Blizz-ABS Bug and Suggestion Compilation

Started by winkio, April 21, 2010, 03:40:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

yes, that was indeed the reference.  I didn't think I needed to be so blatant about it, but I guess I was wrong.

legacyblade

That was my way of saying "yay, i got the reference" rather than "lol, portal reference". And I really like what you've been doing with blizzABS wink. There's very little features it really needs now.

Blizzard

Rather than writing a long post, I'll just say that I love all of you and you'll get my point.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Luke]

OK, what I'll suggest will be the Charging Progress Bar - a visual implementation of charging weapons, skills and items using a bar similar to the HP and MP ones to show the progress of charging. I've already created a topic with request for a script, but having this as a part of Blizz-ABS would be great and maybe much more likely to happen.

Taiine

Okay, here's a few somethings. Correct me if these can be done already, yes read the manual and have a game in the works, but don't think these can be done.. if they can, then \o/ - yay!

Setting so if you have two enemies that are hostel to each other and they kill each other, they do not reward YOU with exp. Yes I know easy fix just set EXP to 0 on the type types. But the thing is, I still like it so if the player kills them, then they get exp, but if one enemy kills another, you don't get any.

Non targetable enemies. Roughly sense you need the \e
  • thing for the \ai to work, have another additional command to the \e
  • that makes it so you can't attack/damage that target. Work nice for guards or like the above, having two enemy types fighting each other, and the player only able to attack and kill the one type ('helping' the other side)

Show enemy HP bar only on enemy you are currently attacking. Right now it seems you can only have them always on, or always off. This so they are off but turn on on the enemy you are currently attacking.

Enemy remains in place until attacked/agroed. I know adding \move makes them stand in place.. but on all my tests, they become 'locked down' to that place even if you attack them/get agro, they will remain stuck in that place just turning to face you and attacking if you get close.

Regain hp and/or sp over time when not in combat. I know this can be done already via a script (one I'm trying to find) but it may be nice to add here as well. (Or in Tons)

If all of these can already be done, then I'd love to know how :3 Been trying to do the above in my test game for some time now and have not had much luck :3

Holyrapid

that regain HP/SP can easily be done by few script calls in a common event, that check if enemies are within Blizz-ABSEAL range, and if not it restores say 1% of your max hp and sp via a normal event. Then, after completing the cycle, put wait command with say 80 frames of time. Oh, and it needs to propably be inside a loop too...

winkio

Quote from: Taiine on September 25, 2010, 11:11:20 am
Setting so if you have two enemies that are hostel to each other and they kill each other, they do not reward YOU with exp. Yes I know easy fix just set EXP to 0 on the type types. But the thing is, I still like it so if the player kills them, then they get exp, but if one enemy kills another, you don't get any.

Already implemented in the next version, but I still have to do a few other things before I release it.

thing for the \ai to work, have another additional command to the \e
that makes it so you can't attack/damage that target. Work nice for guards or like the above, having two enemy types fighting each other, and the player only able to attack and kill the one type ('helping' the other side)

Good idea.

Show enemy HP bar only on enemy you are currently attacking. Right now it seems you can only have them always on, or always off. This so they are off but turn on on the enemy you are currently attacking.

Seems like a small, unimportant modification.  It should really just be part of whatever targeting addon you are using.

Enemy remains in place until attacked/agroed. I know adding \move makes them stand in place.. but on all my tests, they become 'locked down' to that place even if you attack them/get agro, they will remain stuck in that place just turning to face you and attacking if you get close.

Yeah, movement routes have this bug I'm trying to fix.  That will be possible once I fix it.

Regain hp and/or sp over time when not in combat. I know this can be done already via a script (one I'm trying to find) but it may be nice to add here as well. (Or in Tons)

You could use a common event for this, if you don't want to bother with scripts.  It's fairly easy, as DesPKP described.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on September 25, 2010, 02:12:59 pm

Already implemented in the next version, but I still have to do a few other things before I release it.

That should make the Blizz-ABS Controller a bit simpler as well. I used a variable called "last_battler" to check who did the last hit on the enemy.

thing for the \ai to work, have another additional command to the \e
that makes it so you can't attack/damage that target. Work nice for guards or like the above, having two enemy types fighting each other, and the player only able to attack and kill the one type ('helping' the other side)

Good idea.

By default I add all the possible groups as targets to the player's possible targeting. Just handle that differently.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Quote from: Blizzard on September 25, 2010, 02:55:35 pm

That should make the Blizz-ABS Controller a bit simpler as well. I used a variable called "last_battler" to check who did the last hit on the enemy.

Yeah, I added it both so that you don't get exp when enemies kill each other, and so that you can choose if you want to distribute exp to the whole party, or just the guy who killed the enemy.  It also realizes that you killed the enemy if you poison it and it dies from slip damage later on.  Along with it, I made variables that keep track of the last attacker, for agro purposes, last target, for counter moves and the like, and last action, which keeps track of what you did (skill, item, attack) and how much damage it dealt.  It's meant to be used with the combo system.

Taiine

I'm not using a targeting system, just the walk up to enemy and attack biz.. But I'm not fond of having the HP and such bars always show and prefer that they are off, but would like to see them when attacking something. why I suggested it.

and for the hp and such regen, yeah, I also figured that, but sorting out how to do it even with common events is not working for me. Been trying to do such in my test map I'm using to sort out everything with the battle system and test script compatibility and have yet to get it to work properly.

The Niche

Enemy respawns that work by script calls rather than event names. What I want to be able to do is be able to create an arena that respawns enemies based on variables so I don't have to make hundreds of events just for one arena.
The ability to change an enemy's behaviour and type via script calls.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

You can move the spawning point to a random location each time after an enemy dies. :)

The Niche

Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Blizzard

Did I understand you right? I understood that you wanted enemies to spawn over the place without having to put a shitload of events that act as respawn points on the map. If you just wanted to spawn enemies yourself by a script call, an "event spawning" script call is one of the things on the todo list that I sent winkio.

The Niche

No, it's not do with positioning, it's to do with the type of enemies spawned. In my arena, the player can choose up to three different types of enemy. These types are converted into variables, so I can spawn an enemy based on the id of these variables.

OracleGames

September 29, 2010, 02:47:29 am #235 Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:49:35 am by OracleGames
Why not remove the "0" when an attack or skill does no damage, i remember using a shield conjuring skill (or any other support skill) in my game and unwanted numbers appeared, just like in many mmorpg`s when something is impervious to a skill or attack no numbers appear.

Correct me if im wrong but if health bars appear only when there`s damage it would reduce some visual lagness, you could also difference hurt and untouched enemies easier (or at least make the H.Bar smaller)

Btw, when is the custom knockback system coming? It will make wonders with the combos... Can`t wait. :naughty:

Blizzard

Because removing the 0 damage would make the player believe that he didn't hit the enemy at all which would be incorrect.

ShadowPierce

September 29, 2010, 06:07:37 am #237 Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:11:09 am by ShadowPierce
Quote from: Taiine on September 25, 2010, 11:11:20 amRegain hp and/or sp over time when not in combat. I know this can be done already via a script (one I'm trying to find) but it may be nice to add here as well. (Or in Tons)
->I made an event system for this (one of my very few contributions to the community)... :^_^':

EDIT:
->Here ya go... :haha:

Evented Off-Battle Regen System

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Taiine

Here's a suggestion a friend brought up, and I am a bit interested as well.

Rare Spawns, or Spawn % rates.

Would have to work when respawn is active and/or when you have respawn points. Now you can set times for a respawn delay, but what about a percent rate for a respawn. Something like \%10 to set the enemie to have a 10% chance to spawn. Enemies set to have a % spawn timer or a rare spawn timer could be set so they are auto gone when you go to the map, rather then floating around to be killed then respawn. This way you can set for a rare that could be harder to defeat then other mobs or have a item only they drop. An additional trigger could be set so they can only spawn once and when killed not spawn again, ever.

winkio

Quote from: Taiine on September 29, 2010, 08:22:24 am
Here's a suggestion a friend brought up, and I am a bit interested as well.

Rare Spawns, or Spawn % rates.

Would have to work when respawn is active and/or when you have respawn points. Now you can set times for a respawn delay, but what about a percent rate for a respawn. Something like \%10 to set the enemie to have a 10% chance to spawn. Enemies set to have a % spawn timer or a rare spawn timer could be set so they are auto gone when you go to the map, rather then floating around to be killed then respawn. This way you can set for a rare that could be harder to defeat then other mobs or have a item only they drop. An additional trigger could be set so they can only spawn once and when killed not spawn again, ever.

You can do that with events.  I actually had a similar sort of system in my old game.

Quote from: OracleGames on September 29, 2010, 02:47:29 am
Why not remove the "0" when an attack or skill does no damage, i remember using a shield conjuring skill (or any other support skill) in my game and unwanted numbers appeared, just like in many mmorpg`s when something is impervious to a skill or attack no numbers appear.

Correct me if im wrong but if health bars appear only when there`s damage it would reduce some visual lagness, you could also difference hurt and untouched enemies easier (or at least make the H.Bar smaller)

Btw, when is the custom knockback system coming? It will make wonders with the combos... Can`t wait. :naughty:

having the zero shows that the attack connected, but it dealt no damage.  That means that there is still penalty time and knockback.
Other people have suggested stuff with healthbars too.  I'll look into making some modifications, but they honestly aren't that laggy.
Custom knockback will be in the next version, which should be out in 2-3 weeks.