# stop update if "event"
return if "event"
# doesn't event
$game_player.event = false
 etc. etc. etc.

I don't entirely get what he was saying, but I noticed nobody replied to him. This bug really annoys me, so does anyone think this could work?

winkio

The sprite change glitch is part of how Blizz setup the sprite system.  Basically, it's a closed system, and there are checks each frame to change the sprite back to the normal one or one of its extensions.  There is no 'simple fix', I just have to add some code to make it open again.

lonely_cubone

You are planning on doing that at some point, right? Not necessarily in the next couple releases, but eventually?

winkio

yeah, it's part of that 'redo the sprite and animation engine to make it easier' thing.

Shalaren

I have a suggestion,
make it that if Im using a skill that selects all, it wont show the selection screen. its so stupid that it does that cause im selecting all monsters anyway. like make it so it wont show the screen, it'll just use the skill right away.
and for the one enemy skills,make it that if there is only 1 monster in the skill range, it'll attack it right away without the selection screen

and maybe if there is a way make it so instead of the selection screen. it'll attack the monster with the lowest hp, and if there are more then one monster and their Hp is even. so it'll attack a rendom one, and in the next hit it'll attack the same one cause his hp is lower. if you get what I mean, instead of using the selection screen.

just make an option to disable that if there are people who want the selection screen.

winkio

Quote from: Sacred Nym on July 11, 2010, 08:19:31 pm
2) Last thing (that I can think of at least :P) has to do with the way shockwave and super-homing skills work. Namely that little range circle that shows all the enemies that will be targeted. I have to ask, why can't we just fire the skill off? I find that, since you aren't actually choosing a target, to be more that a little distracting, especially if I have such a skill in the midst of a combo. My suggestion, add an option to turn it off, or just take it out completely.

Quote from: winkio on July 11, 2010, 09:13:25 pm
Those are all valid ideas.  The weapon/skill/item system is something I've been giving thought to off and on.  It will probably go in a new direction, possibly the one you described, by 3.0.

Shalaren

September 03, 2010, 02:11:52 am #215 Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:33:11 am by shalaren metropolis
oh o:, ok,,, cool.
well then another suggestion, to have cool down for skills, like there will be a countdown on the hotkey, or a bar.
and like you can choose how long.
if none suggested it yet.
+, if there is a way to make it so it'll show the weapon with skills too (optional)
like if I make a sword skill, the it'll display the sword sprite im wearing with the skill, if you know what I mean o:.

also
Quote from: winkio on August 09, 2010, 07:39:19 pm
There is a Skill command that you can use instead of attack.  And the combo system can do what you want, displaying multiple damage texts and everything, you just have to use it.

I dont think you understand what he meant.
for example go to the database-animations, and check the animation 23:remedy1
lets say it was an attack, so you'll notice it actually attacks only at the 11th frame,
so what he's asking for is so t'll display the demage at the 11th frame, even though the skill was used
11 frames before. that makes the skill look better, + with the multiple demage
go to animation 30: Ice 1
it attacks only at the 3rd frame, + it attacks at the 6th one too. so besically he's asking for a way
to make it so the demage will be displayed at the 3rd frame, and another demage will be displayed at the 6th frame,
this way, you can make many more kinds of skills,
and if you can do it with the combo system, could you explain how? cause in the manual it doesnt say anything baout that.

ShadowPierce

September 20, 2010, 12:41:15 pm #216 Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:47:38 pm by ShadowPierce
Quote from: shalaren metropolis on September 03, 2010, 02:11:52 am
well then another suggestion, to have cool down for skills, like there will be a countdown on the hotkey, or a bar.
and like you can choose how long.
if none suggested it yet.
->Here you go: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,2312.0.html

@winkio: Since 3.0 would be the final release, I better ask this... Would it be possible to have a skill's name displayed above the head of its caster? It would pretty much be like this:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Also the option to turn it on or off, & skills that are exempted to this...

Thanks! :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

OracleGames

September 21, 2010, 10:14:43 pm #217 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:16:42 pm by OracleGames
Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 20, 2010, 12:41:15 pm

@winkio: Since 3.0 would be the final release, I better ask this... Would it be possible to have a skill's name displayed above the head of its caster? It would pretty much be like this:

Also the option to turn it on or off, & skills that are exempted to this...

Thanks! :haha:

Why not make animations with the names of the skills you want to show and put them in a combo before performing them? its easy, it doesn`t have to be in the script =P

winkio

legacyblade