Blizz-ABS Bug and Suggestion Compilation

Started by winkio, April 21, 2010, 03:40:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

elmangakac

Well i dont know if this suggestion goes here... but since Blizzard dont work anymore with BLIZZABS i think that i can put it...

Exist a script called CRITICAL HIT SOUND For BLIZZABS..... maybe this can put IN the BLIZZABS script.... and also makes other things... like... shake screen a little when the critical hit sounds... or make that the enemy go back more tiles that a normal hit....

it just an aidea ^_^

winkio

Doesn't seem to add anything to the system, to be honest.  Critical hits are just luck factors to keep the player guessing, there's really no reason to make a big deal about them.

elmangakac

ShadowPierce

->What the~?! I was ignored? Oh well, that's what you get for logging only once every 2 weeks...  :P

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

You were not ignored because you log in once every 2 weeks but because the same request you made has been already made several times each time explained detailed why it is not worth the effort to add it as a feature and that it can be evented.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

->It can? Well, I guess I can try... Anyways, sorry for what I said but I just used the search button already and nothing came up... Well thanks for the reply...  :^_^':

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Betown

May 10, 2010, 09:23:35 am #68 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:14:35 pm by Betown
When I launch homing skills, sometimes projectile inflicts damage twice on enemy... :wacko:

winkio

May 10, 2010, 10:27:49 am #69 Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 07:02:15 pm by winkio
Ah, I was afraid that would happen, but forgot to test it.  It will be fixed in the next version.

EDIT:  I just started the combo system.  It will be more powerful/customizable than XAS/eventing >:W

all weapons/enemies/skills/items will be able to be defined by combos.

Here are projected features, all of which will be optional of course:
1.  Timing window for user input (to continue combo)
2.  Combos with skill and item and attack, etc.
3.  Animation control and sprite control
4.  Movement control (including jumping)
5.  Conditions (skills that can only be used when a certain weapon or type of weapon is equipped, etc.)
6.  Branching combos (start the same way, but different input/weapon means a different end to the combo.)

As I said, this will all be optional per weapons/enemies/skills/items, so you won't have to go through setting up combos for everything unless you want to.

EDIT2:  I implemented all 6 features, although 3 and 4 aren't quite working the right way yet.  I'll release version 2.75 sometime soon where you can use the combo system, but there might be a few bugs and the config app won't be done.  2.8 will have everything set for combos (and also a few bugfixes from 2.71).

Blizzard

Lol, and I planned the combo system for 3.0. xD

Aqua

winkio

Quote from: Blizzard on May 15, 2010, 07:47:01 pm
Lol, and I planned the combo system for 3.0. xD

Originally, I had the same idea, but then I realized it was one of the main things that people wanted, so I decided to do it as soon as possible ;)

legacyblade

3.0 should add the zelda abilities, like picking up and throwing objects, gravity, and a hookshot :P (with that the way blizzABS could be used would be greatly expanded. Gravity could easily make a side scrolling RPG)

winkio

Yep, that seems like a good idea.

2.9 will have manual event creation and multi-event bodies and such.  And I'll sprinkle the smaller features in the in between versions.  HUD maker, if I do it, will be done after 3.0 (and will be a separate tool like the config app, thus not have any effect on the script).  I actually want to release all the features of 3.0 as 2.95, then do a TON of debugging to make sure everything works right, so that 3.0 will be completely stable, have all the features, and have no bugs or glitches.  Then I buff up CoSLaL, release it, then go back to Dissipate. 

It sounds so simple, but it's so much work o_o.

Blizzard

It is, lol.

BTW, when you get a bit more familiar with the code, you should do a complete overhaul. There are quite a few things that could have been coded more systematically. This is mainly because there are still some pieces of code from before 3 years. :/

winkio

sprites and animations are fully working :D.  Movement is going to hurt me physically though.

legacyblade

Quote from: winkio on May 16, 2010, 03:36:17 pm
Movement is going to hurt me physically though.

That's why you should exercise more often :P

Good job though, I can't wait to see the next version.

winkio

Alright, I got the whole combo system working for the player.  I'll probably release version 2.74 soon for people to play around with and get ideas.  You'll have to do a slight bit of scripting in the config section since the app won't be finished, but that's okay.

Here's the full list of features:
1.  Define each combo separately in the config.  You get to chose which weapons/items/skills/enemies use each combo
2.  Each combo is made up of many 'actions'.
3.  Each action has a core method called 'use' which is where you can tell the character using the combo to perform attacks, skills, items, defend, and even manually change the character's hp, sp, etc.
4.  Each action allows you to define a simple move route consisting of steps, jumps, and turns.
5.  Each action has a defined length, and a set of frames where the 'use' method will be called, meaning that you can time exactly the frame in the combo that the attack, skill, or whatever gets used, and it can be used multiple times in each action
6.  Each action allows you to define a sprite (with custom frame numbers) and an animation centered on the player.  This could be used to add audio and visual cues for the timing of combos, or just to add flair.
7.  Each action allows you to define multiple start and end conditions, allowing you to end combos based on a variety of variables, and to require special situations to perform certain combos (full hp, for example).
8.  Each action allows you to define the logic for connecting actions in the combo.  This includes the timing of user input, character stat requirements, etc.  Each action can branch off into multiple other possible actions, allowing for combos that start the same way, but end differently based on game conditions or user input.

phew, that's it.  Lots of features there, I doubt any of you are going to feel limited by it's capabilities ;)

Aqua