Blizz-ABS Bug and Suggestion Compilation

Started by winkio, April 21, 2010, 03:40:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

Hm, never heard of it.  Regardless, the rewrite will fix all the bugs, even the ones that haven't yet been reported.

Neo90

Is there any way to save current enemy sp into variable on map?

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on April 02, 2011, 10:54:00 pm
Hm, never heard of it.  Regardless, the rewrite will fix all the bugs, even the ones that haven't yet been reported.

This isn't a bug in Blizz-ABS. Some PCs sometimes act weird when it comes to custom controls. All you have to do is press the button into the direction the player is going and he should stop. This happens because for some reason RMXP didn't register from the OS that the button was released.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

BarbeQed

I've read through the Manual and looked through the Sir-Lag-Alot game to try to understand how it is that weapon sprites work but I am still confused. In Sir Lag Alot the attack sprite sheet for both the weapon and character are much larger than the standard walking sprite of Sir Lag Alot but when his attack animation is used he doesn't move from where ever he is on the screen . When I tried to replicate this my character teleported up a couple of squares, went through the attack animation and then teleported back to his previous spot. His weapon appeared below him and swung in midair. I was curious how it is that you make the attack sprite sheets so that they don't do that.

Blizzard

The sprite frame positions have been changed in a version of Blizz-ABS (as the manual also mentions in the version history).
While CoSLAL has not been updated yet, there are updated versions of the spritesets which you can download from here: http://downloads.chaos-project.com/BlizzABSCharacters.zip

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

BarbeQed

OracleGames

What about animated _idl sprites?? 4 frames are enough to make stuff fly or look menacing ;)
If the answer is a NO at least tell me so i dont waste my time doing _idl sprites =P.

winkio

OracleGames

mmm that is weird, i already tested them, and the _ild sprites of an actor or monster only shows the first frame, so they are not animated or change at all O.o but maybe there is something i am missing, like an extra option? I already have "Actor sprites" and "Actor idle sprites" activated.

winkio

for monsters, check Stop Animation for the event.  For actors, add their IDs to Animated Actor IDs in the config app.

OracleGames

Thanks as always winkio =) you should include the "for monsters, check Stop Animation" part in the guide because i would have never figured it out by myself xD.

I also have a little suggestion about sneaking*, i noticed that when you get close to an enemy from behind by walking normally it does not notice you. What about making this possible only when sneaking? it would make this  feature a little more functional and make games that require stealth more reliable, it would be even sweeter to add it to the enemy's "Observer" AI or a new option.

winkio

May 04, 2011, 10:35:25 pm #431 Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:16:01 pm by winkio
The rewrite has officially begun!  I'm going to keep a running list of rewrite stuff on the first post.

EDIT: So first up are the AI triggers.  The main changes will be rewriting the classes so that they can be extended and modified very simply.  This involves removing a lot of the default options from the cache and programming them into the trigger data.  Once this is finished, coders will be able to create new types of triggers by simply changing a few methods and implementing their trigger logic.  Hopefully this will open up the way for future programmers to release trigger add-on packs, etc.

EDIT2: Triggers are almost done.  The menu part is completely finished and replicates old functionality.  I just have to test triggers in game to make sure they all work, then I'll move on to the next thing.

EDIT3: Triggers done :D  Now on to the pathfinder.

JellalFerd

Could we have individual database animations for charges as a suggestion?
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

nathmatt

there should be a way to turn off the AI for your party members to allow full manual control through script calls
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

JellalFerd

May 13, 2011, 04:26:56 pm #434 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:36:51 am by JellalFerd
Oh, and another thing. How about State charset animations?
That way when the character has the sleep state inflicted, his eyes won't be wide open.
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

winkio

Hm, interesting.  That might make a good add-on.

Magus

Okay, I know this sounds retarded, but I tried to even this over and over. It's impossible.
Blizz-abs should have kamikaze enemies. (Suicide bombers) or something like that. You know, enemies that run after you and after they touch they, they explode. 
Like under the "enemy-type" options, you can check kamikaze. That would not only be awesome and hilarious, but interesting to see. T_T Like I said, I though I could even this at first, but I didn't succeed. 
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Blizzard

o.o; *points to some of the skills in Tons of Add-ons*

Boba Fett Link

How soon will picking up and throwing items be added? I'm working on a Zelda game and would like to know.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Zexion