Blizz-ABS Bug and Suggestion Compilation

Started by winkio, April 21, 2010, 03:40:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

Just had an idea that I thought I'd throw here for discussion:

Vehicles / Mounts.  They would need at least one "rider" battler, and would preserve some of the attacker's abilities while enhancing others.  Could give them unique movement abilities and skills/attacks only usable on the vehicle.  Just thought it would be something unique that not very many 2D RPGs have.

Blizzard

I think that could be done with plain eventing.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Yeah, it'd be doable with Fjurio's actor fusion. I can make a system for it, should be able to post it later today.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

winkio

Hm, I doubt we are thinking about the same thing, but sure, let's see it :)

fjurio

January 11, 2011, 08:44:48 pm #344 Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:46:19 pm by fjurio
Quote from: winkio on April 21, 2010, 03:40:33 am

• player sprite change doesn't work (on $game_player using Set Move Route command), it gets reset by Blizz-ABS internal actor sprite handler *N*

I´m just notice this still doesn´t work for the players. Now you can change the graphics of events but not the graphics of the player with the "set move route" command.

Quote from: winkio on April 21, 2010, 03:40:33 am
Vehicles / Mounts.  They would need at least one "rider" battler, and would preserve some of the attacker's abilities while enhancing others.  Could give them unique movement abilities and skills/attacks only usable on the vehicle.  Just thought it would be something unique that not very many 2D RPGs have.

That is a great idea.
This is something i have planed for my future game. The Vehicle should have an unique jumprange, movespeed, runspeed and special skills. Just like you said.
Also a special behaviour for carriage should be included.

The Niche

Hmm...if there was a way to configure vehicles in the database, that'd be awesome. Would you use actors or enemies for the mounts?
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

winkio

Neither.  It would be a new class of battlers

[Luke]

That should be an add-on instead of part of the Blizz-ABS. Most games won't use that feature.

winkio

Quote from: [Luke] on January 12, 2011, 11:26:43 am
Most games won't use that feature.

Says who?  Is there any reasoning behind that, or just pure speculation?

[Luke]

Of course it's a speculation - I'm not a time traveller :D

I'm just suggesting that making separate "mounted" sprites for actors will cause too much trouble while this option of a fight cannot be used in caves or buildings. Changing the spriteset and few attributes (like movement speed) can be easily done just with eventing/scripting.
More than possible compatibility issues with Visual Equipment, although I don't know that for sure (I'm not that familiar with the script).

If you want it, I'm not stopping you, it would be an awesome feature, perhaps - but I don't think there's any real demand on it.

Blizzard

I agree. I'm also having the impression that most games won't use it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Quote from: [Luke] on January 12, 2011, 07:28:45 pm
While this option of a fight cannot be used in caves or buildings.

Says who? Fuck logistics, I'm bringing my horse inside! And my motha-fucking plane!

Seriously, it'd be quite cool if you could specify what vehicles work in what maps. (The default being that all vehicles work in a map if nothing's set up for it)

Quote from: winkio on January 12, 2011, 09:48:25 am
Neither.  It would be a new class of battlers

Hrmm...For my add-on, I'm basically just merging two actors into a third. What's stopping you doing that?

G_G

If you ask me, I think the vehicle idea should be an entire new script on its own, then if people want to use it in Blizz-ABS a plugin be made for it.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: game_guy on January 13, 2011, 08:39:23 pm
If you ask me, I think the vehicle idea should be an entire new script on its own, then if people want to use it in Blizz-ABS a plugin be made for it.

I agree with this. Vehicles/mounts/magical-drug-ponies can be an entire add-on on its own. Anyone who wants to use vehicles in their game can harmlessly get the plug-in anyway. There's no arguments against the author making a separate add-on, after all. o:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

winkio

God, I just realized how much I hate RMXP again.  So the vehicle idea was interesting, but I'm dropping it.  Hopefully, Niche will make something useful ;)

G_G

I might make a vehicle system. Of course later I'd make a plug-in for it work with Blizz-ABS. I would need help with that though. I only know how small bits and parts work in it.

The Niche

OH yeah, I'm supposed to be doing work...Anyway, Rose solved all mah current problems so I should be done soon.

megaman30796

I Have A Suggestion 4 Blizz-ABS.

Could U Make A Beam/Shot Radius.

eg:

I Use A Shooting Power But It Only Hits The Person In Front...Is There Something That Can Make The Shot Radius Bigger.

Something Like This(Sorry 4 the lame pic. i used paint):
Spoiler: ShowHide

the config can let us choose the radius of the shot.

thats my suggestion
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

Holyrapid

Is that not already in the config utility? Because that sounds pretty much like a regular spear attack to me, except that instead of spear you're using a kamehameha...

megaman30796

January 16, 2011, 01:57:12 am #359 Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:08:52 am by megaman30796
no!!! You Don't Get It!!!!! It's Very Hard To Tell You Verbally But I'll Try 2 Find 4 A Pic 2 Effectively Describe It!

ALL RIGHT! The Hit Is Something Like This
Spoiler: ShowHide

The First One Is A Normal Thrusting Power.
The Second One Is My Suggested Shot!
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"