Blizz-ABS Bug and Suggestion Compilation

Started by winkio, April 21, 2010, 03:40:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

On the method called request_damage_sprite you just need to put a return in the first line.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

July 15, 2010, 07:29:50 pm #181 Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:17:28 pm by winkio
yeah, I'll add that option.

EDIT: also, while making the demo, I just thought of a really useful combo-related thing.  It basically gives each battler a variable that keeps track of damage dealt by the last skill or attack of that battler.  With it, you could make combos that only progress if you hit a target.  I'm thinking I might make this and a few other tiny changes, and release the demo at the same time as 2.81

Sacred Nym

Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

KRoP

Bug: if enemies swarm an actor and the actor dies, the enemies will continue to try and surround the dead actor, rather than moving on to any living party members.  This basically means the enemies will sit there around the dead party member while the party beats them to death.  I'm running 2.79 but I assume it also happens in 2.8.

poxy

Quote from: winkio on July 15, 2010, 07:29:50 pm
EDIT: also, while making the demo, I just thought of a really useful combo-related thing.  It basically gives each battler a variable that keeps track of damage dealt by the last skill or attack of that battler.  With it, you could make combos that only progress if you hit a target.  I'm thinking I might make this and a few other tiny changes, and release the demo at the same time as 2.81

That's the awesome feature I've been waiting to hear about. Glad to know it's coming so soon.
BTW, if you need help spriting for the combo demo, I'd be glad to contribute.
My Project: ShowHide

winkio

If you have graphics, you are always welcome to submit them to me and I will find a way to integrate them in (assuming that they are good quality).  In terms of doing the poses and the animation, I'm decently skilled and quick at doing it myself.

I just finished implementing the last attacker system.  It keeps track of the last attacker, how much damage they did, as well as if a previous battler inflicted a slip damage state.  The slip damage state was added in there for the purpose of tracking kills, which you will also be able to do with the new system.  It also keeps track of the last action that any character performed (for example, attack, defend, use skill id, etc., as well as whether the action succeeded or not).  With this information, you could make a slightly more clever combo where you give the character complete control, but can recognize if they attack with a certain weapon, use a certain skill, etc.

element

Can u already make it so that all hits or just the biggest one are stored in a variable ?
That way I could make a cool barrier skill so that the latest biggest hit is stored in a variable u see the hit and it will strike u in 10 secs but u can lower that hit by a special skill that reduces its power by 50%, In a online game it would be something cool for tanks.

winkio

no, it just stores the last one for now.  Something like what you said might be integrated in the updated version of the AI, but not now.

poxy

Quote from: winkio on July 20, 2010, 10:04:00 pm
If you have graphics, you are always welcome to submit them to me and I will find a way to integrate them in (assuming that they are good quality).  In terms of doing the poses and the animation, I'm decently skilled and quick at doing it myself.

No, I can see that you are skilled from the Dissipate demo. What I meant was to contribute poses to help out development of the demo. Though thinking about it, it makes more sense for one person to make the combo chars, because the style is consistent. Maybe I can come up with a monster's combo animation, for like a boss or something, and I'll send it in.
My Project: ShowHide

winkio

There will now be three options for exp distribution:

1.  Shared (how it is now): everybody in your party gets exp for killing the enemy
2.  Bonus: everybody in your party gets exp, but the killer gets double
3.  Unshared:  only the killer gets exp

This is now possible because of the new variables I added in.  The killer is defined as the last person to deal damage.  Even if an enemy dies by poison, whoever inflicted the poison state will get the kill.

G_G

winkio

got custom knockbacks done too (since it was the same part of the code).

Vianoce

July 29, 2010, 04:54:54 pm #192 Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:10:38 pm by Vianoce
Hello, winkio / Dark Helmet.

This is is about the sprite change bug. Now I have no idea what I'm talking about because I've only been doing this for a couple days and the only script know-how that I have right now is copy and paste. Quite sad. I'm sure I'll get the hang of this and maybe be of some help to others some day.

I was thinking that maybe the bug is in the refresh sprite section of BlizzABS 2; Line(s): 991~1044.

Please forgive my ignorance if I am mistaken. Like I said I don't know what I'm talking about. It's just that I think it would be hard to change your sprite if it it always refreshes your sprite without exception(s) for events.

On 2nd thought those lines appear to be for fighting. But the problem is in the idle state. The Refresh for the idle state not only refreshes so that you can't change the sprite, but in locks the sprite in it's animation loop. That would be good if you wanted your characters hair/clothes to be blowing in the wind of something to that effect. I'm thinking (where ever this function is in the script) there needs to be a true and/or false line(s) created that will allow for the events to take effect. There are all those trigger seeker functions I see in there too. With something like those, along with the true/false lines couldn't an exception be made?  Next question is, where is the function that governs the idle state? I'm still looking.

Edit: I was thinking the command would be something like;
# stop update if "event"
return if "event"
# doesn't event
$game_player.event = false
 etc. etc. etc.

arialks

um idk if you can even do it but. I have a suggestion,
there are many skills that i want to make but i cant because the
blizz abs doesnt have these feauters I need.

one skill I want to do is for a warrior, he's using a sword, so I want to do a sword skill.
so lets say I'll call the skill "Double Slash" and I have an animation for it that slashes twice
so of course the skill should work just like a normal attack with a weapon,
+ should it have more then 1 demage displayed, in the animation it does a slash twice
so in each frame that there is a slash shown it will display the demage, something like this
Spoiler: ShowHide

alot of games have that, but Its not possible in blizz abs right now X:

another skill I want to make for archers
is just a skill that will require arrows, just like normal attack requires arrows
so will the skill (that was easy to explain xD)

and that's all besically, the rest will be easy to do with the combo's.

legacyblade

It's called the combo system. It is your friend.

Shalaren

Quote from: arialks on August 07, 2010, 12:45:27 am
another skill I want to make for archers
is just a skill that will require arrows, just like normal attack requires arrows
so will the skill (that was easy to explain xD)

yep thats a one you cant do witht hte combos,
a skill that requiers the ammo
that you cant use the skill if you dont have arrows
and if you do it uses the arrows to activate the skill.

Blizzard

Why don't you just use Item Consuming Skills from Tons?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sacred Nym

I'd like to make (what I hope is) a simple suggestion regarding the combo system. Perhaps add the ability to override the weapon's attack animation with a different one mid-combo. Because it's very unlikely that three consecutive sword swings are going to be identical.
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

arialks

Quote from: legacyblade on August 07, 2010, 02:28:57 am
It's called the combo system. It is your friend.

The combo system cannot do what Im looking for,
what the combo system does is just "attack", jump etc,
I want to make a simple skill  that just displayes more then one demage.
as I said, a simple scripit that used an animation that... besically in the animation is shows that the character gets hit twice,
so in every frame that he gets hit it'll show demage.

Meh D: I'll just tell you what skills am I trying to do maybe you'll understand that way
for warriors, first Skill I want to do is strike,
besically its just like regualr attack, (it hits without the select window + only the monster that is infront)
but it'll have a bigger demage the regular attack and a different animation.
and that, the combo system cannot do as well, because if I'll do in the combo "attack, incrase strength" its not working as a skill anymore
in skills you can choose on how much dex, str INT etc its based on, and add "power".

+what Blizz said about consume system, yeah it could work, but I want archer skills to consume any arrow, not one certain Item, any arrow.

and if there is a way to make the combo to be based on the skill information,
I mean the demage to be based on the config I did in the skill
(Power, ATK-F, DEX-F, STR-F, ETC)

winkio

There is a Skill command that you can use instead of attack.  And the combo system can do what you want, displaying multiple damage texts and everything, you just have to use it.